Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TrixRabbi
Aug 20, 2010

Time for a little robot chauvinism!

Problem description: I recently installed a VPN on my laptop on a friend's recommendation. I'm using Buffered VPN. After the initial install I accidentally exited it incorrectly and afterward I was unable to connect to the internet because it couldn't read my DNS server. I figured out that my settings got changed so the computer was looking for a specific DNS server. I switched that around back to automatic to get back online and I'm posting from my laptop now. From there I could no longer log into Buffered.

I uninstalled and reinstalled Buffered but now when I connect through it I only get about 3-10 minutes of connection before I start getting DNS connection issues and can't reach any websites. I have to disconnect from the VPN and reconnect. I still have not figured out how to fix this.

Even worse, I think my connection is much more unstable now even when I'm not on the VPN. Internet speed is sporadic and I occasionally get DNS server issues when trying to connect to websites, although if I refresh the page it may or may not connect. I have no idea what is causing this.

Attempted fixes: I reached out to Buffered but have not heard back from them on any fixes after they gave me an acknowledgment of the problem and said they'd be in touch. I'm new to VPNs and these kinds of network issues. Googling has not given me any straight answers.

Recent changes: Just the VPN installation.

--

Operating system: Windows 10

System specs: ASUS Q502LA- BSI5T14

Arris modem, model DG2470A

I have Googled and read the FAQ: Yup

TrixRabbi fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Aug 16, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread