Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

It's going to be good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006
yeah, i doubt that

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
im almost done with my novella "My Decision to Become a Vampire and the Consequences Thereof" and it's lookin fuckin great so far, I'll be able to afford a new cat or two I bet

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
And a lil house for them, a lil two story fuzzy rug covered house with scratchy boards and jinglers and kookadoos and menalopeas

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord
how can you work on a book if you're homeless, car man?

Beige
Sep 13, 2004

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

What's your poo poo story about? The title tells me nothing. A good story has a great title like "the metamorphosis" or "blood meridian" or "pokè-man gay" or "Harry potter of the gobble of fire"

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
since op is a sentient turd maybe chuck tingle will write a book about him someday

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

That Robot posted:

how can you work on a book if you're homeless, car man?

You have a lot of free time and tons of paper towels taken from your shower room in the Starbucks so time + materials + experience + effort - good posts = "slobknobs & broomsticks: the carman story" by carman

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

Out of this world :)

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
i think you might have to pick a different name for your book op

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
op you're one of the worst posters doing it in gbs goongrats on that

Forward Toward
Aug 14, 2015

No Tank You. not today tanks. Tank you very much.

TANK TANK TANK

VRRRRRRRRRRRRR
Make sure you brush it up before posting!

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
here is a link to buy op's novel

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

I am a malignant cockatoo who got dosed with pineal extract, AMA

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf
I've also got a new book I'm working on, it's called 'Suck My Dick OP'

Judging from the other posts in this thread, I think it has promise

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

Forward Toward posted:

Make sure you brush it up before posting!

abner it's done it lou should post it ima subforum like cc

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013
~*blessed by the algorithm*~

Just what the heck is going on here.

working mom
Jul 8, 2015

Naerasa posted:

I've also got a new book I'm working on, it's called 'Suck My Dick OP'

Judging from the other posts in this thread, I think it has promise

Certainly couldn't be any worse

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

SweetKarma posted:

Just what the heck is going on here.

if i didnt know better i might think op is trying to pull "a fast one" on us

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
HOLY poo poo IS OP THE GHOST OF FAMED DEPRESSIVE SUICIDAL AUTHOR DAVID FOSTER WALLACE ??????? :eyepop:

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
IS THAT YOU DAVID ?? DAVID ????!

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
POST SOMETHIGN THAT ONLY DAVIDWOULD KNOW

dookifex_maximus
Aug 10, 2016

by zen death robot
mines called thrice transfix'd 'pon the grave of a reanimate saint part two: electric boogaloo

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
unlike the op, i'm pretty sure that famed depressive suicidal author david foster wallace had people who didn't want him to kill himself.

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

poor ol' david foster walrus :( we hardly knew ye

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

unlike op who we know way too well :(

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

Carmant posted:

It's going to be good

What's it about?

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Carmant posted:

It's going to be good
Which end of the broom goes up your ..... butt?? :blush:

Squashing Machine
Jul 5, 2005

I mean boning, the wild mambo, the hunka chunka
The following listing is as complete as we can make it. Because the twelve years of Incandenza's directorial activity also coincided with large shifts in film venue - from public art cinemas, to VCR-capable magnetic recordings, to InterLace TelEntertainment laser dissemination and reviewable storage disk laser cartridges - and because Incandenza’s output itself comprises industrial, documentary, conceptual, advertorial, technical, parodic, dramatic non-commercial, nondramatic (‘anti-confluential’) noncommercial, nondramatic commercial, and dramatic commercial works, this filmmaker’s career presents substantive archival challenges. These challenges are also compounded by the fact that, first, for conceptual reasons, Incandenza eschewed both L. of C. registration and formal dating until the advent of Subsidized Time, secondly, that his output increased steadily until during the last years of his life Incandenza often had several works in production at the same time, thirdly, that his production company was privately owned and underwent at least four different changes of corporate name, and lastly that certain of his high-conceptual projects’ agendas required that they be titled and subjected to critique but never filmed, making their status as film subject to controversy.

Accordingly, though the works are here listed in what is considered by archivists to be their probable order of completion, we wish to say that the list’s order and completeness are, at this point, not definitive.

Each work’s title is followed: by either it’s year of completion, or by ‘B.S.’, designating undated completion before Subsidization; by the production company; by the major players, if credited; by the storage medium’s ('films’) gauge or gauges; by the length of the work to the nearest minute; by an indication of whether the work is in black and white or color or both; by an indication of whether the film is silent or in sound or both; by (if possible) a brief synopsis or critical overview; and by an indication of whether the work is mediated by celluloid film, magnetic video, InterLace Spontaneous Dissemination, TP-compatible InterLace cartridge, or privately distributed by Incadenza'a own company(ies). The designation UNRELEASED is used for those works which never saw distribution and are now publicly unavailable or lost.

“Cage” - Dated only 'Before Subsidiaztion.’ Meniscus Films, Ltd. Uncredited cast; 16 mm; .5 minutes; black and white; sound. Soliloquized parody of a broadcast-television advertisement for shampoo, utilizing four convex mirrors, two planar mirrors, and one actress. UNRELEASED

“Kinds Of Light” - B.S. Meniscus Films, Ltd. No cast; 16 mm; 3 minutes; color; silent. 4,444 individual frames, each of which photo depicts lights of different source, wavelength, and candle power, each reflected off the same unpolished tin plate and rendered disorienting at normal projection speeds by the hyperretinal speed at which they pass. CELLULOID, LIMITED METROPOLITAN BOSTON RELEASE, REQUIRES PROJECTION AT .25 NORMAL SPROCKET DRIVE

“Dark Logics” - B.S. Meniscus Films, Ltd. Players uncredited; 35 mm; 21 minutes; color; silent w/ deafening Wagner/Sousa soundtrack. Griffith tribute, Iimura parody. Child-sized but severely palsied hand turns pages of incunabular manuscripts in mathematics, alchemy, religion, and bogus political autobiography, each page comprising some articulation or defense of intolerance and hatred. Films dedication to D.W. Griffith and Taka Iimura. UNRELEASED

“Tennis, Everyone?” - B.S. Heliotrope Films, Ltd./U.S.T.A. Films. Documentary cast w/ narrator Judith Fukuoka-Hearn; 35 mm; 26 minutes; color; sound. Public relations/advertorial production for United States Tennis Association in conjunction with Wilson Sporting Goods, Inc. MAGNETIC VIDEO

“There Are No Losers Here” - B.S. Heliotrope Films, Ltd./U.S.T.A. Films. Documentary cast w/ narrator P.A. Heaven; 35 mm; color; sound. Documentary on B.S. 1997 U.S.T.A. National Junior Tennis Championships, Kalamazoo, MI, and Miami, FL, in conjunction with United States Tennis Association and Wilson Sporting Goods. MAGNETIC VIDEO

