Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Problem description: At least once a day my screen will turn black and alternate between full black screen and this . Some times the power saving mode box will pop up too. I used to get "Display driver stopped responding but has recovered" messages and the screen would come back after a few seconds but now it just stays hosed until I reboot (if its even related). Happens in (preceded by a frozen screen) and out of games when just browsing the internet. If I hit buttons on the keyboard when it happens it sounds like a fan or something is struggling to start up in the case but I cant tell since when I took the side off all the fans were running.

Attempted fixes: Ive opened the case and all fans including the video card fan are still running. Drivers are all updated. Tried googling but none of the images of a faulty video card really look like what im getting. Tried Dells diagnostic support on their site but it keeps telling me theres a problem with my internet even tho there isn't any. :shrug: I only have the one monitor and vid card so I cant switch out parts atm.

Recent changes: None

--

Operating system: Windows 10 home

System specs:
System Mode XPS 8700
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3401 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
8 GM memory
AMD Radeon hd 7500
AMD Realtek high definition audio
Model ST1000DM003-1CH162
directx 11.2

I have Googled and read the FAQ: Yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alereon
Feb 6, 2004

Dehumanize yourself and face to Trumpshed
College Slice
Your system has onboard video right, so you can try using that to see if the problem goes away? I think the videocard i failing and will need to be replaced.

• Locked thread