Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Hi!

I love fluffy pets. Pets that have big fur, big tails, hair between their little toe beans and way too much fluff in their ears, they are all the best in my eyes. Please share pictures of your amazing fluffy pets.

Here are a couple of mine, to get us started. The creamy cat is a boy named Bear, and the one looks like a squirrel is named Spice. They love each other and are very embarrassing together.

bonus: doughnut shot

Please show me your fluffy animals and how cute they are. tia

edit: oops i made this thread title discriminatory. can we change it to "fluffy pets thread" instead of just cats. sorry for my pet racism :(

A Spider Covets fucked around with this message at 10:31 on Aug 25, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tamarillo
Aug 6, 2009
Okay, I'll bite.

Hugo turned from this

into this

and then Sterling turned from this

into this thing

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Hi this is my fluffbutt:

and my other fluffbutt:

And this is what they were like when I first got them:

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
This was mine before he passed away a few years ago.

farfegnougat
Oct 31, 2004

This was Sammy. (Who also passed away a few years ago.)

She wasn't just fluffy. She was also the softest soft who ever softed, not to mention a gentle, floppy cuddlemonster. Best cat ever.

Tamarillo posted:

Okay, I'll bite.

Hugo turned from this

into this

Is Hugo a ragdoll? He's gorgeous. I'd love one, but I haven't quite talked myself into getting a purebred and have no idea how to tell a good breeder from a bad one.

pastor of muppets
Aug 21, 2007

We were somewhere around the Living Hive, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

This glorious bitch is Layla, my nine-year-old Himalayan.

She is a classy lady.

She's also the dumbest animal I've met in my entire life.

pastor of muppets fucked around with this message at 14:49 on Aug 27, 2016

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Please pet every one of your pets for me and tell them they are cool

for those of you who lost your pets though, hugs, they were adorable and I'm sure lived very happy lives!

A Spider Covets fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Aug 28, 2016

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Festival with your real* little sister!
It was my old cat's birthday today so I figure it's as good an excuse as any to post some old pics. (He lived a long happy life with us, and was well loved. If he was still around today he'd be 24.) I'll always remember you Kitty. My family was awful with names.

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

Here's my little floofus. Floofy doofus. Thomas.

It is possible to pet him wrong, he will then correct you and move your hand where he wants you to pet.

Sometimes it's so he can headbutt your hand or otherwise return affection.

Haven't been in PI in a while, so here's a chair thief bonus.

farfegnougat
Oct 31, 2004

Either you (or whoever that is) are a very tiny person, or that was a very enormous cat.

Crab Ran
Mar 6, 2006

Don't try me.
This is Doogie. He's not at full fluff yet after his last shavedown.

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Festival with your real* little sister!

farfegnougat posted:

Either you (or whoever that is) are a very tiny person, or that was a very enormous cat.

Little of column A, Little of column B. I think I was 12 when that picture was taken, and I was probably somewhere around 110-115 pounds. Kitty was a lot of floof, but he was around 18 pounds most of the time.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

That is a panther.

You have adopted a panther.

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext

This is Gothic Lolita (named from my weaboo days), a 12yo purebred ragdoll. She loves nothing but me, and her love mostly involves biting and slapping me when I fall asleep and shoving everything off my desk when I work. But she is soft and cloud-like.

These two are my mother's cats. This big guy is Henry, a 8yo cat so lazy that you can pick him up from where he's sleeping and put him down in another location, at which point he will immediately go back to sleep without moving. He's together with Sophie, his cat - a moggy cat we adopted from the pound because the minute he was left alone he'd cry constantly. She's normal sized in comparison to his bigness. The best thing about Henry is that he's fluffy and adores belly rubs.

pastor of muppets
Aug 21, 2007

We were somewhere around the Living Hive, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

Layla likes to help me work by holding down my page-up key, "petting" my hand while I'm typing, and occasionally mleh-ing to remind me that she's there. Sometimes she opens her mouth but no sound comes out so it's more like smacking her lips at me.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

pastor of muppets posted:

Layla likes to help me work by holding down my page-up key, "petting" my hand while I'm typing, and occasionally mleh-ing to remind me that she's there. Sometimes she opens her mouth but no sound comes out so it's more like smacking her lips at me.