“Flux In A Box” - B.S. Heliotrope Films, Ltd./Wilson Inc. Documentary cast w/ narrator Judith Fukuoka-Hearn; 35 mm; 52 minutes; black and white/color; sound. Documentary history of box, platform, lawn, and court tennis from the 17th-century Court Of Dauphin to the present. MAGNETIC VIDEO

“Infinite Jest (I)” - B.S. Meniscus Films, Ltd. Judith Fukuoka-Hearn; 16/35 mm; 90(?) minutes; black and white; silent. Incadenza'a unfinished and unseen first attempt at commercial entertainment. UNRELEASED

“Annular Fusion Is Our Friend” - B.S. Heliotrope Films, Ltd./Sunstrand Power & Light Co. Documentary cast w/ narrator C.N. Reilly; Sign-Interpreted for the Deaf; 78 mm; 45 minutes; color; sound. Public relations/advertorial production for New England’s Sunstrand Power and Light utility, a non-technical explanation of the processes of DT-cycle lithiumized annular fusion and its applications in domestic energy production. CELLULOID, MAGNETIC VIDEO

“Annular Amplified Light: Some Reflections” - B.S. Heliotrope Films/Sunstrand Power & Light Co. Documentary cast w/ narrator C.N. Reilly; Sign-Interpreted for the Deaf; 78 mm; 45 minutes; color; sound. Second infomercial for Sunstrand Co., a non-technical explanation of the applications of cooled-photon lasers in DT-cycle lithiumized annular fusion. CELLULOID, MAGNETIC VIDEO

“Union Of Nurses In Berkeley” - B.S. Meniscus Films, Ltd. Documentary cast; 35 mm; 26 minutes; color; silent. Documentary and closed-caption interviews with hearing-impaired RNs and LPNs during Bay Area health care reform riots of 1996. MAGNETIC VIDEO, PRIVATELY RELEASED BY MENISCUS FILMS, LTD.

“Union Of Theoretical Grammarians In Cambridge” - B.S. Meniscus Films, Ltd. Documentary cast; 35 mm; 26 minutes; color; silent w/ heavy use of computerized distortion in facial close-ups. Documentary and closed-caption interviews with participants in the public Steven Pinker-Avril M. Incadenza debate on the political implications of prescriptive grammar during the infamous Militant Grammarians of Massachusetts convention credited with helping incite the M.I.T. language riots of B.S. 1997. UNRELEASED DUE TO LITIGATION

“Widower” - B.S. Latrodectus Mactans Productions. Cosgrove Watt, Ross Reat; 35 mm; 34 minutes; black and white; sound. Shot on location in Tucson, AZ, parody of broadcast television domestic comedies, a cocaine-addicted father (Watt) leads his son (Reat) around their desert property immolating poisonous spiders. CELLULOID; INTERLACE TELENT CARTRIDGE RE-RELEASE #357-75-00 (Y.P.W.)

“Cage II” - B.S. Latrodectus Mactans Productions. Cosgrove Watt, Disney Leith; 35 mm; 34 minutes; black and white; sound. Sadistic penal authorities place a blind convict (Watt) and a deaf-mute convict (Leith) together in 'solitary confinement,’ and the two men attempt to devise ways of communicating with each other. LIMITED CELLULOID RUN; RE-RELEASED ON MAGNETIC VIDEO

“Death In Scarsdale” - B.S. Latrodectus Mactans Productions. Cosgrove Watt, Marlon R. Bain; 78 mm; 39 minutes; color; silent w/ closed-caption subtitles. Mann/Allen parody, a world-famous dermatological endocrinologist (Watt) becomes platonically obsessed with a boy (Bain) he is treating for excessive perspiration, and begins himself to suffer from excessive perspiration. UNRELEASED

“Fun With Teeth” - B.S. Latrodectus Mactans Productions. Herbert G. Birch, Billy Tolan, Pam Heath; 35 mm; 73 minutes; black and white; silent w/ non-human screams and howls. Kosinski/Updike/Peckinpah parody, a dentist (Birch) performs sixtenn unanesthetized root-canal procedures on an academic (Tolan) he suspects of involvement with his wife. MAGNETIC VIDEO, PRIVATELY RELEASED BY LATRODECTUS MACTANS PRODCUTIONS

“Infinite Jest (II)” - B.S. Latrodectus Mactans Productions. Pam Heath; 35/78 mm; 90(?) minutes; black and white; silent. Unfinished, unseen attempt at remake of Infinite Jest (I). UNRELEASED

“Immanent Domain” - B.S. Latrodectus Mactans Productions. Cosgrove Watt, Judith Fukuoka-Hearn, Pam Heath, Pamel-Sue Vorrheis, Herbert G. Birch; 35 mm; 88 minutes; black and white w/ microphotography; sound. Three memory-neurons (Fukuoka-Hearn, Heath, Voorheis…w/ polyurethane costumes) in the Inferior frontal gyrus of a man’s (Watt’s) brain fight heroically to prevent their displacement by new memory-neurons as the man undergoes intense psychoanalysis. CELLULOID; INTERLACE TELENT CARTRIDGE RE-RELEASE #340-03-70 (Y.P.W.)

“Kinds Of Pain” - B.S. Latrodectus Mactans Productions. Anonymous cast; 35/78 mm; 6 minutes; color; silent. 2,222 still-frame close-ups of middle-aged white males suffering from almost every conceivable type of pain, from an ingrown toenail to cranio-facial neuralgia to inoperable colo-rectal neoplastis. CELLULOID, LIMITED METRO BOSTON RELEASE, REQUIRES PROJECTION AT .25 NORMAL SPROCKET DRIVE

“Various Small Flames” - B.S. Latrodectus Mactans Productions. Cosgrove Watt, Pam Heath, Ken N. Johnson; 16 mm; 25 minutes w/ recursive loop for automatic replay; color; silent w/ sounds of human coitus appropriated from and credited to Caballero Control Corp. adult videos. Parody of neoconceptual structuralist films of Godbout and Vodriad, n-frame images of myriad varieties of small household flames, from lighters and birthday candles to stovetop gas rings and grass clipings ignited by sunlight through a magnifying glass, alternated with anti-narrative sequences of a man (Watt) sitting in a dark bedroom drinking bourbon while his wife Heath and an Amway representative (Johnson) have acrobatic coitus in the background’s lit hallway. UNRELEASED DUE TO LITIGATION BY 1960’S US CONCEPTUAL DIRECTOR OF “VARIOUS SMALL FIRES” ED RUSCHA- INTERLACE TELENT CARTRIDGE RE-RELEASE #330-54-94 (Y.T.S.D.B.)

