Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ddegenha
Jan 28, 2009

What is this?!
:thx:Update 204:thx:

We've got a few more things to check out here in the model vault, and after that it's off to the theater. Looks like they were having a B monster movie marathon coming up for Halloween, complete with hilarious titles, and have a Sentrybot bartender for some reason. Pre-bomb America was a weird place. After that we've got all the Star Cores needed to get this place up to minimum functionality, but we're obviously not stopping there. Next up: the final Galactic World area.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ddegenha
Jan 28, 2009

What is this?!
:thx:Update 205:thx:

Today we're finishing up the Galactic Zone by visiting the ROBCO Battle Arena, which used to be an exhibition and is now a real battle arena since all the safeties are off. Weirdly enough, that also flipped their programming switches from "pretend to fight each other" to "kill all humans." All of the old favorites are here, so we've got our work cut out for us surviving at close quarters in an open space. But when we're done we're done, and next week we can explore more of the park.

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009
So what's Gage's game here?
He's responsible for the last 2 overbosses but doesn't want power himself. He's hardly Littlefinger since he's going off on errands with you.

ddegenha
Jan 28, 2009

What is this?!
:thx:Update 206:thx:

This week we're starting off by going to visit the Hubologists, who are a bunch of space hippies based on Scientologists. We get to meet and kill some more of the weird wildlife running around Nuka World, and when we get there the Hubologists want space suits. Good thing we grabbed precisely the number we needed back at Galactic World. After that they want us to help them fight through a junkyard to get a space ship, and even offer to help. Sweet of them to offer, but I think I'm better off on that own.

In other news, you maniacs decided we should team up with the murder psychos so we now have to decide which of the other two gangs we should screw over. No matter what one of the gangs is getting the shaft, and we might just end this with a blood bath of colossal proportions. We'll see. In the meantime, vote here.

ultrabindu posted:

So what's Gage's game here?
He's responsible for the last 2 overbosses but doesn't want power himself. He's hardly Littlefinger since he's going off on errands with you.

I think he might actually address this a little bit, but it's basically survival and to a degree I think also loneliness. He really doesn't know any other way to live, so he's looking for a friend who can actually survive and realizes that being in charge means that he's more likely to end up dead.

ddegenha
Jan 28, 2009

What is this?!
:thx:Update 207:thx:

The Hubologists have one more task for us today, and it involves walking back to the entrance of the junkyard to find some parts for their spaceship. Once we've got it operational we start it up for a test run and... there might have been an accident. So leaving the mess behind we head out to visit the zoo, and immediately make a new friend when we help him fight an offbrand Deathclaw. Cito and his ape family need our help, and we need to clear the park of Gatorclaws if we're actually going to get any use of it.

Voting continues here on which gang we're going to be giving the least respect to, which will in turn drive the ending of this section.

ddegenha
Jan 28, 2009

What is this?!
:thx:Update 208:thx:

Our gatorclaw hunt continues, and as we start to unravel the mystery there's a couple of pre-war scientists at the heart of it along with a secret military project. It's all a bunch of bad ideas by questionable people and then PETA got involved. We need to find the corpse of one of these scientists to go on, so it's off to the Anaconda we go.

ddegenha fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Jul 3, 2017

ddegenha
Jan 28, 2009

What is this?!
Stream is about to go live here and now.

ddegenha
Jan 28, 2009

What is this?!
:thx:Update 209:thx:

So, generally speaking, your cloning machine should never have an "auto" setting. We've tracked down the source of the gatorclaws, and now the park is safe. We've got a few stragglers to take care of, but now we can hand this place to a gang. And who better to send to a zoo than the Pack?

Speaking of gangs, the poll for who our enemy should be is still open here. We're kind of tied, so we need to have a winner to close things out.

ddegenha
Jan 28, 2009

What is this?!
:thx:Update 210:thx:

Today we're fighting technical difficulties and Mirelurks, but mostly Mirelurks. Excuse me, I meant to say Nukalurks. Exposure to high levels of Nuka Quantum has given them a healthy blue glow and changed their already mutated DNA into something even more mutated. Probably a pretty bad sign for us, considering how much Nuka Quantum we've drank.

