Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Opie_Yates
Nov 30, 2010
Chink's in the Northeast is cheesesteak supremacy OP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

LudwigVon Lugnuts posted:

Everywhere else in America, a Philly cheese steak comes with green peppers.

:wtf:

Most cheesesteaks I've seen/eaten in California have onions, green peppers and (occasionally) mushrooms.

My dad's from Philly, and he has yet to approve of any place out here as a maker of acceptable cheesesteaks. Suggestions for places in and around Los Angeles welcome and appreciated.

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

bread

provolone

onions

"steak"

mayo (yeah i know, you can murder me)

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
I enjoy numerous different sandwiches, cheesesteajs of many varieties included.

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same

psychokitty posted:

bread

provolone

onions

"steak"

mayo (yeah i know, you can murder me)

i've tried the mayo way. not bad, but not preferred.

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

Coughing Hobo posted:

Most cheesesteaks I've seen/eaten in California have onions, green peppers and (occasionally) mushrooms.

My dad's from Philly, and he has yet to approve of any place out here as a maker of acceptable cheesesteaks. Suggestions for places in and around Los Angeles welcome and appreciated.

In Chicago they try and make them with seasoned italian beef and it's all hosed up because cheesesteaks aren't supposed to have any discernible flavor beyond the grease.

flipoff
Nov 25, 2003

Really, bitch?

Coughing Hobo posted:

The only places outside Philly I've found with decent cheesesteaks are ones where some dude from philly really missed cheesesteaks and decided to start his own shop.

Dubplate Fire
Aug 1, 2010

:hfive: bruvs be4 luvs

scott zoloft posted:

another good place to go is dalessandro's in roxborough. last i check they're like 6 bucks for a good sized pretty drat delicious sandwich

I've heard this but gently caress going to roxborough.

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

scott zoloft posted:

i've tried the mayo way. not bad, but not preferred.

i just... the ketchup thing... *shudder*

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
I'd rather take a cheese staycation. Book me and the wife a nice hotel room locally, buy a few fine cheese trays, maybe some wine...

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Gabriel Pope posted:

I'd rather take a cheese staycation. Book me and the wife a nice hotel room locally, buy a few fine cheese trays, maybe some wine...

Is your wife made of cheese?

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

The Bananana posted:

Is your wife made of cheese?

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

I approve.

Doctor J Off
Dec 28, 2005

There Is
I'd also like to give a shout out to the Buffalo chicken cheesesteak with tomato, onion, and sharp provolone. There's a place half a mile from my apartment that makes a great one, though their other cheesesteak varieties are inconsistent

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

LudwigVon Lugnuts posted:

Everywhere else in America, a Philly cheese steak comes with green peppers.

:wtf:

they are confusing it with sausage and peppers. this sort of weird cross-pollination happens a lot to regional foods when they get ineptly copied by californians

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

Doctor J Off posted:

I'd also like to give a shout out to the Buffalo chicken cheesesteak with tomato, onion, and sharp provolone. There's a place half a mile from my apartment that makes a great one, though their other cheesesteak varieties are inconsistent

JFC BRO IT'S CALLED CHICKENCHEESE

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

we used to have a traveling thread about them

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
You know who really liked cheese steaks? Tom hanks in Philadelphia. He got AIDS in the movie. :colbert:

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

You know who really liked cheese steaks? Tom hanks in Philadelphia. He got AIDS in the movie. :colbert:

That's good enough for me!

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
Go to the Philly art gallery knucklehead

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

King of Bees posted:

Go to the Philly art gallery knucklehead

Fingers dripping with cheese and sauce. :kiddo:

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

YES!!!

Pepperoneedy
Apr 27, 2007

Rockin' it

scott zoloft posted:

another good place to go is dalessandro's in roxborough. last i check they're like 6 bucks for a good sized pretty drat delicious sandwich

It's da best and the only place where you can get the sauce

If you've been there you know the sauce

Doctor J Off
Dec 28, 2005

There Is

psychokitty posted:

JFC BRO IT'S CALLED CHICKENCHEESE

I will not be lectured on the nomenclature of hoagies by someone who lives in St. Louis.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

Don't touch the Eakins!

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

gleebster posted:

Don't touch the Eakins!

Where's the liberty bell? Piece of poo poo is broken anyways. :kiddo:

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
id prob go to the pacific coast of mexico or thailand strictly for food eating, but thats about it

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same
like all vacations, they must come to an end and a cheesesteak vacation is no different. paying for my crimes against my body now.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

scott zoloft posted:

like all vacations, they must come to an end and a cheesesteak vacation is no different. paying for my crimes against my body now.

Namasty

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

Doctor J Off posted:

I will not be lectured on the nomenclature of hoagies by someone who lives in St. Louis.

I am food expert bow to me

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

psychokitty posted:

Why should I buy the Chef Boyardee brand Spaghetti-Os when the Giant brand tastes just as good and is cheaper?

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

psychokitty posted:

Why should I cook a steak rare when well done tastes better and has a better texture?

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Philly Niche Sandwiches Ranked
1. Amish Rib Sandwich at Reading Terminal
2. Federal Donuts Chicken Sandwich
3. DiNic's Roast Pork Italiano
4. Nick's Roast Beef
99. Schmitter

Coughing Hobo posted:

I'm from Philly and I say kill 'em all.

I mean, you get mushrooms and peppers, they call that an "Out of Towner."

But now I'm in Orange County, which is loving bland and culturally poor even by California standards. They can't make a roll on the west coast. Anyone can griddle some steak. I guess your best bet is Philly's Best. They import Amorosos rolls (:barf:) so its at least almost like getting a food cart steak in Center City.

ohsosad
Feb 11, 2012

Why is every game i play unbalanced in the other guys favour?
cheesesteak with green capsicum is ridiculously nice but the problem stems from the fact it makes you fatter you fat gently caress.

Go eat a salad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Why should I buy the Chef Boyardee brand Spaghetti-Os when the Giant brand tastes just as good and is cheaper?

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Why should I cook a steak rare when well done tastes better and has a better texture?

i said bow not ama dickhole

also, medium rare is the steak answer. i will not entertain the other question.

• Locked thread