Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The XKCD Larper
Mar 1, 2009

by Lowtax
- Should be USB , very cheap
- "Plug and Play", "Drag and drop" is the kind of player I want.
- "Just Press Play", is the way I want it to work
- At least 256mb storage internally
- Flac support WOULD be nice but just MP3 is OK
- Head phone jack

Reccys, or?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002MAPS6W/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004

What the gently caress happened to the prices on these things? I bought one back in 2014 for $20 like new. Now they're going for $50+??

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Lblitzer posted:

What the gently caress happened to the prices on these things? I bought one back in 2014 for $20 like new. Now they're going for $50+??

Discontinued and still popular/built like rocks.

The XKCD Larper
Mar 1, 2009

by Lowtax
Is it possible with the Clip+ to jam on buttons without looking at it til it starts playing all the tracks on its memory?

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy

OWLS! posted:

Discontinued and still popular/built like rocks.

I still can't believe that their newer ones are actually worse than the clip+ or the clip zip.

Though I had 2 clip zips die on me... Well the buttons stopped working.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sibilant Crisp
Jul 4, 2014

The XKCD Larper posted:

Is it possible with the Clip+ to jam on buttons without looking at it til it starts playing all the tracks on its memory?

So like, basically it just shows you the folders you've jammed into the micro memory card, I'm not sure if you can do that unless you dump all the songs into one big folder and turn on shuffle.

I'm seconding the Clip+ tho, I have two and both still work. I bought a second one because one day I thought the first one was broken, until the next day when I went to show someone how broke it was and it turned on. :shrug:

I wasn't even mad when I thought it had broke though, I've had this thing for four years.

• Locked thread