“Cage III - Free Show” - B.S. Latrodectus Mactans Productions/Infernation Animation Concepts, Canada. Cosgrove Watt, P.A. Heaven, Everard Maynell, Pam Heath; partial animation; 35 mm; 65 minutes; black and white; sound. The figure of death (Heath) presides over the front entrance of a carnival sideshow whose spectators watch performers undergo unspeakable degradations so grotesquely compelling that the spectators’ eyes become larger and larger until the spectators themselves are transformed into gigantic eyeballs in chairs, while on the other side of the sideshow tent the figure of Life (Heaven) uses a megaphone to invite fairgoers to an exhibition in which, if the fairgoers consent to undergo unspeakable degradations, they can witness ordinary persons gradually turn into gigantic eyeballs. INTERLACE TELENT FEATURE CARTRIDGE #357-65-65

“The Medusa v. The Odalisque” - B.S. Latrodectus Mactans Productions. Uncredited cast; zone-plating laser holography by James O. Incadenza and Urquhart Ogilvie, Jr.; holographic fight choreography by Kenjiru Hirota courtesy of Sony Entertainment-Asia; 78 mm; 29 minutes; balck and white; silent w/ audience-noises appropriated from network broadcast television. Mobile holograms of two visually lethal mythologic females duel with reflective surfaces onstage while a live crowd of spectators turn to stone. LIMITED CELLULOID RUN; PRIVATELY RE-RELEASED ON MAGNETIC VIDEO BY LATRODECTUS MACTANS PRODUCTIONS

“The Machine In The Ghost: Annular Holography For Fun And Prophet” - B.S. Heliotrope Films, Ltd./National Film Board Of Canada. Narrator P.A. Heaven; 78 mm; 35 minutes; color; sound. Nontechnical introduction to theories of annular enhancement and zone-plating and their applications in high-resolution laser holography. UNRELEASED DUE TO US/CANADIAN DIPLOMATIC TENSIONS

“Homo Duplex” - B.S. Latrodectus Mactans Productions. Narrator P.A. Heaven; Super-8 mm; 70 minutes; black and white; sound. Parody of Woititz and Shulgin’s 'poststructual antidocumentaries,’ interviews with fourteen Americans who are named John Wayne but are not the legendary 20th-century film actor John Wayne. MAGNETIC VIDEO (LIMITED RELEASE)

“Zero-Gravity Tea Ceremony” - B.S. Latrodectus Mactans Productions. Ken N. Johnson, Judith Fukuoka-Hearn, Otto Brandt, E.J. Kenkle; 35 mm; 82 minutes; black and white/color; silent. The intricate Ocha-Kai is conducted 2.5 m. off the ground in the Johnson Space Center’s zero-gravity-simulation chamber. CELLULOID; INTERLACE TELENT RE-RELEASE #357-40-01 (Y.P.W.)

“Pre-Nuptial Agreement Of Heaven And Hell” - B.S. Latrodectus Mactans Productions/Infernation Animation Concepts, Canada. Animated w/ uncredited voices; 35 mm; 59 minutes; color; sound. God and Satan play poker with Tarot cards for the soul of an alcoholic sandwich-bag salesman obsessed with Bernini’s 'The Ecstacy Of St. Teresa.’ PRIVATELY RELEASED ON CELLULOID AND MAGNETIC VIDEO BY LATRODECTUS MACTANS PRODUCTIONS

“The Joke” - B.S. Latrodectus Mactans Productions. Audience as reflected cast; 35 mm x 2 cameras; variable length; black and white; silent. Parody of Hollis Frampton’s 'audience-specific events,’ two Ikegami EC-35 video cameras in the theater record the 'film’s’ audience and project the resultant raster onto screen - the theater audience watching itself watch itself get the obvious 'joke’ and become increasingly self-conscious and uncomfortable and hostile supposedly comprises the film’s involuted 'anti-narrative’ flow. Incadenza'a first truly controversial project, Film & Kartridge Kultcher’s Sperber credited it with 'unwittingly sounding the death-knell of post-poststructual film in terms of sheer annoyance.’ NON-RECORDED MAGNETIC VIDEO SCREENABLE IN THEATER VENUE ONLY, NOW UNRELEASED

“Various Lachrymose U.S. Corporate Middle-Management Figures” - Unfinished. UNRELEASED

“Every Inch Of Disney Leith” - B.S. Latrodectus Mactans Productions/Medical Imagery Of Alberta, Ltd. Disney Leith; computer-enlarged 35 mm/x 2 m; 253 minutes; color; silent. Miniaturized, endoscopic, and microinvasive cameras traverse entire exterior and interior of one of Incadenza'a technical crew as he sits on a folded serape in the Boston Common listening to a public forum on uniform North American metricization. PRIVATE RELEASE ON MAGNETIC VIDEO BY LATRODECTUS MACTANS PRODUCTIONS; INTERLACE TELENT RE-RELEASE #357-56-34 (Y.P.W.)

“Infinite Jest (III)” - B.S. Latrodectus Mactans Productions. Uncredited cast; 16/35 mm; color; sound. Unfinished, unseen remake of Infinite Jest (I) (II). UNRELEASED

“Found Drama I”

“Found Drama II”

“Found Drama III”…conceptual, conceptually unfilmable. UNRELEASED

“The Man Who Began To Suspect He Was Made Of Glass” - Year of the Whopper. Latrodectus Mactans Productions. Cosgrove Watt, Gerhardt Schtitt; 35 mm; 21 minutes; black and white; sound. A man undergoing intensive psychotherapy discovers that he is brittle, hollow, and transparent to others, and becomes either transcendentally enlightened or schizophrenic. INTERLACE TELENT FEATURE CARTRIDGE #357-59-00

“Found Drama V”

“Found Drama VI”…conceptual, conceptually unfilmable. UNRELEASED

“The American Century As Seen Through A Brick” - Year of the Whopper. Latrodectus Mactans Productions. Documentary cast w/ narration by P.A. Heaven; 35 mm; 52 minutes; color w/ red filter and oscillophotography; silent w/ narration. As U.S. Boston’s historical Back Bay streets are stripped of brick and repaved with polymerized cement, the resultant career of one stripped brick is followed, from found-art temporary installation to displacement by E.W.D. catapult to a waste-quarry in southern Quebec to its use in the F.L.Q.-incited anti-O.N.A.N. riots of January/Whopper, all intercut with ambiguous shots of human thumb’s alterations in the interference pattern of a plucked string. PRIVATELY RELEASED ON MAGNETIC VIDEO BY LATRODECTUS MACTANS PRODUCTIONS

“The ONANtiad” - Year Of The Whopper. Latrodectus Mactans Productions/Claymation action sequences Infernation Animation Concepts, Canada. Cosgrove Watt, P.A. Heaven, Pam Heath, Ken N. Johnosn, Ibn-Said Chawaf, Squyre Frydell, Marla-Dean Chumm, Herbert G. Birch, Everard Meynell; 35 mm; 76 minutes; black and white/color; sound/silent. Oblique, obesessive, and not very funny claymation love triangle played out against live-acted backdrop of the inception of North American Interdependence and Continental Reconfiguration. PRIVATELY RELEASED ON MAGNETIC VIDEO BY LATRODECTUS MACTANS PRODUCTIONS