So by a commanding margin you all have decided that the Operators are the ones who are going to end up as our main enemies. Probably a good thing that we're likely to burn the entire place to the ground shortly afterward, but we'll be handing some things off to the Pack next update and possibly finishing up the entire Nuka World. Kind of crazy to think that we're that close to the end.

ddegenha
Jan 28, 2009

What is this?!
:thx:Update 211:thx:

Today we're finishing off the Nuka Cola bottling plant, and handing it over to the Disciples so that they can have some fun with the place. Of course we don't leave that sweet set of Nuka Cola power armor for them... that's coming with us. With that it's time to restock, and we might as well grab a couple of things lying around the market that we're going to need for later.

ddegenha
Jan 28, 2009

What is this?!
:thx:Update 212:thx:

Gage is constantly complaining about our constant drinking, so it's time to go ahead and ditch him. A lot of our companions won't care for our gangster ways right now, but McCready's alright and we still haven't got his friendship perk. Once he's with us, we take a break from our territorial ambitions in the park to explore a haunted house, because it's there to be explored. Of course, it's probably haunted in more ways than one...

ddegenha fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Jul 3, 2017

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.
I am catching up and am at ep 204; dreads can be cleaned easily, there is special shampoo for them that cleans them thoroughly.

Edit; Why did you not turn off the defensive mode? You were able to!

ep211;You gave him that sword.

Thesaya fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Jun 1, 2017

ddegenha
Jan 28, 2009

What is this?!
:thx:Update 213:thx:

Now that we've confirmed the haunting of that house it's time to make tracks for the final segment of the park. Dry Rock Gulch is a full on western, complete with cowboy robots, a bumbling sheriff, six guns, and giant bloodworms. One of those things is not like the other, but at least there's a saloon. We're going to have to explore Mad Mulligan's mine to clear this place out, and we aren't the first people to attempt it.

Thesaya posted:

I am catching up and am at ep 204; dreads can be cleaned easily, there is special shampoo for them that cleans them thoroughly.

Edit; Why did you not turn off the defensive mode? You were able to!

ep211;You gave him that sword.

Kind of figured that turning off the defensive mode right away might have been kind of boring since we'd just be looting. And you know, I'd completely forgotten about giving him that sword. In retrospect, I'm actually glad that he liked it.

ddegenha
Jan 28, 2009

What is this?!
We have begun the stream now

ddegenha
Jan 28, 2009

What is this?!
:thx:Update 214:thx:

Today we're closing down Mad Mulligan's Minecart ride, even if we have to stomp over a mountain of bloodworms to do it. We were waiting on a tiebreaker for who was going to get the location, so to kill time we also solved the Cappy Clues puzzle and went to open that place up. If you were honestly expecting what we found in there, that's kind of worrying. Of course the quest is bugged, but we do have a workaround.

Speaking of, last night's stream ended up being the final stream of the main game. Still planning one more stream next week, to show off survival mode as we discussed way back at the beginning of this.

ddegenha
Jan 28, 2009

What is this?!
:thx:Update 215:thx:

Today we're cleaning up some loose ends, starting with the frozen head. There's a simple solution even if the quest is bugged, which suggests that Bethesda has started to put in failsafes with the expectation that occasionally their quests will just bug out. It works, even if not everyone is happy with the results. After that we've got one more ride medallion to get and then we collect our prize. NIRA, I'm looking forward to paying you back for this soon.

ddegenha
Jan 28, 2009

What is this?!
:thx:Update 216:thx:

Now that our stranglehold on the park is complete it's time to expand out into the Commonwealth, which basically means taking away land from our existing settlements and handing it over to the raiders. Not our proudest moment, and something that probably could have implemented better but we've got to get through it in order to close out this final section so off we go.

ddegenha
Jan 28, 2009

What is this?!
:thx:Update 217:thx:

Today we're finally finished with raiding in the Commonwealth, and just as you'd expect somebody is pissed off. The Operators feel like we've been favoring the other gangs, which we have, and now they've seized the power plant and are rebelling against their rightful Overboss. I guess it's their funeral, since there's no way we can let this stand.

ddegenha
Jan 28, 2009

What is this?!
The very last stream of the thread is going live here in a few minutes!

ddegenha
Jan 28, 2009

What is this?!
:thx:Update 218:thx:

It's our penultimate regular update (last night's stream is counting as bonus material) and we've got two things to do: Kill the Black siblings and go pick up our sweet set of custom blue power armor. Mags and William put up a bit more fight than expected, but in the end we've put them down like the rebellious dogs they are. The power armor also takes a bit more work than expected, but in the end we're ready. Tomorrow we end the Nuka World DLC in the most final way possible.

ddegenha
Jan 28, 2009

What is this?!
:thx:Update 219:thx:

Now that we're properly armed and armored it's time to put an end to Nuka World... with fire and blood. We're declaring open season and going after all of the raider gangs, and we're not going to stop until this place is free. Once that's done, it's time to head back to Sanctuary Hills and end the main thread of this LP in the most Archer way possible.

