Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
i like guyere OP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
Hi I was bill w. And I was an alcoholic in a past life

Beefeater
May 17, 2003

I'm hungry.
Hair Elf
A medium told me that I was a really dumbfuck rancher that drank himself to death in a past life. I've definitely picked up the dumbfuck drunk thing again, but gently caress ranching.

Nirvikalpa
Aug 20, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Moridin920 posted:

nah man

I was Alexander the Great, born of Philip of Macedon

Wasn't he gay?

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Beefeater posted:

A medium told me that I was a really dumbfuck rancher that drank himself to death in a past life. I've definitely picked up the dumbfuck drunk thing again, but gently caress ranching.

I was told that I was a fortune teller.

I'm not sure I can make much money wearing veils and rubbing balls in this life, though.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Gatekeeper posted:

Hi I was bill w. And I was an alcoholic in a past life

hi was bill

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
In my past life I was Bruce Jenner

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord
in a past life i was gene wilder

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
In one of my past lives I was beheaded for attempting to poison a well and blame it on Jews. This was in 1982 in Bunker Hill, Indiana. I was then reincarted as my own grandfather and then my soul traveled back through time after my death in 2014 to inhabit a fetus produced by my own son in 1983. Spent an innumerable measure of kalpas in the bardo, then was spit out as a fully-fermented goon, was pretty cool would recommend.

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord

Sunset posted:

In response to what sort of signs would leave me to wonder these sorts of things. There's a few, but I'm not really comfortable with discussing it.

your original post kind of begs the question

not trying to be a dick, just sayin'

inquiring goons want to know

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
I used to be a whole bunch of meats and vegetables and grains and fruits and stuff. Before that I was like dirt and air and poo.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

Ork of Fiction posted:

I used to be a whole bunch of meats and vegetables and grains and fruits and stuff. Before that I was like dirt and air and poo.

Basic 4 is probably the best cold breakfast cereal you can buy.

https://www.amazon.com/Basic-Four-Cereal-16/dp/B007F1M7FS

Sunset
Aug 15, 2005

That Robot posted:

your original post kind of begs the question

not trying to be a dick, just sayin'

inquiring goons want to know

It's probably nothing - just a bunch of coincidences - but I've felt a bit of a connection to something lately. I don't know what, but I'm trying to be very neutral in not favoring one 'side' over the other, going with harmony if it makes any sense. As to some of the tells? Well, male to female, which may mean nothing, I don't know. I picked the name 'Jennifer' for myself because it was just a name that sort of stuck out to me as defining me to the best that I could figure. I also used to have a character who went by the name of Vera. I only found out today - literally within about ten minutes of each other that the two names are related in a sense. Choosing one name for myself I could see as a coincidence. But both of them? And then having the idea to look them both up simultaneously? I don't know. It just seems odd. I've been having tons of other tells. An intense desire to read up on Assyrian, Babylonian and other things. I keep seeing little signs or clues in all of this stuff I'm reading on, whether Hindu lore, etc...often there is mention of dragons, or certain creatures. Stealing away of goddesses or wives by opposing forces among the Gods and Titans. There's more involved with the whole Guin thing, but that's about as much as I feel comfortable disclosing. The rest involves personal relationship issues. I'm sure you can figure the rest out if you've read the lore.

At any rate - I'm trying to just make sense of stuff, you know? And I'm trying to be fair to both sides in all of this. Half of my time is spent wondering if I'm crazy and the other half is spent figuring out what I can do to help stop all the fightin' and fussin...

Edit: Oh! Just a bit more. That force, that voice - whatever it is...has just been leading me around to various books in my fathers' old library - one of which that I was led to right away was 'The New Atlantis' and Other Novellas of Science Fiction. I'd really like to help with things but I just don't know what I can do to help everyone involved.

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

I was a knight during the 1300s and i died making GBS threads a river of blood

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
in my past life I was dead

Sunset
Aug 15, 2005

Lucky Guy posted:

I was a knight during the 1300s and i died making GBS threads a river of blood

Less blood! Pretty soon you'll be having me think my cheese spaghettio dinner is in blood instead of tomato sauce..

Sunset
Aug 15, 2005

jackyl posted:

in my past life I was dead

Well, I mean...of course...but er, ...