“The Universe Lashes Out” - Year of the Whopper. Latrodectus Mactans Productions. Documentary cast w/ narrator Herbert G. Birch; 16 mm; 28 minutes; color; silent w/ narration. Documentary on the evacuation of Atkinson, NH/New Quebec at the inception of Continental Reconfiguration. MAGNETIC VIDEO (LIMITED RELEASE)

“Poultry In Motion” - Year of the Whopper. Latrodectus Mactans Productions. Documentary cast w/ narrator P.A. Heaven; 16 mm; 56 minutes; color; silent w/ narration. Documentary on renegade North Syracuse, NNY, turkey farmers’ bid to prevent toxification of Thanksgiving crop by commandeering long, shiny O.N.A.N. trucks to transplant over 200,000 pertussive fowl south to Ithaca. MAGNETIC VIDEO (LIMITED RELEASE)

“Found Drama IX”

“Found Drama X”

“Found Drama XI”…conceptual, conceptually unfilmable. UNRELEASED

“Mobius Strips” - Year of the Whopper. Latrodectus Mactans Productions. 'Hugh G. Rection’, Pam Heath, 'Bunny Day’, 'Taffy Appel’; 35 mm; 109 minutes; black and white; sound. Pornography-parody, possible parodic homage to Fosse’s All That Jazz, in which a theoretical physicist ('Rection’), who can only achieve creative mathematical insight during coitus, conceives of Death as a lethally beautiful woman (Heath). INTERLACE TELENT FEATURE CARTRIDGE #357-65-32 (Y.W.)

“Wave Bye-Bye To The Bureaucrat” - Year of the Whopper. Latrodectus Mactans Productions. Everard Maynell, Phillip T. Smothergill, Paul Anthony Heaven, Pamel-Sue Voorheis; 16 mm; 19 minutes; black and white; sound. Possible parody/homage to B.S. public-service announcement cycle of Church Of Jesus Christ Of Latter-Day Saints, a harried commuter is mistaken for Christ by a child he knocks over.

“Blood Sister: One Tough Nun” - Year of the Tucks Medicated Pad. Latrodectus Mactans Productions. Telma Hurley, Pam Heath, Marla-Dean Chumm, Dianne Saltoone, Soma Richardson-Levy, Cosgrove Watt; 35 mm; 90 minutes; color; sound. Parody of revenge/recidivism action genre, a formerly delinquent nun’s (Hurley’s) failure to reform a juvenile delinquent (Chumm) leads to a rampage of recidivist revenge. INTERLACE TELENT PULSE-DISSEMINATION 21 JULY Y.T.M.P., CARTRIDGE #357-87-04

“Infinite Jest (IV)” - Year of the Tucks Medicated Pad. Latrodectus Mactans Productions. Pam Heath (?), 'Madame Psychosis’ (?); 78 mm; 90 minutes (?); color; sound. Unfinished, unseen attempt at completion of Infinite Jest (III). UNRELEASED

“Let There Be Lite” - Year of the Tucks Medicated Pad. Poor Yorick Entertainment Unlimited. Documentary cast w/ narrator Ken N. Johnson; 16 mm; 50 minutes (?); black and white; silent w/ narration. Unfinished documentary on genesis of reduced-calorie bourbon industry. UNRELEASED

Untitled - Unfinished. UNRELEASED

“No Troy” - Year of the Whopper. Latrodectus Mactans Productions. No cast; liquid-surface holography by Urquhart Ogilvie Jr.; 35 mm; 7 minutes; enhanced color; silent. Scale-model holographic recreation of Troy, NY’s, bombardment by miscalibrated Waste Displacement Vehicles, and its subsequent elimination by O.N.A.N. cartographers. MAGNETIC VIDEO (PRIVATE RELEASE LIMITED TO NEW BRUNSWICK, ALBERTA, QUEBEC) Note: Archivists in Canada and the U.S. West Coast do not list No Troy but do list titles The Violet City and The Violet Ex-City, respectively, leading scholars to conclude that the same film was released under several different appellations.

“Valuable Coupon Has Been Removed” - Year of the Tucks Medicated Pad. Poor Yorick Entertainment Unlimited. Cosgrove Watt, Phillip T. Smothergill, Dianne Saltoone; 16 mm; 52 minutes; color; silent. Possible Scandinavian psychodrama parody, a boy helps his alcoholic-delusional father and disassociated mother dismantle their bed to search for rodents, and later he intuits the future feasibility of D.T.-cycle lithiumized annular fusion. CELLULOID (UNRELEASED)

“Baby Pictures Of Famous Dictators” - Year of the Tucks Medicated Pad. Poor Yorick Entertainment Unlimited. Documentary or uncredited cast w/ narrator P.A. Heaven; 16 mm; 45 minutes; black and white; sound. Children and adolescents play a nearly incomprehnsible nuclear strategy game with tennis equipment against a real or holographic (?) backdrop of sabotaged ATHSCME 1900 atmospheric displacement towers exploding and toppling during the New New England Chemical Emergency of Y.W. CELLULOID (UNRELEASED)

“Stand Behind The Men Behind The Wire” - Year of the Tucks Medicated Pad. Poor Yorick Entertainment Unlimited. Documentary cast w/ narrator Soma Richardson-Levy; Super-8 mm; 52 minutes; black and white/color; sound. Shot on location north of Lowell, MA, documentary on Essex County Sheriff’s Dept. and Massachusetts Department Of Social Services’ expedition to track, verify, capture, or propitiate the outsized feral infant alleged to have crushed, gummed, or picked up and dropped over a dozen residents of Lowell in January, Y.T.M.P. INTERLACE TELENT CARTRIDGE #357-12-56

“As Of Yore” - Year of the Tucks Medicated Pad. Poor Yorick Entertainment Unlimited. Cosgrove Watt, Marlon Bain; 16/78 mm; 181 minutes; black and white/color; sound. A middle-aged tennis instructor, preparing to instruct his son in tennis, becomes intoxicated in the family’s garage and subjects his son to a rambling monologue while the son weeps and perspires. INTERLACE TELENT CARTRIDGE #357-16-09

“The Clever Little Bastard” - Unfinished, unseen. UNRELEASED

“The Cold Majesty Of The Numb” - Unfinished, unseen. UNRELEASED

“Good-Looking Men In Small Clever Rooms That Utilize Every Centimeter Of Available Space With Mind-Boggling Efficiency” - Unfinished due to hospitalization. UNRELEASED

