Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ZorajitZorajit
Sep 15, 2013

No static at all...
The Revised Core Set release announcement has been posted by FFG. This is the product to get if you want to play the game a little, or take a plunge to get more involved.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire

Agent Rush posted:

Is that an offer?

Sure. PM me. I got 2x cores and like 80% of the packs from the first 4 cycles. Only the first two have now cycled out.

I'd keep them but I live in a smallish town with zero card scene outside of Magic.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Is it out now? Like, FLGS should have it in stock?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Quidthulhu posted:

Is it out now? Like, FLGS should have it in stock?

Yes. I'd call the store first, though.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Just streamed an hour of terrible netrunner play on twitch.tv/ANRLizzy , but I did learn that Saker is an expensive but hard counter to Kakugo, for all you whiners

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Knifed works pretty well too.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Khan actually did it well with Saker in the Temujin era. She sucked against everything else, mind...

Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!

jeeves posted:

Sure. PM me. I got 2x cores and like 80% of the packs from the first 4 cycles. Only the first two have now cycled out.

I'd keep them but I live in a smallish town with zero card scene outside of Magic.

PM sent.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Spoilers for Soverign Sight are floating around the internet now, so watch yourselves.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

A long shot, but does anyone know an IRL store with a Netrunner scene in Denver? I'm staying with Mom next week and I'd like to get away for a night and flatline some runners

Karmoderm
Aug 24, 2008
The Wizard's Chest does netrunner, not certain when. Definitely check it out!

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...
So one of my new year's resolutions is to finally play Terminal Directive in my lunch hour with a buddy who works nearby.

What's the best way to do it? I've heard people suggest Core + TD only, which makes sense. What about Revised Core?

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Zephro posted:

So one of my new year's resolutions is to finally play Terminal Directive in my lunch hour with a buddy who works nearby.

What's the best way to do it? I've heard people suggest Core + TD only, which makes sense. What about Revised Core?

Definitely use Revised Core. Account Siphon is super oppressive and TD's campaign has an unlockable ability for runner that would lead to infinite Siphon spam.

fomo sacer
Feb 14, 2007

Karmoderm posted:

The Wizard's Chest does netrunner, not certain when. Definitely check it out!

The Wizard’s Chest in downtown Denver is an incredibly good LGS and usually meets Thursdays. I think there also might be stuff at Collectormania in Parker and Enchanted Grounds in Littleton but those are farther if you’re in Denver proper.

Edit: there’s a Colorado Netrunner Facebook group that’s pretty active that you can probably just join and post in if you want to double check where people will be playing.

fomo sacer fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Dec 24, 2017

Ropes4u
May 2, 2009

Static Equilibrium posted:

The Wizard’s Chest in downtown Denver is an incredibly good LGS and usually meets Thursdays. I think there also might be stuff at Collectormania in Parker and Enchanted Grounds in Littleton but those are farther if you’re in Denver proper.

Edit: there’s a Colorado Netrunner Facebook group that’s pretty active that you can probably just join and post in if you want to double check where people will be playing.

Enchanted grounds is a great shop, I have no idea what the net runner scene is like but they are friendly, make decent coffee, and have a nice selection of games. There is also The Haunted Game Cafe in Fort Collins, as an added bonus Youngs Vietnamese restaurant next door is one of my favorite restaurants.

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

Ropes4u posted:

Enchanted grounds is a great shop, I have no idea what the net runner scene is like but they are friendly, make decent coffee, and have a nice selection of games. There is also The Haunted Game Cafe in Fort Collins, as an added bonus Youngs Vietnamese restaurant next door is one of my favorite restaurants.

If you're going to fort Collins, Toy's Thai is also outstanding.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Thanks for the help, all. I'll actually be in Superior/Louisville, but I'll deffo check what my option are to mill out corps using Frisky Fisky

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Not sure how much crossover there is, but I'm considering running an RPG campaign in the ANR universe. Curious if there's any conflicts or specific events in New Angeles specifically that would make for good adventure seeds/campaign arcs. Definitely going to open with 23 seconds incident, but any other of your favorite moments are welcome as seeds.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

You could try to salvage the storyline from Terminal Directive!

The coming of Apex could be part of the 23 seconds or it's own thing.

neaden
Nov 4, 2012

A changer of ways
Weyland, specifically GRNDL caused a tsunami with their undersea geothermal fracking project. They also bought up and heavily insured a lot of waterfront property beforehand. That mostly affected the parts of Ecuador that aren't New Angeles but it is close by.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Midjack posted:

You could try to salvage the storyline from Terminal Directive!

The coming of Apex could be part of the 23 seconds or it's own thing.
Apex would work so much better as a Legacy boss, give it a big pre-installed setup, and you could even do it with a "Corp" deck for hacking into its systems to try and disable it from the inside.

Edit: gently caress it, I might even throw some homebrew poo poo together for Corp Apex as a faction when I get home tonight. Would anybody be interested in helping me playtest some nonsense like that?

Big Ongoing Edit: I've been thinking about concepts and I think an idea I like is that most of the Apex faction cards are either dark mirrors of existing cards (representing it stealing and co-opting the ideas) or unadapted cards from Old Netrunner (something something ancient archives).

Identity ideas:

Apex, Engineering Perfection
45/25
Whenever the Runner trashes a Trap, you may pay (2). If you do, deal 1 net damage, trash the top card of the stack, and removed the trashed trap from the game.

Apex, The Message
45/15
Advertisements cost no influence and are always in-faction.

Apex, Vichi
50/25
The first time each turn you install a card, draw a card.

I'll probably also include a no Sys Ops clause, though I'm considering an agenda that could overrule that.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Dec 27, 2017

Rusty Kettle
Apr 10, 2005
Ultima! Ahmmm-bing!

Ropes4u posted:

Yo you play at Haunted? Do you happen to work at one of the big companies on Harmony? I occasionally play with folks there during lunch and they make up a sizable portion of the Fort Collins netrunner crowd.

Ropes4u
May 2, 2009

Rusty Kettle posted:

Yo you play at Haunted? Do you happen to work at one of the big companies on Harmony? I occasionally play with folks there during lunch and they make up a sizable portion of the Fort Collins netrunner crowd.

We still visit there but work moved us of Colorado for a few years. We are hoping to return in 2018 but it looks like I will need to live in the springs. Living in the middle of no where reminds me that Denver has some really nice options for game stores.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

https://twitter.com/ANRLizzy/status/777026144851759104

NetRunner.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

//jacking out...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

NetRunner is so dumb sometimes (I won this game)

Only registered members can see post attachments!

• Locked thread