Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
in defense of stray dogs: i would bet half of them or more are victims of circumstance who did nothing wrong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

extra stout posted:

in defense of stray dogs: i would bet half of them or more are victims of circumstance who did nothing wrong

ah the old "hitler defense"

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

Roargasm posted:

tbh it's dog whistle racism itt

Dog whistles aren't a race, idiot!

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Iron Prince posted:

perhaps youve heard of brain seltzer orchestra then ? :smug:

Can't say i have

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
FYI, OP is gonna get murdered by a pack of stray dogs now. Nothing can be done for him, he's totally hosed, but the rest of you are being put on notice to watch your back for a pack of them.

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

Roargasm posted:

they're entirely pit bull mixes that get put down in animal shelters

5 years ago it was chihuahuas, 5 years from now it'll be another breed

the cycle of dumb people buying dogs they end up neglecting after 3 months keeps turning

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

Turdfuzz posted:

stay safe gay dog

Does it work if I quote it? I'm terribly worried.

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord

dad gay. so what posted:

good luck with that you loving oval office

glad to have you back, friend :buddy:

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
psyopmankey ate all stray dogs to expand her palate's consciousness

this is also why there are no more guinzo pigs 😫

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist
Maybe Modest Mouse has the answer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxTCx-yGM8g

A wild pack of family dogs came runnin' through the yard one day
My father got his gun, shot it up, they ran away ok
A wild pack of family dogs came runnin' through the yard
And as my own dog ran away with them, I didn't say much of anything at all
A wild pack of family dogs came runnin' through the yard
As my little sister played, the dogs took her away
And I guess she was eaten up ok, yeah she was eaten up ok
My mother's cryin' blood dust now
My dad he quit his job today, well I guess he was fired but that's ok
And I'm sittin' outside my mud lake, waiting for the pack to take me away
And right after I die the dogs start floating up towards the glowing sky
Now they'll receive their rewards, now they will receive their rewards.

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot
They are literally everywhere except in the west where we have the civilized practice of rounding them up and euthanizing them.

A Strange Aeon posted:

Maybe Modest Mouse has the answer

Incredible album. Modest Mouse always has the answer.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

GRILLARY CLINTON posted:

everyone post 'stay safe stray dog' or you will be killed be a stray dog.

Stay safe ghost dog

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.

Blazing Ownager posted:

Stay safe ghost dog

ummm how did you get my dick pic??

Toys For Twats
Sep 30, 2007
One awesome dude

Goddamn that's a cool dog

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

cabbagedude posted:

I've seen cooler

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

cabbagedude posted:

and just think, psyopfucky would carve it up like a Christmas goose and chow down on its haunches til it's cool doggo blood dripped down her bolt-on jubblies >:^( eating dogs and pupps is NOT ok

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot
Stray dogs are way cooler than dogs kept as pets, similar to inside cats v. outside cats.

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

a dog from hell posted:

Stray dogs are way cooler than dogs kept as pets, similar to inside cats v. outside cats.

wait are you sayin inside cats:stray dogs::outside cats:dogs kept as pets?

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

dad gay. so what posted:

good luck with that you loving oval office

Welcome back coach

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot

Gatekeeper posted:

wait are you sayin inside cats:stray dogs::outside cats:dogs kept as pets?

Man I didn't go to college. gently caress off.

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."

handshake posted:

I don't see them anymore what happened?

they moved to sochi after olympics

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf
All the Indian girls in my apartment complex are terrified of my dogs, so I finally asked one of them what was up and they said there's a bad stray dog problem in India. I laughed and was like 'lol how bad can it be?' and her response was 'there's a graveyard in my town just for people who have been killed by wild dogs'. :eyepop:

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Kids today have never seen a white dog poo poo in a park because people don't feed their dogs bones and let them run wild in the neighborhood any more.

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

Naerasa posted:

All the Indian girls in my apartment complex are terrified of my dogs, so I finally asked one of them what was up and they said there's a bad stray dog problem in India. I laughed and was like 'lol how bad can it be?' and her response was 'there's a graveyard in my town just for people who have been killed by wild dogs'. :eyepop:

afaik they also have graveyards just for ppl who touched the river water and died of toxic poo poo toxins as well as honor rape cemeteries

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

Sheep-Goats posted:

Kids today have never seen a white dog poo poo in a park because people don't feed their dogs bones and let them run wild in the neighborhood any more.

:gowron:

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Naerasa posted:

When I lived in Thailand I was twice menaced by a pack of strays, once near my house and once on an island on the small path to my remote bungalow. The ones near my house had taken control of a vacant lot that I was trying to walk through when I was just looking around and I had to back slowly out of there while five or six of them dogwalked toward me slowly with their heads down and growling -- if it had been in the US I would have borrowed my brother's 22 and gone back for them because they're a legit menace. On the island it was three dogs and I didn't want to change bungalows on account of some dogs and ended up throwing a big piece of concrete at one of them caveman style and a branch at another one (hit them both miraculously) and they ran off. When I went through their little area in the future they would peer at me from behind the crumbled wall and the trees angrily, but they're dogs and I'm a person so they just get to deal with it.