“Low-Temperature Civics” - Year of the Tucks Medicated Pad. Poor Yorick Entertainment Unlimited. Cosgrove Watt, Herbert G. Birch, Ken N. Johnson, Soma Richardson-Levy, Everard Maynell, 'Madame Psychosis’, Phillip T. Smothergill, Paul Anthony Heaven; 35 mm; 80 minutes; black and white; sound. Wyler parody in which four sons (Birch, Johnson, Maynell, Smothergill) intrigue for control of a sandwich-bag conglomerate after their CEO father (Watt) has an ecstatic encounter with Death ('Psychosis’) and becomes irreversibly catatonic. NATIONAL DISSEMINATION IN INTERLACE TELENT’S 'CALALCADE OF EVIL’ SERIES - JANUARY/YEAR OF TRIAL-SIZED DOVE BAR - AND INTERLACE TELENT CARTRIDGE #357-89-05

“(At Least) Three Cheers For Cause And Effect” - Year of the Tucks Medicated Pad. Poor Yorick Entertainment Unlimited. Cosgrove Watt, Pam Heath, 'Hugh G. Rection’; 78 mm; 26 minutes; black and white; sound. The headmaster of a newly constructed high-altitude sports academy (Watt) becomes neurotically obsessed with litigation over the construction’s ancillary damage to a V.A. hospital far below, as a way of diverting himself from his wife’s (Heath’s) poorly hidden affair with the academically renowned mathematical topologist who is acting as the project’s architect ('Rection’). CELLULOID (UNRELEASED)

“(The) Desire To Desire” - Year of the Tucks Medicated Pad. Poor Yorick Entertainment Unlimited. Robert Lingley, 'Madame Psychosis’, Marla-Dean Chumm; 35 mm; 99 minutes (?); black and white; silent. A pathology resident (Lingley) falls in love with a beautiful cadaver ('Psychosis’) and the paralyzed sister (Chumm) she died rescuing from the attack of an oversized feral infant. Listed by some archivists as unfinished. UNRELEASED

“Safe Boating Is No Accident” - Year of the Tucks Medicated Pad (?) Poor Yorick Entertainment Unlimited/X-Ray and Infrared Photography by Shuco-Mist Medical Pressure Systems, Enfield, MA. Ken N. Johnson, 'Madame Psychosis’, P.A. Heaven. Kierkegaard/Lynch (?) parody, a claustrophobic water-ski instructor (Johnson), struggling with his romantic conscience after his fiancee’s ('Psychosis’s’) face is grotesquely mangled by an outboard propeller, becomes trapped in an overcrowded hospital elevator with a defrocked Trappist monk, two overcombed missionaries for the Church Of Jesus Christ Of Latter-Day Saints, an enigmatic fitness guru, the Massachusetts State Commissioner for Beach and Water Safety, and seven severely intoxicated opticians with silly hats and exploding cigars. Listed by some archivists as completed the following year, Y.T.-S.D.B. UNRELEASED

“Very Low Impact” - Year of the Tucks Medicated Pad. Poor Yorick Entertainment Unlimited. Marla-Dean Chumm, Pam Heath, Soma Richardson-Levy-O'Byrne; 35 mm; 30 minutes; color; sound. A narcoleptic aerobics instructor (Chumm) struggles to hide her condition from students and employers. POSTHUMOUS RELEASE Y.W.-Q.M.D.; INTERLACE TELENT CARTRIDGE #357-97-29

“The Night Wears a Sombrero” - Year of the Tucks Medicated Pad (?) Ken N. Johnson, Phillip T. Smothergill, Dianne Saltoone, 'Madame Psychosis’; 78 mm; 105 minutes; color; silent/sound. Parody/homage to Lang’s Rancho Notorious, a nearsighted apprentice cowpoke (Smothergill), swearing vengeance for a gunslinger’s (Johnson’s) rape of what he (the cowpoke) is secretly in love with, loses the trail of the gunslinger after misreading a road sign and is drawn to a sinister Mexican ranch where Oedipally aggrieved gunslingers are ritually blinded by a mysterious veiled nun ('Psychosis’). Listed by some archivists as completed the preceding year, Y.W. INTERLACE TELENT CARTRIDGE #357-56-51

“Accomplice!” - Year of the Tucks Medicated Pad. Poor Yorick Entertainment Unlimited. Cosgrove Watt, Stokely 'Dark Star’ McNair; 16 mm; 26 minutes; color; sound. An aging pederast mutilates himself out of love for a strangely tattooed street hustler. INTERLACE TELENT CARTRIDGE #357-10-10 withdrawn from dissemination after Cartridge Scene reviewers called Accomplice! ’…the stupidest, nastiest, least subtle and worst-edited product of a pretentious and wretchedly uneven career.’ NOW UNRELEASED

“Dial C For Concupiscence” - Year of the Trial-Size Dove Bar. Poor Yorick Entertainment Unlimited. Soma Richardson-Levy-O'Byrne, Marla-Dean Chumm, Ibn-Said Chawaf, Yves Francouer; 35 mm; 122 minutes; black and white; silent w/ subtitles. Parodic noir-style tribute to Bresson’s Les Anges du Peche’, a cellular phone operator (Richardson-Levy-O'Byrne), mistaken by a Quebecois terrorist (Francouer) for another cellular phone operator (Chumm) the FLQ had mistakenly tried to assassinate, mistakes his mistaken attempts to apologize as attempts to assassinate her (Richardson-Levy-O'Byrne) and flees to a bizarre Islamic religious community whose members communicate with each other by means of semaphore flags, where she falls in love with an armless Near Eastern medical attache’ (Chawaf). RELEASED IN INTERLACE TELENT’S 'HOWLS FROM THE MARGIN’ UNDERGROUND FILM SERIES - MARCH/Y.T.-S.D.B. - AND INTERLACE TELENT CARTRIDGE #357-75-43

“Insubstantial Country” - Year of the Trial-Size Dove Bar. Poor Yorick Entertainment Unlimited. Cosgrove Watt; 16 mm; 30 minutes; black and white; silent/sound. An unpopular apres-garde filmmaker (Watt) either suffers a temporal lobe seizure and becomes mute or else is the victim of everyone else’s delusion that his (Watt’s) temporal lobe seizure has left him mute. PRIVATE CARTRIDGE RELEASE BY POOR YORICK ENTERTAINMENT UNLIMITED

“It Was A Great Marvel That He Was In The Father Without Knowing Him” - Year of the Trial-Size Dove Bar. Poor Yorick Entertainment Unlimited. Cosgrove Watt, Phillip T. Smothergill; 16 mm; 5 minutes; black and white; silent/sound. A father (Watt), suffering from the delusion that his etymologically precocious son (Smothergill) is pretending to be mute, poses as a 'professional conversationalist’ in order to draw the boy out. RELEASED IN INTERLACE TELENT’S 'HOWLS FROM THE MARGIN’ UNDERGROUND FILM SERIES - MARCH/Y.T.-S.D.B. - AND INTERLACE TELENT CARTRIDGE #357-75-50

