Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
Updates in the news,

It's Friday still in some parts of the country. I am drinking boxed wine but I hear rumors of alcoholic root beer. I hear it's bad.

I'm in rural Virginia at a writing residency / posting on the Something Awful forums.

My weekend plans are to do more of the same: lay in the sun, read some books, write some more cool poo poo, and listen to funny Southern accents.

Back to you, HCT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

https://twitter.com/chrisrockyoz/status/763509403295199232

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013
It's almost midnight central and I'm just getting into this blueberry kush I just recently got. Last weekend of summer break. Class starts Monday. But this threads for this weekend only so who gives a gently caress.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

Zeris posted:

Updates in the news,

It's Friday still in some parts of the country. I am drinking boxed wine but I hear rumors of alcoholic root beer. I hear it's bad.

I'm in rural Virginia at a writing residency / posting on the Something Awful forums.

My weekend plans are to do more of the same: lay in the sun, read some books, write some more cool poo poo, and listen to funny Southern accents.

Back to you, HCT

I've only had Coney Island, Not Your Father's and Best drat root beers. About the only one worth a poo poo was NYF.

Here in eastern Washington, I've found 22 oz bottles of NYF at 10.7%, as well as the sixers of 5.9% 12 oz bottles.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
I just watched the first three episodes of Stranger Things and holy gently caress this show is awesome. I haven't loving leaned towards the tv in anticipation since I was a loving kid. Goddamn they hooked me. And I've got poo poo to tomorrow...not anymore.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Godholio posted:

I just watched the first three episodes of Stranger Things and holy gently caress this show is awesome. I haven't loving leaned towards the tv in anticipation since I was a loving kid. Goddamn they hooked me. And I've got poo poo to tomorrow...not anymore.

Its a shame its only 8 episodes because they did an amazing job with it.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Holly Bloopers status: had a whole pizza plus wings last night. Today I tried a new pre workout powder.

Presently, I am vacating every dead cell and shreds of intestinal lining into a toilet, which isn't my idea of a great time.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

EBB weekend status: girlfriend is bringing one of her lady friends over later for dinner and watching volleyball finals. Spent the day scrubbing the apartment.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

I'm on day 4 of 5 of my 24 hour shifts. This poo poo is loving lame and we haven't flown once.

So I suppose I can't complain because I haven't done poo poo and I'm getting paid.

Oh and I just ate an entire bag of Doritos by myself because SMDFTB thats why.

Nice and hot piss fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Aug 20, 2016

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Well that whole making GBS threads debacle is over.

Update: working on that bicep game at the gym :wink:

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

holocaust bloopers posted:

:ironicat:

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

holocaust bloopers posted:

lmbo

ps which pre workout you takin there champ?

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Made a run to the dealership for a new cruise control switch. It's too hot for the Vette...black vinyl is not fun, and neither are the fuel vapors from goddamned E10 gas. Figured I'd see Sausage Party while in town...eh. Then bought sawhorses at the Harbor Freight parking lot sale. Now I'm watching the Giants try their best impression of 1939 Poland.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

lmbo

ps which pre workout you takin there champ?

Pre JYM. it's not great. I don't know why every 6-8 months I get it in my head to take pre workout powders again. They never go well.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
dude what the gently caress if I post too much just say something

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
It's within 3 weeks of my son's due date. Stopped drinking until he's born, because I have a feeling I have a late night hospital drive coming up in the next week or two with the gf

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

3- gun match tomorrow.

MIKE MIKE MIKE

MIKE MIKE MIKE

GUESS WHAT MONTH IT ISSSSSS

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

thats a nice gat where might someone like me buy one of those and what would you call it?

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

AUG-UST YEAH YEEEEAH

Excuse the awful website design: http://www.pjs-steyraug.com/

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Yeah you've convinced me that I need to buy an AUG dude, and put a suppressor on it. God drat that poo poo is beautiful.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
lol aug-ust

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

Fair warning, AUG CQCs like that one are difficult to find since only 500 were made. (That being the ones with the rail forend; regular ones are still available pretty readily.) Also the CQC is heavy as fuuuuck. That one pictured is 11lbs empty with the scope and can mounted. Also I had to drill out one of the gas vent ports on the gas regulator to get it to function 100% with the can mounted. Runs fine now that it's done though.

An AR with an adjustable gas block is gonna be lighter/more readily available/easier to tune for suppressed use.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
nice spacegun my man

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

I thought there was a general disdain/hate for AUG's? I mean I think they're sweet but I don't have $2k+ to spend on a gun :(

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

I don't much like the stock configuration ones, primarily because I don't like gripping a VFG like a broom handle. But with the trigger mods I have in (2020 Precision sear, experimental lightened trigger spring, makes the trigger a clean, short 7lb break rather than the stock 10+lbs with mushy break), CQC rail, NATO stock (allows me to use AR mags) and scope, it's pretty nice. I can't reload as fast as I can with an AR, but that's the only limitation. Accuracy-wise it shoots just as well with the same ammo.

Definitely wouldn't recommend it as a first/only rifle since yeah, as you say, $2k buys you a top tier AR. Even building a nice AR yourself should only run $1-1.5k.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
but it looks so loving cool

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Once me and the wife are established in our new domicile I'm probably going to re-start my gun collection again.

Right now my initial focus is probably going to be on getting a nice shotgun for duck hunting...

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
I'm in NY, but even if I was elsewhere I'd still probably only have my trusty Yugo SKS and my old man's Enfield

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
I'm at home in Atlanta, GA doing wiring harness troubleshooting on the race car.

MurderBot posted:

I thought there was a general disdain/hate for AUG's? I mean I think they're sweet but I don't have $2k+ to spend on a gun :(

I like AUG's, and having gotten to shoot one it felt so balanced and natural to shoot compared to the AR or even the AK.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Is that true about almost all bullpups or is the AUG just the gold standard?

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

MurderBot posted:

I've shot an AUG, a Tavor and a P90, they were all pretty balanced when you're gripping them, shoot nice enough and were pretty fun. I've heard the FAMAS and L85 are tremendous pains in the rear end though

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

MurderBot posted:

Only bullpup I've had the change to handle is the AUG, although I've heard basically the same thing as Booblord.

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd
L85 was tremendously rear end-heavy

all the Brits that worked for me at KAF bitched about them whenever the topic came up

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
L85's just feel weird. It was fun shooting it on full auto though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd
I should add, the Aussies let us play with their AUGs and they seemed pretty nice. Trigger was mushy as expected but other than that seemed good

• Locked thread