Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Psycho Donut Killer
Nov 29, 2000

It's All about the Poontang, Baby!
I am in charge of security cameras (among other things) and a couple of kids broke in and stole a whole cart of MacBooks. I need help identifying the make and model of this car. Any help would be appreciated.

I tried to get the computer to enhance it like Deckard in Blade Runner using voice commands but it didn't work.

Psycho Donut Killer fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Aug 27, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I think it's an F30 BMW 3 series. Not many cars have a high reflector like that outside of the headlight housing.

Hunter2 Thompson
Feb 3, 2005

Ramrod XTreme
It has an orange side marker ahead of the front wheel but separate from the headlight assembly that I didn't see in any photos of F30s. I've been GISing random cars but haven't found anything that quite matches. Those headlights are kind of distinctive, but I can't place it yet.

Edit: I take that back, it seems the USA models of the F30 have that marker.

Hunter2 Thompson fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Aug 27, 2016

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002
Chrysler 200?

Wheel arch reflectors. Fogs look like they are in the right spot. Rims look similar.

rear end end looks ok.

Edit: 3 series hood looks too long to me.

Laranzu fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Aug 27, 2016

RIP Paul Walker
Feb 26, 2004

Chrysler 200 is also more of a "steal a pile of MacBooks" car than an f30

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

RIP Paul Walker posted:

Chrysler 200 is also more of a "steal a pile of MacBooks" car than an f30

I didn't want to seem like I was profiling....but yes.

Definitive proof will be if they used a blinker or not when exiting the lot.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
Yeah I thought Chrysler 200 too, but the tail lights seem awfully big in proportion to the license plate on the camera shot?

Wheels sure look the same though.

Psycho Donut Killer
Nov 29, 2000

They didn't use the turn signals at all. They did drive up a curb and do some donuts on the grass and then do a burn out across the sidewalk and back down into the parking lot but we can't really tell if it was front wheel drive or rear wheel drive because it only records at 1 fps. I guess the police can get a track width by measuring if the marks. Students have to register their cars to get parking permits. We want to see if it matches up to a student car. But they could've just as easily used mom or dad's car.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
Note the instrument cluster glow too, the 200's is blue, while the F30 cluster glows red.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Psycho Donut Killer posted:

They didn't use the turn signals at all. They did drive up a curb and do some donuts on the grass and then do a burn out across the sidewalk and back down into the parking lot but we can't really tell if it was front wheel drive or rear wheel drive because it only records at 1 fps. I guess the police can get a track width by measuring if the marks. Students have to register their cars to get parking permits. We want to see if it matches up to a student car. But they could've just as easily used mom or dad's car.

or, if it is a 200, a rental, because nobody actually bought a chrysler 200.

I would think FWD donuts on grass would look quite a bit different than RWD donuts.

Either could be stolen WITH a macbook these days anyways.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Psycho Donut Killer posted:

Sounds like a stolen joyrider as well.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

Powershift posted:

or, if it is a 200, a rental, because nobody actually bought a chrysler 200.

I would think FWD donuts on grass would look quite a bit different than RWD donuts.

Either could be stolen WITH a macbook these days anyways.

They make the 200 in AWD too, which weirded me out when I saw one at a stoplight the other day.

Psycho Donut Killer
Nov 29, 2000

Looking at the footage we see tire marks from the front tires as soon as the tires on the sidewalk, so it is FWD. We are definitely leaning towards 2nd generation Chrysler 200.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
I'd recommend getting better cameras while you're at it. God drat those are blurry.

Also, one of my neighbors bought a chrysler 200. They also bought a used $6k Ford F350 w/ 6.0L turbodiesel, none of the bulletproofing done, with all the sadness and wallet pain that that entails.

I've helped the poor bastard out with the Ford but I aint touching the chrysler.

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

Infiniti Q70?

e: FWD, nvm. Also the headlights and tailights look the same, but the turn signals are in the wrong place.

Gorson fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Aug 31, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
I would agree with 200, especially in the pic where you can see the side profile...it looks American too and those aren't BMW headlights, also has that Neon/Dart shape to it - both of which crossed my mind as possibilities since I forgot about the existence of the current 200 (which is out of production after MY17 if I recall).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHepKd38pr0

Mariana Horchata fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Aug 31, 2016

• Locked thread