You make me miss my cat I posted earlier in the thread. :( He hated sitting in laps, but he loved to be your armrest or headrest as appropriate for the chair you were in.

pastor of muppets
Aug 21, 2007

Cythereal posted:

You make me miss my cat I posted earlier in the thread. :( He hated sitting in laps, but he loved to be your armrest or headrest as appropriate for the chair you were in.

:glomp: I'm sorry. I lost one over seven years ago and I still think about him every day. He was chronically ill because he came from a lovely BYB so I feel lucky that I got to spend 12 years with him.

Here he is with Layla when she was a kitten (he wasn't very impressed with her.)

But he loved people, all people. When I brought him to college with me, he would hang out with my room mate and her friends while I was at work or class. I'd see pictures of him pop up on Facebook of him just chilling on the couch with them, sometimes wearing hats or something ridiculous (:420: was almost certainly involved) and making this face

god, even now looking at these pictures, I can hear his purring in my head :(

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
Let's all post pictures of our fluffy cats that are dead.

This is Etta James. She's dead.

Tamarillo
Aug 6, 2009

farfegnougat posted:

Is Hugo a ragdoll? He's gorgeous. I'd love one, but I haven't quite talked myself into getting a purebred and have no idea how to tell a good breeder from a bad one.

Thank you! We think he is pretty neat.

He is indeed a ragdoll. If you do eventually decide to get one, things I personally looked for in a breeder was someone registered and running a smaller scale operation with only a few breeding cats and who raised the kittens inside their own house around their family, ideally with a dog present. Hugo was raised on a rural block with two dogs, horses, birds, chickens, you name it - and with two little girls who handled the kittens as well as the adults. As a result this cat is bombproof, and he gives no shits about any other animal we bring into the house.

E: health checking of all breeding cats and resulting kittens also goes withough saying.

Tamarillo fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Aug 31, 2016

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.
Please delete this thread before my girlfriend sees it.

kaworu
Jul 23, 2004

Tamarillo posted:

Thank you! We think he is pretty neat.

He is indeed a ragdoll. If you do eventually decide to get one, things I personally looked for in a breeder was someone registered and running a smaller scale operation with only a few breeding cats and who raised the kittens inside their own house around their family, ideally with a dog present. Hugo was raised on a rural block with two dogs, horses, birds, chickens, you name it - and with two little girls who handled the kittens as well as the adults. As a result this cat is bombproof, and he gives no shits about any other animal we bring into the house.

E: health checking of all breeding cats and resulting kittens also goes withough saying.

Without sounding creepy I've had a semi-crush on your cat since you first made a thread about adopting him and I've always wished he was my cat :( I always liked Ragdolls because they are a giant cat breed like Maine Coons.

I grew up with a big and incredibly floofy 20-pound Maine Coon named Stripe (named after the rear end in a top hat Gremlin by my parents and appropriately so). I wish I could find this picture of him and the other gigantic Maine Coon we had back then to post.

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

Here have some floof and whiskers. Rainy season here means more humidity means he's floofier.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Have a big mountain fluff cat

Lynza
Jun 1, 2000

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea."
- Robert A. Heinlein
This is Fizzgig. He's also my avatar:

Unlike our other cat, he is not a trap. He really wants you to just bury your fingers in his floof and go to town on his belly.

Shadowhand00
Jan 23, 2006

Golden Bear is ever watching; day by day he prowls, and when he hears the tread of lowly Stanfurd red,from his Lair he fiercely growls.
Toilet Rascal
Tigger in the morning:

Tigger at night:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Lmao that is one happy cat

Crab Ran
Mar 6, 2006

Don't try me.
Is Sushi fluffy enough?

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.
Our gato, named Gato.

He's a lazy fluffball ragdoll who demands attention and pets. He also doesn't like being held.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

100% yes. :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Come on Fluffy cat owners, the Orange cats threat is kicking our asses.

Max caught her tail and then fell asleep with it like this today. No, that's not a filter, she's just brown.

• Locked thread