You don't see cats out and about there because the packs of stray dogs will hunt and eat them. Usually the dogs are harmless but often mangey, carrying open wounds, and/or sitting in people's water plant pots because they are hot.

raton fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Aug 27, 2016

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot

Sheep-Goats posted:

When I lived in Thailand I was twice menaced by a pack of strays, once near my house and once on an island on the small path to my remote bungalow. The ones near my house had taken control of a vacant lot that I was trying to walk through when I was just looking around and I had to back slowly out of there while five or six of them dogwalked toward me slowly with their heads down and growling -- if it had been in the US I would have borrowed my brother's 22 and gone back for them because they're a legit menace. On the island it was three dogs and I didn't want to change bungalows on account of some dogs and ended up throwing a big piece of concrete at one of them caveman style and a branch at another one (hit them both miraculously) and they ran off. When I went through their little area in the future they would peer at me from behind the crumbled wall and the trees angrily, but they're dogs and I'm a person so they just get to deal with it.

You don't see cats out and about there because the packs of stray dogs will hunt and eat them. Usually the dogs are harmless but often mangey, carrying open wounds, and/or sitting in people's water plant pots because they are hot.

gently caress that. Some one should do something.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

First the dogs, next the homeless

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

a dog from hell posted:

gently caress that. Some one should do something.

They have dog catchers supposedly but Thai people are not very responsible and will get a dog because they think it is cute then when it's not a puppy any more just drive it to another neighborhood and abandon it. It's also considered bad to waste rice so a lot of people will put the rice they don't eat out on the sidewalk for strays, plus a lot of trash just gets put on the sidewalk where the valiant and tireless garbagemen will actually sweep it up and collect it as though that's normal. Anyway the supply end of the population is out of control.

In the rich neighborhoods you don't see strays, but Bangkok has a lot of poor neighborhoods right next to rich ones so it's usually only a few streets one way or another and there's some chubby manged out stray sleeping on the sidewalk in front of a 7-11.

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
I saw an episode of monster quest about packs of stray dogs in Detroit.

It remains the only episode of monster quest where they actually found the monster (a 16 pound mixed chow/marlamute)

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Sheep-Goats posted:

They have dog catchers supposedly but Thai people are not very responsible and will get a dog because they think it is cute then when it's not a puppy any more just drive it to another neighborhood and abandon it. It's also considered bad to waste rice so a lot of people will put the rice they don't eat out on the sidewalk for strays, plus a lot of trash just gets put on the sidewalk where the valiant and tireless garbagemen will actually sweep it up and collect it as though that's normal. Anyway the supply end of the population is out of control.

In the rich neighborhoods you don't see strays, but Bangkok has a lot of poor neighborhoods right next to rich ones so it's usually only a few streets one way or another and there's some chubby manged out stray sleeping on the sidewalk in front of a 7-11.

Ran into a lot of stray dogs in Phuket, though they were always pretty chill and didn't try anything funny. Of course it's still a problem, but they did have a pretty nice dog rescue foundation that I wanted to got check out but couldn't manage because of lovely transportation: https://www.soidog.org/

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

JiveHonky posted:

I saw an episode of monster quest about packs of stray dogs in Detroit.

It remains the only episode of monster quest where they actually found the monster (a 16 pound mixed chow/marlamute)

I tried to find this on Youtube and instead heard a man in a deadpan voice say "Wolf like creatures now live in the realm of psychology, and Wisconsin." and started laughing and had to turn it off.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

mobby_6kl posted:

Ran into a lot of stray dogs in Phuket, though they were always pretty chill and didn't try anything funny. Of course it's still a problem, but they did have a pretty nice dog rescue foundation that I wanted to got check out but couldn't manage because of lovely transportation: https://www.soidog.org/

On their own the strays are harmless if still usually gross. I only got guff from dogs twice in the two years I lived there, but still, you can't have a pack of dogs that menace people when walking through a major metropolitan city.

HAM ON THE BONE
Aug 22, 2009

Pillbug
Go to Hialeah (suburb of Miami) and there are packs of wild chihuahuas running through the streets. It's surreal.

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
i've heard tell of wild packs of rabid chihuahuas basically acting as swarms of land piranhas

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

The price is right made sure they wouldnt be a problem

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

C is for the cantankerous condition of our character, you have no cut-out.
Grimey Drawer
I grew up on a rez in northern MN and there were (and are) packs of strays running around. It was unnerving as a kid though I never heard of any fatalities.

You'd be playing in the empty lot and suddenly there were a half-dozen hungry looking dogs at the edge of the field. You'd quit what you were doing and carefully walked over to your bikes and they'd just... follow. Not closing distance but not losing any either.

Last time I saw the packs of strays there was definitely a percentage of them as wild-born Rotts and Pit bulls. Those weren't really in the stray population when I was young. Seems way more dangerous to me.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccgkxP-4tVE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

naem
May 29, 2011

• Locked thread