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.

Junkfist posted:

I was this guy.

Aww. You used one of my favorite roman grafittis. This one was me:

(peristyle of the Tavern of Verecundus); 3951: Restitutus says: “Restituta, take off your tunic, please, and show us your hairy privates”. :getin:

Mnemosyne
Jun 11, 2002

There's no safe way to put a cat in a paper bag!!

Sunset posted:

There's more involved with the whole Guin thing, but that's about as much as I feel comfortable disclosing. The rest involves personal relationship issues.

If you can't trust goons, who can you trust?

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
The "Fictionkin" meme.

Sunset
Aug 15, 2005

Mnemosyne posted:

If you can't trust goons, who can you trust?

I trust you guys. I really do. I just hope you and others trust me. I feel like I may know a few things, and that people probably know I know a few things. Overall, the message I keep receiving is 'peace, harmony, and equalness' - for all involved. How to translate further than that? I don't know...but I want equal representation for goons, yes, absolutely. Just not utter war and fighting. It's not what the universe wants. You're all its' children.

So, goons...love? Goon love? Yes? Please? I'll dress up any way you please, any day of the week, any time of day.

Not that kind of goon love though - the overall encompassing kind.

Ceciltron
Jan 11, 2007

Text BEEP to 43527 for the dancing robot!
Pillbug
Upon death, souls depart the Earth and go to either heaven, hell or purgatory. They don't hang around and infuse future dollar store cashiers with the essence of Einstein.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Ork of Fiction posted:

The "Fictionkin" meme.

Machine Cult
Dec 23, 2005

A TEXT IS HERE

Sunset posted:

I trust you guys. I really do. I just hope you and others trust me. I feel like I may know a few things, and that people probably know I know a few things. Overall, the message I keep receiving is 'peace, harmony, and equalness' - for all involved. How to translate further than that? I don't know...but I want equal representation for goons, yes, absolutely. Just not utter war and fighting. It's not what the universe wants. You're all its' children.

So, goons...love? Goon love? Yes? Please? I'll dress up any way you please, any day of the week, any time of day.

Not that kind of goon love though - the overall encompassing kind.

I've had many past lives but they always sucked or I was a terrible person which is why I am constantly reincarnated to this sphere of pain instead of achieving Nirvana. This one looks par for the course so far.

Also, you might be crazy.

Sunset
Aug 15, 2005

Machine Cult posted:

I've had many past lives but they always sucked or I was a terrible person which is why I am constantly reincarnated to this sphere of pain instead of achieving Nirvana. This one looks par for the course so far.

Also, you might be crazy.

I don't really feel crazy though. I feel like I've figured out a really cool easter egg and I'm just trying to be nice and figure out what much if any of it means. I'm also upset that life is just a mess for everyone, or at least a lot of people right now. I wish I could make it better. For everyone. I just have a very hard time with conflict..

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
in my previous incarnation, i was hatsune miku. i was also hatsune miku in the one before that. actually from the beginning of time i have lived countless lives, all of them as the same vocaloid.

Machine Cult
Dec 23, 2005

A TEXT IS HERE

Serious Frolicking posted:

in my previous incarnation, i was hatsune miku. i was also hatsune miku in the one before that. actually from the beginning of time i have lived countless lives, all of them as the same vocaloid.

Hahaha. You know someone out there actually believes this.

Origin
Feb 15, 2006

Nigmaetcetera posted:

I was burnt at the stake in a past life because they thought my skill at ventriloquism was a sign of witchcraft. The odd thing about this is that it was in Scotland in the 1950's.

They just dumped Irn Bru on you, which is functionally the same.

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014
in a past life i was a pretty, pretty girl

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice
I was a Chinese peasant woman in the 5th century AD, ask me about dying of cholera at the age of 22.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
This is just a bullshit marketing ARG for the next hit TV show

https://twitter.com/ditzkoff/status/771053689066885121

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
I've been an unfortunate victim of infant mortality for every single one of my many uneventful and brief past lives. This the is the first time I've made it past the starting gate and hell I'm ready to run!!!

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Nirvikalpa posted:

Wasn't he gay?

gay, straight :shrug:

back then we just hosed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane