Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Piso Mojado

st1LL_51ngl3 posted:

On reflection, swimmers really aren't so different from us. We pray to Jesus, they pray to Neptune or possibly the nameless kraken God of the tartarean depths on the full moon when the tides dredge the waters and the inky black underworld of the void spills ever closer to the surface. We both pay our taxes, only they pay theirs in pearls and the spoils of the treasure chests of those land dwellers foolish enough to flitter across the surface of the sea in their puny matchstick boats, unaware of the horrors watching them from below. We both spend a ton of free time playing Candy Crush. Really more alike than not if you think about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

google THIS

we and swimmers bleed the same blood, but sometimes swimmers forget that when they smell our blood in the water and their prehistoric instincts take over

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

google THIS posted:

we and swimmers bleed the same blood, but sometimes swimmers forget that when they smell our blood in the water and their prehistoric instincts take over

Are they swimming competitively for their respective nations? Or is it a feeding frenzy

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

Beige
I don't have the article at hand but I read that by sampling calcium deposits in the eyes of swimmers they have been able to calculate the ages of some of the oldest swimmers to be at least 60 years old. This far exceeds the ages of any swimmer seen before.

By measuring the carbon-14 activity in the aforementioned deposits scientists can see the spike left over from the atomic bomb tests in the 1950s.

Murray Mantoinette

THE  POSTS  MUST  FLOW

Beige posted:

I don't have the article at hand but I read that by sampling calcium deposits in the eyes of swimmers they have been able to calculate the ages of some of the oldest swimmers to be at least 60 years old. This far exceeds the ages of any swimmer seen before.

By measuring the carbon-14 activity in the aforementioned deposits scientists can see the spike left over from the atomic bomb tests in the 1950s.

I'm sure it's all tinfoil hat nonsense but some people assert that swimmers didn't even exist before the 1950s. They say that it was the excessive doses or radiation from Pacific Island nuclear weapons tests that affected some youths playing in the shallow water of the shore that... changed them.

It's a silly theory but is really any sillier than the others given that we in fact do not know just where the swimmers came from?

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

st1LL_51ngl3 posted:

I'm sure it's all tinfoil hat nonsense but some people assert that swimmers didn't even exist before the 1950s. They say that it was the excessive doses or radiation from Pacific Island nuclear weapons tests that affected some youths playing in the shallow water of the shore that... changed them.

It's a silly theory but is really any sillier than the others given that we in fact do not know just where the swimmers came from?

Two words:

Patrick loving Duffy

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ahundredbux

The right to bear arms
swimmers are not humans, the human body is 65% water

you can't swim in water, you'd dissolve

• Locked thread