Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Did you ask for this
I didn't ask for this
I asked for this
Please repeat the question
What the hell have you got to lose?
View Results

• Locked thread
Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I looked it up and what I thought was the second convo battle wasn't, apparently it doesn't matter what you tell him. The mission I missed has the second one. There's only two afaik

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Also there's only one boss battle and it's kinda lame

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The Devil Tesla posted:

there's a book titles "an inconvenient aug"

Lol

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

beepstreet posted:

Sorry I should I have said these in the first place.

Poor performance and bugs.

Annoying gameplay elements like constant perspective switching, still no normal melee options, cinematic takedowns and the fact that they still require Adam to have a charge in his battery, world props being inconsistent in terms of physics and interaction, a boring / bland story, and a general lack of freshness. Adam Jensen is still an annoying brooding dickhead.
Not to mention the insane DLC stuff.

It feels like Human Revolution with a thin new layer of paint. The gameplay is still otherwise good but it feels like an expansion to that game instead of a 60 dollar new one.

it's Hot Trash. You did the right thing.

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

"Aug Lives Matter" is the current lowpoint in gaming. You should be ashamed of yourselves.

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

I just beat Deus Ex the original for the first time and blew area 51 up, did I do the right thing

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015

StabMasterArson posted:

I just beat Deus Ex the original for the first time and blew area 51 up, did I do the right thing

I would expect no less than absolute havoc from StabMasterArson.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

StabMasterArson posted:

yes

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

I've seen like three or four conversation battles so far and I think im like close to halfway through the game.

Dec 26, 2012

ive seen like 3. not sure if one of them was fake though

White Genocide
Feb 22, 2010

municipal shrimp
Mar 30, 2011

I've seen two with another one where the casie thing didn't work. But i only just got back from golem city.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

HORMELCHILI posted:

I've seen like three or four conversation battles so far and I think im like close to halfway through the game.

There's several places where you enter the Convo thing where they walk around and react but ultimately it ends the same regardless of how it goes. The mob guy is an example

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Benny D posted:

There's several places where you enter the Convo thing where they walk around and react but ultimately it ends the same regardless of how it goes. The mob guy is an example

This is my favorite thing in every single game that does this

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

One gets the impression that woke millennial types crying about privilege prefer a society divided by material wealth as long as it doesn't involve anything too cringey that we might have to Have a Conversation about. It's hard to pull a coherent message out of what little story there is in Mankind Divided but to the extent that there is some kind of moral or message it is surely that Half-Life-ian communism is the enemy of liberal multiculturalism. If you kind of squint there's actually some of the old Gen-X cynicism of Deus Ex running through the Eastern Bloc setting--it's all "help help I'm being regulated to death" and other sort of hacky done-to-death critiques of bureaucracy. There's not really any shortage of food or hideous European high fashion in the augmented stronghold. The principle complaint is that people aren't very nice to them (oh and that "radicals" are making it hard for Aug MLK to do his job which is standard fare in obnoxious videogame finger-wagging--see: Bioshock Infinite). They basically succeeded in creating a story about resisting power without ever having to say or think anything genuinely subversive.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Half-Life-ian

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

HORMELCHILI posted:

One gets the impression that woke millennial types crying about privilege prefer a society divided by material wealth as long as it doesn't involve anything too cringey that we might have to Have a Conversation about. It's hard to pull a coherent message out of what little story there is in Mankind Divided but to the extent that there is some kind of moral or message it is surely that Half-Life-ian communism is the enemy of liberal multiculturalism. If you kind of squint there's actually some of the old Gen-X cynicism of Deus Ex running through the Eastern Bloc setting--it's all "help help I'm being regulated to death" and other sort of hacky done-to-death critiques of bureaucracy. There's not really any shortage of food or hideous European high fashion in the augmented stronghold. The principle complaint is that people aren't very nice to them (oh and that "radicals" are making it hard for Aug MLK to do his job which is standard fare in obnoxious videogame finger-wagging--see: Bioshock Infinite). They basically succeeded in creating a story about resisting power without ever having to say or think anything genuinely subversive.

I'm definitely going to read this

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That's one long post

WINNERSH TRIANGLE
Aug 17, 2011

HORMELCHILI posted:

i'm not big into books.

Dec 26, 2012

HORMELCHILI posted:

oh word

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

So it's every piece of dystopian future fiction of the last 20 years.

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

HORMELCHILI posted:

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

The quotes good actually

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Frank Eufemia posted:

I've got like 20 hours into this game so far. It's enjoyable but nothing special. It does feel like a standalone expansion to DXHR. The goofy cut scenes that play ecerytime you fall down a hole or takedown someone are pretty dumb and the perspective switch for stealth is extremely dumb. I'm playing the game straight stealth, no kills and it seems like you end up missing large swathes of the game this way. Also people get angry at you now if you stun gun people rather than just avoid everyone which causes you to miss even more of the game.

that sounds sort of lovely, tbh. i got HR for 3 dollars the other day, so I think I'll just play that again.

municipal shrimp
Mar 30, 2011

It's an ok game but does nothing special. Probably a good pickup during a sale when it's $20-ish to play on a rainy day. I'm glad I only paid $40 for it because if i paid full price I would most likely have some serious buyer's remorse.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
The game is real short. Should have paid $20 but the city hub is the best looking video game level since Sapienza in Hitman, for whatever that's worth.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Alain Post posted:

The game is real short. Should have paid $20 but the city hub is the best looking video game level since Sapienza in Hitman, for whatever that's worth.

comiung from you? about two cents.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

i think they fixed the poo poo with a patch and i can finally save my cute neighbor from the serial killer. schwing. bazinga. yeah baby

Social Media
Jan 21, 2010

HORMELCHILI posted:

i think they fixed the poo poo with a patch and i can finally save my cute neighbor from the serial killer. schwing. bazinga. yeah baby

good luck with that

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

It was a shocking conclusion

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

the level where you have to take out all the guards silently during a party was really cool

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4c70HfjCq6U

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer
This games is cool. I got it at a discount too, which helps. But raeally I just wanted more situations to stealthily slip my nanobladedong in dudes buttes while reading their emails.

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
I wish the game was longer cause all the levels are fun and while the city hub is cool theres only like 3 or so really big sneaking levels that you go to

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

yeah the ending was really abrupt and felt like half of what the story was supposed to be. i didnt have any idea that the last mission was the last mission until the boss fight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Gildiss posted:

This games is cool. I got it at a discount too, which helps. But raeally I just wanted more situations to stealthily slip my nanobladedong in dudes buttes while reading their emails.

Buttes

• Locked thread