Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
it's a mobile game, but the pc port is good, and it's only three bucks on steam.

you are a king who must make binary decisions. like your general comes to you and says that the church is fomenting rebellion, so you can either ignore it or put them down. you have three resources: faith, the people, military might, and money. making decisions harms or helps each resource in some way. running out of any one resource means that you die. your goal is to rule as long as possible, but the game saves progress on a timeline, and you take up subsequent games where the last left off, meaning you can make permanent progress each session (e.g. recruiting the doctor, or building a grain storage barn).

it's fun in little 15 minute bursts, and the writing is pretty good for something that's 100% rng. plus there's an interesting overarching storyline that you uncover by playing repeatedly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

this looks cool im gonna pick it up and play it

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

it's fun

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
I really liked it. I gave in and looked up how to get the true ending though and it is some insanely convoluted BS lol, nobody drive yourself crazy trying get it

Sex Tragedy
Jan 28, 2007

father of three with an extra large butt

goferchan posted:

I really liked it. I gave in and looked up how to get the true ending though and it is some insanely convoluted BS lol, nobody drive yourself crazy trying get it

nah

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
ah, it's called reigns, sorry

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
That's 4 resources OP.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

nah it's not BS? I got that the runes in the dungeon corresponded with the runes on the timeline that the fortune teller alerts you to but the poo poo with the skeleton and his strawberries is absurd

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

it's weird that you die when a resource gets maxed out as well as being at zero. i got the silk road and my last 3 kings have died from having too much money

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

my last 5 kings now, all in a row. with a crusade going on too

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
this sounds like the kind of thing id be into. is anything added in the steam port or could i just play this on a phone though

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

I think the steam version has some DLC interactive lore book that you can buy for a dollar which looks cool and I wish they'd add on iOS, but otherwise no. A phone is probably the ideal way to play , it literally has the same interface as Tinder

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

goferchan posted:

I think the steam version has some DLC interactive lore book that you can buy for a dollar which looks cool and I wish they'd add on iOS, but otherwise no. A phone is probably the ideal way to play , it literally has the same interface as Tinder

i was hoping i could plat this one my phone as well, guess i could use splashtop

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
I'm holding out for the procedurally generated retro 8bit FPS from the boys at Devolver Digital, OP

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

no they will not posted:

this sounds like the kind of thing id be into. is anything added in the steam port or could i just play this on a phone though

afaik, no. i guess steam chieves if you care about that. the phone will let you play while pooping though, which is cool.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

I'm holding out for the procedurally generated retro 8bit FPS from the boys at Devolver Digital, OP
Devolver are drat cool.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
I picked it up, but I'm still more excited for Mother Russia Bleeds. I know it's not a phone game, I just wanted you to know. Thanks for the heads up.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
most of my kings last about 13 to 20 years before they die horribly. i looked up english monarchs and that's actually pretty good.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
After never breaking 11 years, I just had a 29 year reign. Followed by

:sad:

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
I hate when I get a spell that effects every second cause then I freak out and swipe rapidly just looking at the little dots at the top and not reading any of the flavor text and it makes me feel like I'm missing out on the game experience.

Cubivore_
Nov 6, 2013

Saw a video on this a few days ago. Looks neat. I'll get it this weekend

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Bill Barber posted:

I hate when I get a spell that effects every second cause then I freak out and swipe rapidly just looking at the little dots at the top and not reading any of the flavor text and it makes me feel like I'm missing out on the game experience.

yeah, those things are tricky. i think there's enough repetition, and the game is designed to make sure you hit all the main plot points so that it doesn't matter too much.

the writing is really good, though. i like how sometimes your king has no reply for some weird-rear end thing a courtier brings to him and he's like "i don't believe you" or "no" as the two answers, lol.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Yeah, x per second makes things tricky, but it also adds some challenge since you eventually get a hang of what manipulates what. Of course it still sucks if you just don't draw cards that let you keep the constant change in check.

Also, lol at the Tinder event.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
I bought this and it's sick

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

sector_corrector posted:

yeah, those things are tricky. i think there's enough repetition, and the game is designed to make sure you hit all the main plot points so that it doesn't matter too much.

the writing is really good, though. i like how sometimes your king has no reply for some weird-rear end thing a courtier brings to him and he's like "i don't believe you" or "no" as the two answers, lol.

yeah the writing is actually funny which is kinda crazy. my favorite response in the game is probably saying "Thank you." when a bird tweets nonsense at u

Sex Tragedy
Jan 28, 2007

father of three with an extra large butt

goferchan posted:

yeah the writing is actually funny which is kinda crazy. my favorite response in the game is probably saying "Thank you." when a bird tweets nonsense at u

i like the choice between what.. and what.. whenever you've lost ur kingdom

Gamer With Dignity
May 15, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

sector_corrector posted:

ah, it's called reigns, sorry

discount cathouse
Mar 25, 2009
Chaos, reigns.

discount cathouse
Mar 25, 2009
- cute Baby fox in antichrist, 2008

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

I love Chaos

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
I got killed in the dungeon by a trap. I like the art style.

Merry Deciever
Aug 20, 2015
Pillbug
Devolver's a great company. Westerado is fun as heck!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
I beat it

• Locked thread