Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Splashback

BY APPOINTMENT TO HER MAJESTY
QUEEN ELIZABETH II
SPLASHBACK HOLDINGS LTD
PUCKINS AND PRINTERS PURVEYORS
Hello BYOB.

I just took a sip from my 10 p.m. cappuccino, unassumingly picked it up again, and was about to sip once more when I looked at the foam and it revealed unto me a strange oracle!

What does it mean?

Now, I haven't read the Wikipedia article on Tasseography yet; I'm just mentioning it to hopefully lend some gravity to the possibility that my coffee may be predicting the future even though this image appeared on the top of a cappuccino and not a cup of tea.

Is it my future? I don't know what to make of it: To me it looks like a lady holding a mushroom with a long stem. I'm stumped. What is that lady doing holding a mushroom? Is she a mycologist?

I don't dare presume the future, fellow Goons, but I'll attempt a guess. Maybe I'll meet a pretty mycologist or something like that; I don't know.

What do you think? Anyone specialize in Tasseography willing to weigh in? Anyone else seeing omens in their 10 p.m. beverages, or am I the only one? :confused:

Captain Splashback fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Sep 1, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gross Dude

Gross Dude
It's the visage of a woman putting her foot on a stool

Captain Splashback

QUEEN ELIZABETH II
SPLASHBACK HOLDINGS LTD

Gross Dude posted:

It's the visage of a woman putting her foot on a stool

like, for a shoeshine?

wait... maybe I need a shoeshine!

just checked: turns out I don't own shoes :(

do you think the woman is relaxing?

Gross Dude

Gross Dude
She for sure has her hands on her hips, she seems impatient.

Gross Dude

Gross Dude
I would guess she is buying shoes and having the salesperson put them on for her, but he's taking too long. But, the question is, in the metaphor, are you the salesperson or the woman?

Captain Splashback

QUEEN ELIZABETH II
SPLASHBACK HOLDINGS LTD

Gross Dude posted:

I would guess she is buying shoes and having the salesperson put them on for her, but he's taking too long. But, the question is, in the metaphor, are you the salesperson or the woman?

for your metaphor, the first thought that sprang to mind was going to the nearby coffee shop to pick up coffees to kill time to wait for the woman, and perhaps to ease her impatience as well.

maybe I'm the (a?) woman!? maybe it's a metaphor for waiting on something I need or don't? you've got me thinking...

Captain Splashback

QUEEN ELIZABETH II
SPLASHBACK HOLDINGS LTD
okay, I've decided to dissect the image, since my interpretation of the oracle may affect its outcome.

1. A woman's haircut = woman, probably.
2. A mushroom?
not notated under the head, from where the shoulders should be, extend what I believe are two arms; the right arm (from our perspective) holds the mushroom,

another option, which I've simply circled below, is that she may have farted and she's wafting it at me. this interpretation opens up a whole different kettle of fish!

1. A lady's hand.
2. A lady's butt.
3. Essence de la Rose Noxious gas

Captain Splashback fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Sep 1, 2016

Gross Dude

Gross Dude
Your interpretation is pretty close to mine, except your mushroom is my knee

Ace of Baes

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

You have been visited by the sexy lady of historical hotness. Repost to get thick AF and make all the motherfuckers in the tribe go "daaaaaamn"

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Is it wrong that I see goatse? Is it wrong that YOU see goatse, now that I've pointed out the obvious? You can't unsee it now, can you

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

alnilam

I saw goatse but the person's head is in view and looking back at you the viewer

treasure bear

its obviously a butt

ive been looking at other coffees and all of them bums and willies etc which is gross, i cant believe they're allowed to do this

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

treasure bear posted:

its obviously a butt

ive been looking at other coffees and all of them bums and willies etc which is gross, i cant believe they're allowed to do this

pre goatse

Ace of Baes

Luvcow posted:

pre goatse

it's female goatse

Ace of Baes
la goatsa

Senior Management

What is that evil smirk in the bottom of the frame?

:jerry:

Senior Management

Is this a dark and profane arcane ritual? Is a demon consuming that woman?

alnilam

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

Munchables

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

goatshe

Afro Doug

you scalded the milk.

POOL IS CLOSED

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
f k in the coffee?

Captain Splashback

QUEEN ELIZABETH II
SPLASHBACK HOLDINGS LTD

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN posted:

You have been visited by the sexy lady of historical hotness. Repost to get thick AF and make all the motherfuckers in the tribe go "daaaaaamn"

this post is funny.

now that you all mention it, I am beginning to see goatse. i have a theory that if I look at anything long enough, goatse will look back at me.

i've been looking for oracles in my day to day life. here's some queer sign of nature for you from a walk near my friend's cabin:

Captain Splashback fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Sep 3, 2016

Scaly Haylie

FK...

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

this is the only oracle I need

Captain Splashback

QUEEN ELIZABETH II
SPLASHBACK HOLDINGS LTD

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN posted:

this is the only oracle I need

the Pythia lookin' a little homely

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Captain Splashback

QUEEN ELIZABETH II
SPLASHBACK HOLDINGS LTD

now that's what's going on.

clearly the wizard is now predicting my future. all will be revealed in time! what will be revealed!

Nosfereefer, I believe I should make you a tinfoil medal of honour for your post

Drad_Bert

by Smythe

Gross Dude posted:

Your interpretation is pretty close to mine, except your mushroom is my knee

Whoa

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senior Management

• Locked thread