“Cage IV - Web” - Unfinished. UNRELEASED

“Cage V - Infinite Jim” - Unfinished. UNRELEASED

“Death And The Single Girl” - Unfinished. UNRELEASED

“The Film Adaptation Of Peter Weiss’s 'The Persecution And Assassination Of Marat As Performed By The Inmates Of The Asylum At Charenton Under The Direction Of The Marquis de Sade’” - Year of the Trial-Size Dove Bar. Poor Yorick Entertainment Unlimited. James O. Incadenza, Disney Leith, Urquhart Ogilvie Jr., Jane Ann Prickett, Herbert G. Birch, 'Madame Psychosis’, Marla-Dean Chumm, Marlon Bain, Pam Heath, Soma Richardson-Levy-O'Byrne-Chawaf, Ken N. Johnson, Dianne Saltoone; Super-8 mm; 88 minutes; black and white; silent/sound. Fictional 'interactive documentary’ on Boston stage production of Weiss’s 20th-century play within play, in which the documentary’s chemically impaired director (Incadenza) repeatedly interupts the inmates’ dumbshow-capering and Marat and Sade’s dialogues to discourse incoherently on the implications of Brando’s Method Acting and Artaud’s Theatre of Cruelty for North American filmed entertainment, irritating the actor who plays Marat (Leith) to such an extent that he has a cerebral hemorrhage and collapses onstage well before Marat’s scripted death, whereupon the play’s nearsighted director (Ogilvie), mistaking the actor who plays Sade (Johnson) for Incadenza, throws Sade into Marat’s medicinal bath and throttles him to death, whereupon the extra-dramatic figure of Death ('Psychosis’) descends deus ex machina to bear Marat (Leith) and Sade (Johnson) away, while Incadenza becomes ill all over the theater audience’s first row. 8 MM SYNC-PROJECTION CELLULOID. UNRELEASED DUE TO LITIGATION, HOSPITALIZATION

“Too Much Fun” - Unfinished. UNRELEASED

“The Unfortunate Case Of Me” - Unfinished. UNRELEASED

“Sorry All Over The Place” - Unfinished. UNRELEASED

“Infinite Jest (V?)” - Year of the Trial-Size Dove Bar. Poor Yorick Entertainment Unlimited. 'Madame Psychosis’; no other definitive data. Thorny problem for archivists. Incandenza’s last film, Incandenza’s death occurring during its post-production. Most archival authorities list as unfinished, unseen. Some list as completion of Infinite Jest (IV), for which Incandenza also used 'Psychosis’, thus list the film under Incandenza’s output for Y.T.M.P. Though no scholarly synopsis or report of viewing exists, two short essays in different issues of Cartridge Quarterly East refer to the film as 'extraordinary’ and 'far and away [James O. Incandenza’s] most entertaining and compelling work.’ West Coast archivists list the film’s gauge as '16…78 mm’, basing the gauge on critical allusions to 'radical experiments in viewers’ optical perspective and context’ as IJ (V?)'s distinctive feature. Though Canadian archivist Tete-Beche lists the film as completed and privately distributed by P.Y.E.U. through posthumous provisions in the filmmaker’s will, all other comprehensive filmographies have the film either unfinished or UNRELEASED, its Master cartridge either destroyed or vaulted sui testator.

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy
My exquisite and astonishing debut novel, The Cocksucker's Daughter, is nearing completion. I plan on being the literary it-boy of next season.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

E1M1 posted:

The following listing is as complete as we can make it. Because the twelve years of Incandenza's directorial activity also coincided with large shifts in film venue - from public art cinemas, to VCR-capable magnetic recordings, to InterLace TelEntertainment laser dissemination and reviewable storage disk laser cartridges - and because Incandenza’s output itself comprises industrial, documentary, conceptual, advertorial, technical, parodic, dramatic non-commercial, nondramatic (‘anti-confluential’) noncommercial, nondramatic commercial, and dramatic commercial works, this filmmaker’s career presents substantive archival challenges. These challenges are also compounded by the fact that, first, for conceptual reasons, Incandenza eschewed both L. of C. registration and formal dating until the advent of Subsidized Time, secondly, that his output increased steadily until during the last years of his life Incandenza often had several works in production at the same time, thirdly, that his production company was privately owned and underwent at least four different changes of corporate name, and lastly that certain of his high-conceptual projects’ agendas required that they be titled and subjected to critique but never filmed, making their status as film subject to controversy.

Accordingly, though the works are here listed in what is considered by archivists to be their probable order of completion, we wish to say that the list’s order and completeness are, at this point, not definitive.

Each work’s title is followed: by either it’s year of completion, or by ‘B.S.’, designating undated completion before Subsidization; by the production company; by the major players, if credited; by the storage medium’s ('films’) gauge or gauges; by the length of the work to the nearest minute; by an indication of whether the work is in black and white or color or both; by an indication of whether the film is silent or in sound or both; by (if possible) a brief synopsis or critical overview; and by an indication of whether the work is mediated by celluloid film, magnetic video, InterLace Spontaneous Dissemination, TP-compatible InterLace cartridge, or privately distributed by Incadenza'a own company(ies). The designation UNRELEASED is used for those works which never saw distribution and are now publicly unavailable or lost.

“Cage” - Dated only 'Before Subsidiaztion.’ Meniscus Films, Ltd. Uncredited cast; 16 mm; .5 minutes; black and white; sound. Soliloquized parody of a broadcast-television advertisement for shampoo, utilizing four convex mirrors, two planar mirrors, and one actress. UNRELEASED

“Kinds Of Light” - B.S. Meniscus Films, Ltd. No cast; 16 mm; 3 minutes; color; silent. 4,444 individual frames, each of which photo depicts lights of different source, wavelength, and candle power, each reflected off the same unpolished tin plate and rendered disorienting at normal projection speeds by the hyperretinal speed at which they pass. CELLULOID, LIMITED METROPOLITAN BOSTON RELEASE, REQUIRES PROJECTION AT .25 NORMAL SPROCKET DRIVE

“Dark Logics” - B.S. Meniscus Films, Ltd. Players uncredited; 35 mm; 21 minutes; color; silent w/ deafening Wagner/Sousa soundtrack. Griffith tribute, Iimura parody. Child-sized but severely palsied hand turns pages of incunabular manuscripts in mathematics, alchemy, religion, and bogus political autobiography, each page comprising some articulation or defense of intolerance and hatred. Films dedication to D.W. Griffith and Taka Iimura. UNRELEASED

“Tennis, Everyone?” - B.S. Heliotrope Films, Ltd./U.S.T.A. Films. Documentary cast w/ narrator Judith Fukuoka-Hearn; 35 mm; 26 minutes; color; sound. Public relations/advertorial production for United States Tennis Association in conjunction with Wilson Sporting Goods, Inc. MAGNETIC VIDEO