Of course, there's still some survival mode bonus episodes that'll come out next week, so we're not quite done yet!

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.
WHY DID YOU NOT SLEEP WITH MCCREADY?! Is he not good enough for you?
I am very disappointed in you Dave.
I mean, you could have gone with Cate after for the Archer final. :colbert:

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009
"We have to go hunt down the Blacks"

Really Dave?

Thesaya posted:

yeah you really aint doing to great.
You're 0 for 2 Dave. 0 for 2.

ddegenha
Jan 28, 2009

What is this?!
:thx:Bonus Update 1:thx:

Today we're back in action with Kat and we're trying survival mode, which is a special challenge mode that makes a number of changes to the core gameplay. We talk about most of these, but some of the major highlights are:

1. You get hungry, thirsty, and tired which leads to stat penalties or loss of AP if you don't rest.
2. Combat is significantly more dangerous, with both you and enemies doing more damage.
3. No fast traveling (with one exception).
4. You can only save when you sleep, and you can only sleep a certain number of hours depending on the type of mattress.
5. You can get infections and disease, and there are items to cure that. But...
6. Healing items have downsides, like stimpacks making you thirsty and radaway lowering your resistance to disease. Stimpacks also heal more slowly.
7. Stimpacks and ammo now have weight, and your carrying capacity is vastly reduced.
8. You no longer get icons on your navigation bar unless you've already discovered a spot.

There's probably other things I haven't mentioned, but the above list is what completely changes how you play the game.

Thesaya posted:

Perhaps we should have, but the anticipation'll be good for him. After all, he's still part of Archer's harem and they'll all live happily ever after.

ultrabindu posted:

"We have to go hunt down the Blacks"

Really Dave?

yeah you really aint doing to great.
You're 0 for 2 Dave. 0 for 2.

I'm going to put that as one half phrasing and one half a really poor choice of last names for those characters. I'm just glad that it was only a name, so it only sounded like a hate crime.

ddegenha
Jan 28, 2009

What is this?!
:thx:Bonus Update 2:thx:

Our scavenging shenanigans continue today, primarily focused on retrieving a stolen locket that you might remember from many months ago. It does not go well on the first try, but if you can say one thing about mole rats with land mines strapped to their backs, at least they do you the favor of blowing themselves up into edible chunks.

ddegenha
Jan 28, 2009

What is this?!
:thx:Bonus Update 3:thx:

Today we're making a slow trip back to Abernathy farm after cleaning out a few more tasty radroaches, as well as stopping to try and upgrade our equipment a bit. The goal for this stream is to make it to Concord, but since we're not quite ready it's time to do a bit of exploring. There's a an old barn like building nearby that looks promising, so we'll go ahead and see what we can find before moving on toward the Minutemen.

ddegenha
Jan 28, 2009

What is this?!
:thx:Bonus Update 4:thx:

We're as ready as we're going to be in one stream, so we're heading in. The key point is finding a place to catch a nap, which kind of highlights another way Survival Mode changes your gameplay: you turn into a bizarre narcoleptic who is constantly in search of a filthy sleeping bag or mattress to get some sleep. Once we've gotten to the Minute Men we know what we have to do, but first we need to see about finding a bed...

ddegenha
Jan 28, 2009

What is this?!
:thx:Bonus Update 5:thx:

And so our LP ends, not with a bang but with a whimper. There's no convenient bed or sleeping bag to curl up in and save, so we're going to have to defeat the deathclaw if we want to make it out of here. We're just a squishy meat sack in a thin metal shell, and surviving this is going to require careful use of the terrain and absolutely no mistakes. And if we fail, we'd have to go all the way back to the last time we slept. It's brutal, but this is definitely survival mode.

ThaGhettoJew
Jul 4, 2003

The world is a ghetto
Good night, sweet Archer. May the supermutants sing you to sleep and bring you dreams of free alcohol, unlimited ammo, and companions who have lost the power of speech but not that of landmine immunity. Survival's Ladyarcher can go eat a irradiated fancylad snackcake though; she's boring and sleeps too much anyway.

Thanks for the retour, Dave and Nancy and cats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ddegenha
Jan 28, 2009

What is this?!
New thread is here for anybody who wants to find it. We're actually doing the first stream this Wednesday, but I figured it'd be worth it to give people a chance to see it.

• Locked thread