Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
Hey, I just got a couple of sticks of memory after my old ones went bad (from one 8gb stick -> two 8gb). All I did was put them in, then go to the BIOS and set the mem frequency to 2400 to match the new sticks. Now in Windows10 all my audio is broken: none of the audio bars ever show audio is playing, and "test"ing the audio devices just says "failed to play test sound." This happens with both my speakers and headphones, which worked fine 15 minutes prior.

Attempted fixes: Reinstalled audio drivers, unplugged, replugged. Changed memory paging to auto (thanks google :downs:). Tried different quality settings on the audio devices.

Didn't change anything else.

EVGA z87 mobo with Realtek Audio and Corsair headset. New memory is 16gb Corsair Vengeance Pro ddr3 2400mhz.

Pontificating Ass fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Aug 25, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
Welp I reinstalled Windows

• Locked thread