“There Are No Losers Here” - B.S. Heliotrope Films, Ltd./U.S.T.A. Films. Documentary cast w/ narrator P.A. Heaven; 35 mm; color; sound. Documentary on B.S. 1997 U.S.T.A. National Junior Tennis Championships, Kalamazoo, MI, and Miami, FL, in conjunction with United States Tennis Association and Wilson Sporting Goods. MAGNETIC VIDEO

“Flux In A Box” - B.S. Heliotrope Films, Ltd./Wilson Inc. Documentary cast w/ narrator Judith Fukuoka-Hearn; 35 mm; 52 minutes; black and white/color; sound. Documentary history of box, platform, lawn, and court tennis from the 17th-century Court Of Dauphin to the present. MAGNETIC VIDEO

“Infinite Jest (I)” - B.S. Meniscus Films, Ltd. Judith Fukuoka-Hearn; 16/35 mm; 90(?) minutes; black and white; silent. Incadenza'a unfinished and unseen first attempt at commercial entertainment. UNRELEASED

“Annular Fusion Is Our Friend” - B.S. Heliotrope Films, Ltd./Sunstrand Power & Light Co. Documentary cast w/ narrator C.N. Reilly; Sign-Interpreted for the Deaf; 78 mm; 45 minutes; color; sound. Public relations/advertorial production for New England’s Sunstrand Power and Light utility, a non-technical explanation of the processes of DT-cycle lithiumized annular fusion and its applications in domestic energy production. CELLULOID, MAGNETIC VIDEO

“Annular Amplified Light: Some Reflections” - B.S. Heliotrope Films/Sunstrand Power & Light Co. Documentary cast w/ narrator C.N. Reilly; Sign-Interpreted for the Deaf; 78 mm; 45 minutes; color; sound. Second infomercial for Sunstrand Co., a non-technical explanation of the applications of cooled-photon lasers in DT-cycle lithiumized annular fusion. CELLULOID, MAGNETIC VIDEO

“Union Of Nurses In Berkeley” - B.S. Meniscus Films, Ltd. Documentary cast; 35 mm; 26 minutes; color; silent. Documentary and closed-caption interviews with hearing-impaired RNs and LPNs during Bay Area health care reform riots of 1996. MAGNETIC VIDEO, PRIVATELY RELEASED BY MENISCUS FILMS, LTD.

“Union Of Theoretical Grammarians In Cambridge” - B.S. Meniscus Films, Ltd. Documentary cast; 35 mm; 26 minutes; color; silent w/ heavy use of computerized distortion in facial close-ups. Documentary and closed-caption interviews with participants in the public Steven Pinker-Avril M. Incadenza debate on the political implications of prescriptive grammar during the infamous Militant Grammarians of Massachusetts convention credited with helping incite the M.I.T. language riots of B.S. 1997. UNRELEASED DUE TO LITIGATION

“Widower” - B.S. Latrodectus Mactans Productions. Cosgrove Watt, Ross Reat; 35 mm; 34 minutes; black and white; sound. Shot on location in Tucson, AZ, parody of broadcast television domestic comedies, a cocaine-addicted father (Watt) leads his son (Reat) around their desert property immolating poisonous spiders. CELLULOID; INTERLACE TELENT CARTRIDGE RE-RELEASE #357-75-00 (Y.P.W.)

“Cage II” - B.S. Latrodectus Mactans Productions. Cosgrove Watt, Disney Leith; 35 mm; 34 minutes; black and white; sound. Sadistic penal authorities place a blind convict (Watt) and a deaf-mute convict (Leith) together in 'solitary confinement,’ and the two men attempt to devise ways of communicating with each other. LIMITED CELLULOID RUN; RE-RELEASED ON MAGNETIC VIDEO

“Death In Scarsdale” - B.S. Latrodectus Mactans Productions. Cosgrove Watt, Marlon R. Bain; 78 mm; 39 minutes; color; silent w/ closed-caption subtitles. Mann/Allen parody, a world-famous dermatological endocrinologist (Watt) becomes platonically obsessed with a boy (Bain) he is treating for excessive perspiration, and begins himself to suffer from excessive perspiration. UNRELEASED

“Fun With Teeth” - B.S. Latrodectus Mactans Productions. Herbert G. Birch, Billy Tolan, Pam Heath; 35 mm; 73 minutes; black and white; silent w/ non-human screams and howls. Kosinski/Updike/Peckinpah parody, a dentist (Birch) performs sixtenn unanesthetized root-canal procedures on an academic (Tolan) he suspects of involvement with his wife. MAGNETIC VIDEO, PRIVATELY RELEASED BY LATRODECTUS MACTANS PRODCUTIONS

“Infinite Jest (II)” - B.S. Latrodectus Mactans Productions. Pam Heath; 35/78 mm; 90(?) minutes; black and white; silent. Unfinished, unseen attempt at remake of Infinite Jest (I). UNRELEASED

“Immanent Domain” - B.S. Latrodectus Mactans Productions. Cosgrove Watt, Judith Fukuoka-Hearn, Pam Heath, Pamel-Sue Vorrheis, Herbert G. Birch; 35 mm; 88 minutes; black and white w/ microphotography; sound. Three memory-neurons (Fukuoka-Hearn, Heath, Voorheis…w/ polyurethane costumes) in the Inferior frontal gyrus of a man’s (Watt’s) brain fight heroically to prevent their displacement by new memory-neurons as the man undergoes intense psychoanalysis. CELLULOID; INTERLACE TELENT CARTRIDGE RE-RELEASE #340-03-70 (Y.P.W.)

“Kinds Of Pain” - B.S. Latrodectus Mactans Productions. Anonymous cast; 35/78 mm; 6 minutes; color; silent. 2,222 still-frame close-ups of middle-aged white males suffering from almost every conceivable type of pain, from an ingrown toenail to cranio-facial neuralgia to inoperable colo-rectal neoplastis. CELLULOID, LIMITED METRO BOSTON RELEASE, REQUIRES PROJECTION AT .25 NORMAL SPROCKET DRIVE

“Various Small Flames” - B.S. Latrodectus Mactans Productions. Cosgrove Watt, Pam Heath, Ken N. Johnson; 16 mm; 25 minutes w/ recursive loop for automatic replay; color; silent w/ sounds of human coitus appropriated from and credited to Caballero Control Corp. adult videos. Parody of neoconceptual structuralist films of Godbout and Vodriad, n-frame images of myriad varieties of small household flames, from lighters and birthday candles to stovetop gas rings and grass clipings ignited by sunlight through a magnifying glass, alternated with anti-narrative sequences of a man (Watt) sitting in a dark bedroom drinking bourbon while his wife Heath and an Amway representative (Johnson) have acrobatic coitus in the background’s lit hallway. UNRELEASED DUE TO LITIGATION BY 1960’S US CONCEPTUAL DIRECTOR OF “VARIOUS SMALL FIRES” ED RUSCHA- INTERLACE TELENT CARTRIDGE RE-RELEASE #330-54-94 (Y.T.S.D.B.)

