Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bubble Bobby
Jan 28, 2005
Why are they all annoying and gay?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Congrats on 10M subscribers

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

because they're not getting their view whore money anymore

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
because that's what appeals to millennials

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

symbolic posted:

Ein cooler Typ posted:

because that's what appeals to millennials

And there it is.

also boobs.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

symbolic posted:

was there some kind of change recently with that? I usually give no gently caress about video bloggers or whatever but i watch a podcast on youtube sometimes because they release a lot of loving content and I need white noise for my poo poo posting but I had to quit watching because they went from 2 hours of show to adding in poo poo about amazon links, patreon, side streams, merchandise, advertising and halt the show to talk about their merchandise nonstop.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Fat Shat Sings posted:

was there some kind of change recently with that? I usually give no gently caress about video bloggers or whatever but i watch a podcast on youtube sometimes because they release a lot of loving content and I need white noise for my poo poo posting but I had to quit watching because they went from 2 hours of show to adding in poo poo about amazon links, patreon, side streams, merchandise, advertising and halt the show to talk about their merchandise nonstop.
from what i know, Youtube changed their advertising policy so videos deemed not child-friendly cannot be monetized, so basically any video with swearing can no longer give the uploader view whore money

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.
really? because the internet is so kid friendly already

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

What happens when you spend 5-10 years as a youtube star and then try to get a real job?

"My experience? Uhh yeah, I made MLG youtube meme videos for 13-year-olds from 4chan. Perhaps you've heard of me??"

*dresses up and pepe and does snoop dog dance while using airhorn*

"NO??"

Sophy Wackles fucked around with this message at 07:15 on Sep 2, 2016

Bubble Bobby
Jan 28, 2005

symbolic posted:

I don't understand what this means

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
the only thread i post in is about c-list youtube stars so it's important to me, dammit.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Pawn 17 posted:

What happens when you spend 5-10 years as a youtube star and then try to get a real job?
"hi, welcome to McDonald's, this is Mark, may I take your-...yes, this is Markiplier...yes, i screamed at video games for a living way back when...sir, may i just have your order? this hurts to talk about."

Bug Bill Murray posted:

I don't understand what this means
basically, uploaders have the option to turn ads on for their videos. if they do this, they get money for views, but it's something ludicrously low, like 1 cent for every 1000 views. of course, when you're getting like 500K+ views per video and upload thrice a day, that can add up, hence why a few Youtubers have been able to afford luxurious penthouses/mansions.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

symbolic posted:

"hi, welcome to McDonald's, this is Mark, may I take your-...yes, this is Markiplier...yes, i screamed at video games for a living way back when...sir, may i just have your order? this hurts to talk about."
yeah, but if freaking Markiplier doesn't have enough money to last him the rest of his life he deserves that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

a hole-y ghost posted:

yeah, but if freaking Markiplier doesn't have enough money to last him the rest of his life he deserves that
lmfao you think people who make money off playing video games and making silly faces at a camera know how to spend their money wisely

• Locked thread