Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIy7HcwVK3E

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
disragarding scoring, only focusing on survival, I will clear the first loop of Ketsui: Kizuna Jigoku Tachi by the end of September.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

mycophobia posted:

disragarding scoring, only focusing on survival, I will clear the first loop of Ketsui: Kizuna Jigoku Tachi by the end of September.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3n9TiBuuvw

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

lol

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
same but Guwange

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

same but Guwange

cool. how far can you get.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
[Werner Herzog narrating his time in Imp Zone] And thus the transformation from the greatest gaming forum of all time into the tragic, pedophiliac forum know as Bad Game began. I believe the common denominator of the forum is not harmony, but chaos, hostility and murder now.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

mycophobia posted:

cool. how far can you get.

Catspider, but I've only played like 45 minutes total. I tried it a couple times in the past but always bounced off it so I figured I'd give it another shot.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
I got to the end of the stage 3 boss once but I keep doing retarded poo poo that usually ends my game way earlier. Ketsui is really hard, but I'm also really bad at arcade games despite my love of them

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

good luck

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i've made it to the last boss in guwange a couple times but the oxcarts + last phase of the boss make me want to pull my hair out

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i used to be able to normal loop ketsui pretty consistently and got as far as stage 2-4 boss but i never got to the doom loop ;=;

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

mycophobia posted:

I got to the end of the stage 3 boss once but I keep doing retarded poo poo that usually ends my game way earlier. Ketsui is really hard, but I'm also really bad at arcade games despite my love of them

the last pattern he does looks trickier than it actually is, once u figure it out. god bless.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
I played the poo poo out of Ketsui Death Label when it came out for the DS like a million years ago but that doesn't seem to be helping me now lol

discount cathouse
Mar 25, 2009
Ganbatte, OP.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Good luck OP.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
Arigatou

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

mycophobia posted:

I played the poo poo out of Ketsui Death Label when it came out for the DS like a million years ago but that doesn't seem to be helping me now lol

the stages in ketsui are a lot harder than the bosses generally imo

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
now that the 120 star challenge is finished I'm ready to make this my main game again. I think I can no-miss the first two stages consistently now, but still no stage 3 clear. it would help if I could manage to get the midboss 1up but it's just so hard not to bomb there

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
just cleared stage 3 :hellyeah:

the beginning of stage 4 was pretty intense looking though

e: been watching this vid for reference:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuY3Mpy-Yio

mycophobia fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Sep 5, 2016

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
ok I almost beat the stage 4 midboss. I can kinda remember his patterns from playing Death Label. I might end up making a savestate for stage 4 to practice it but idk, I don't really like doing that kind of thing

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
haven't beaten stage 3 today in like ten credits because I'm an idiot retard. being bad at games ftl.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>
This game is too hard OP.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
It's very hard, but fun.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
I got past the stage 4 midboss today. the game definitely wants you to stick close to the top of the screen, even in terms of just survival cuz destroying enemies earlier means less bullets to dodge

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

mycophobia posted:

ok I almost beat the stage 4 midboss. I can kinda remember his patterns from playing Death Label. I might end up making a savestate for stage 4 to practice it but idk, I don't really like doing that kind of thing

well if you were an idiot with a j360 and the ketsui port you'd have a stage select option

• Locked thread