Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Stop spoiling the loving movie or I'll summon the spirit of boom boom boom, it's seriously not that hard to use spoiler tags

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

NTRabbit posted:

Stop spoiling the loving movie or I'll summon the spirit of boom boom boom, it's seriously not that hard to use spoiler tags

Sorry.

So how about Anime, huh? Good or bad? Anyone have any thoughts on that?

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Here I'll make everyone happy

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PN_CP4SuoTU

mcjomar
Jun 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer
What is that, and why does it have a lightsaber?

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

*in an extremely K-2SO voice*

anime was a mistake

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded

Moola posted:

she was awful why would anyone buy this?

woah

jyn was good and cool back off man back off

Karatela
Sep 11, 2001

Clickzorz!!!

Grimey Drawer

Geisladisk posted:

Wasn't the only person to see him in the bacta his elderly doorman/butler type guy? Presumably they've got a special relationship. Like Archer and Woodhouse.

I would watch the gently caress out of that movie.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Dec 22, 2016

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
I start to think Moola has all the bad opinions. Like I wouldn't be surprised to learn he has a few dozen grand worth of Sigmarine all lovingly primed with that gold spray at this rate.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

mcjomar posted:

Lucy Skywalker.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Iceclaw posted:

I start to think Moola has all the bad opinions. Like I wouldn't be surprised to learn he has a few dozen grand worth of Sigmarine all lovingly primed with that gold spray at this rate.

All three of my nephews are getting into GW. My youngest one is five and was showing off the sigmarine he painted :( I feel i've failed them by not dissuading them and my siblings

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Please direct all rogue one chat and spoilers to here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3802354&perpage=40

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

mcjomar posted:

She's a embedded journalist, that's actually a piece of camera hardware.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Vitamin P posted:

woah

jyn was good and cool back off man back off

what exact was good and or cool about her?

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
Total cool and good things about Rogue One:

* Donnie Yen and his husband
* Alan Tudroid
* The costume design on the people that weren't Space ISIS

Do Not Give Money to Star Wars.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
you forgot Mads, Mads is always good

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

Me and the boys poppin' down to the shops

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
The opening scroll to A New Hope spoils the whole drat thing. They fight a battle and get the Death Star plans.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

grassy gnoll posted:

Total cool and good things about Rogue One:

* Donnie Yen and his husband
* Alan Tudroid
* The costume design on the people that weren't Space ISIS

Do Not Give Money to Star Wars.

Also K2SO's design.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Atlas Hugged posted:

The opening scroll to A New Hope spoils the whole drat thing. They fight a battle and get the Death Star plans.

mods?!

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
At the end of the movie, they blow up the Death Star and everyone but Chewie gets medals.

Doresh
Jan 7, 2015

mcjomar posted:

I'm confused. I always believed jedi waifus were magical girls.

kingcom posted:

Looks better than tarkin imo. Also when I heard he was CGI i thought they would just use him in like a holograph so it hides the uncanny valley part in the blue fuzzy stuff but then hes just standing there lol.

This sounds really silly. I like Cushing like the next guy, but he only played Tarkin in a few scenes in one movie. I think the audience will survive a new actor that kinda looks like him.

Moola posted:

I saw Rogue 1 and while I enjoyed it, I don't understand the hype around it

definitely not better than Empire like some people are saying

Only Sith reviewers rate in superlatives.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
Vader corridor scene was rad and I want an entire short horror film of Vader killing some teenagers at a camp in the woods

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
[spoiler]the bit where the death star transformed into a giant maid was a pretty cool call-back[spoiler]

Doresh
Jan 7, 2015

Moola posted:

[spoiler]the bit where the death star transformed into a giant maid was a pretty cool call-back[spoiler]

[spoiler]It almost sucking up all the sand on Tatooine really kept me on the edge of my seat.[spoiler]

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

They've gone to plaid!

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Vader should have only been in that final scene. He wasn't needed earlier, it was better when Tarkin was relaying his displeasure to the director.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

See these last few posts are supposed to be in the BYOB spoiler thread.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Moola posted:

Vader corridor scene was rad and I want an entire short horror film of Vader killing some teenagers at a camp in the woods

I agree. I really liked that bit of getting to see Vader being pants-shittingly terrifying to normal dudes as a reminder of why everyone feared him so much.

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

Me and the boys poppin' down to the shops
Spoiling stuff people do care about is infinitely more obnoxious than posting about stuff nobody cares about and you all really need to stop.

Avenging Dentist
Oct 1, 2005

oh my god is that a circular saw that does not go in my mouth aaaaagh
Never not post spoilers.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Doresh
Jan 7, 2015

Now that is just impractical. What possible purpose could the cape serve :colbert: ?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Doresh posted:

Now that is just impractical. What possible purpose could the cape serve :colbert: ?

Some late UC Mobile Suits were equipped with anti-beam coating cloaks. They were cheap, disposable, and fell apart after a few shots, but they were a lot lighter than traditional armor.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

That's a sweet gundam Tusken raider. Does it have a sniping gun? Does a gundam Jawa exist with a giant ion blaster to capture giant gundam droids and carry them away to their space sombreros?

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Doresh posted:

it's a cloaking device

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded

Moola posted:

what exact was good and or cool about her?

her inspiring speech to the rebel leaders, relationship with K2 and Constant Thematic Climbing. and i liked that she was more of a brawler than most star wars heroes esp the ladies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

God loving dammit you assholes!!!

A man goes out of his way to not see trailers (because they're always spoilery) but can't see the movie yet because he's sick at home and his cat is dying and you assholes come into here and just spew spoilers everywhere.

So gently caress it. I'm closing this thread until I get to see star wars. That's probably going to be like two weeks the way things are going, becuase I'm sick and it's christmas and so on. You can all think about what you've done in the meantime.

• Locked thread