“Cage III - Free Show” - B.S. Latrodectus Mactans Productions/Infernation Animation Concepts, Canada. Cosgrove Watt, P.A. Heaven, Everard Maynell, Pam Heath; partial animation; 35 mm; 65 minutes; black and white; sound. The figure of death (Heath) presides over the front entrance of a carnival sideshow whose spectators watch performers undergo unspeakable degradations so grotesquely compelling that the spectators’ eyes become larger and larger until the spectators themselves are transformed into gigantic eyeballs in chairs, while on the other side of the sideshow tent the figure of Life (Heaven) uses a megaphone to invite fairgoers to an exhibition in which, if the fairgoers consent to undergo unspeakable degradations, they can witness ordinary persons gradually turn into gigantic eyeballs. INTERLACE TELENT FEATURE CARTRIDGE #357-65-65

“The Medusa v. The Odalisque” - B.S. Latrodectus Mactans Productions. Uncredited cast; zone-plating laser holography by James O. Incadenza and Urquhart Ogilvie, Jr.; holographic fight choreography by Kenjiru Hirota courtesy of Sony Entertainment-Asia; 78 mm; 29 minutes; balck and white; silent w/ audience-noises appropriated from network broadcast television. Mobile holograms of two visually lethal mythologic females duel with reflective surfaces onstage while a live crowd of spectators turn to stone. LIMITED CELLULOID RUN; PRIVATELY RE-RELEASED ON MAGNETIC VIDEO BY LATRODECTUS MACTANS PRODUCTIONS

“The Machine In The Ghost: Annular Holography For Fun And Prophet” - B.S. Heliotrope Films, Ltd./National Film Board Of Canada. Narrator P.A. Heaven; 78 mm; 35 minutes; color; sound. Nontechnical introduction to theories of annular enhancement and zone-plating and their applications in high-resolution laser holography. UNRELEASED DUE TO US/CANADIAN DIPLOMATIC TENSIONS

“Homo Duplex” - B.S. Latrodectus Mactans Productions. Narrator P.A. Heaven; Super-8 mm; 70 minutes; black and white; sound. Parody of Woititz and Shulgin’s 'poststructual antidocumentaries,’ interviews with fourteen Americans who are named John Wayne but are not the legendary 20th-century film actor John Wayne. MAGNETIC VIDEO (LIMITED RELEASE)

“Zero-Gravity Tea Ceremony” - B.S. Latrodectus Mactans Productions. Ken N. Johnson, Judith Fukuoka-Hearn, Otto Brandt, E.J. Kenkle; 35 mm; 82 minutes; black and white/color; silent. The intricate Ocha-Kai is conducted 2.5 m. off the ground in the Johnson Space Center’s zero-gravity-simulation chamber. CELLULOID; INTERLACE TELENT RE-RELEASE #357-40-01 (Y.P.W.)

“Pre-Nuptial Agreement Of Heaven And Hell” - B.S. Latrodectus Mactans Productions/Infernation Animation Concepts, Canada. Animated w/ uncredited voices; 35 mm; 59 minutes; color; sound. God and Satan play poker with Tarot cards for the soul of an alcoholic sandwich-bag salesman obsessed with Bernini’s 'The Ecstacy Of St. Teresa.’ PRIVATELY RELEASED ON CELLULOID AND MAGNETIC VIDEO BY LATRODECTUS MACTANS PRODUCTIONS

“The Joke” - B.S. Latrodectus Mactans Productions. Audience as reflected cast; 35 mm x 2 cameras; variable length; black and white; silent. Parody of Hollis Frampton’s 'audience-specific events,’ two Ikegami EC-35 video cameras in the theater record the 'film’s’ audience and project the resultant raster onto screen - the theater audience watching itself watch itself get the obvious 'joke’ and become increasingly self-conscious and uncomfortable and hostile supposedly comprises the film’s involuted 'anti-narrative’ flow. Incadenza'a first truly controversial project, Film & Kartridge Kultcher’s Sperber credited it with 'unwittingly sounding the death-knell of post-poststructual film in terms of sheer annoyance.’ NON-RECORDED MAGNETIC VIDEO SCREENABLE IN THEATER VENUE ONLY, NOW UNRELEASED

“Various Lachrymose U.S. Corporate Middle-Management Figures” - Unfinished. UNRELEASED

“Every Inch Of Disney Leith” - B.S. Latrodectus Mactans Productions/Medical Imagery Of Alberta, Ltd. Disney Leith; computer-enlarged 35 mm/x 2 m; 253 minutes; color; silent. Miniaturized, endoscopic, and microinvasive cameras traverse entire exterior and interior of one of Incadenza'a technical crew as he sits on a folded serape in the Boston Common listening to a public forum on uniform North American metricization. PRIVATE RELEASE ON MAGNETIC VIDEO BY LATRODECTUS MACTANS PRODUCTIONS; INTERLACE TELENT RE-RELEASE #357-56-34 (Y.P.W.)

“Infinite Jest (III)” - B.S. Latrodectus Mactans Productions. Uncredited cast; 16/35 mm; color; sound. Unfinished, unseen remake of Infinite Jest (I) (II). UNRELEASED

“Found Drama I”

“Found Drama II”

“The Man Who Began To Suspect He Was Made Of Glass” - Year of the Whopper. Latrodectus Mactans Productions. Cosgrove Watt, Gerhardt Schtitt; 35 mm; 21 minutes; black and white; sound. A man undergoing intensive psychotherapy discovers that he is brittle, hollow, and transparent to others, and becomes either transcendentally enlightened or schizophrenic. INTERLACE TELENT FEATURE CARTRIDGE #357-59-00

“Found Drama V”

“The American Century As Seen Through A Brick” - Year of the Whopper. Latrodectus Mactans Productions. Documentary cast w/ narration by P.A. Heaven; 35 mm; 52 minutes; color w/ red filter and oscillophotography; silent w/ narration. As U.S. Boston’s historical Back Bay streets are stripped of brick and repaved with polymerized cement, the resultant career of one stripped brick is followed, from found-art temporary installation to displacement by E.W.D. catapult to a waste-quarry in southern Quebec to its use in the F.L.Q.-incited anti-O.N.A.N. riots of January/Whopper, all intercut with ambiguous shots of human thumb’s alterations in the interference pattern of a plucked string. PRIVATELY RELEASED ON MAGNETIC VIDEO BY LATRODECTUS MACTANS PRODUCTIONS

“The ONANtiad” - Year Of The Whopper. Latrodectus Mactans Productions/Claymation action sequences Infernation Animation Concepts, Canada. Cosgrove Watt, P.A. Heaven, Pam Heath, Ken N. Johnosn, Ibn-Said Chawaf, Squyre Frydell, Marla-Dean Chumm, Herbert G. Birch, Everard Meynell; 35 mm; 76 minutes; black and white/color; sound/silent. Oblique, obesessive, and not very funny claymation love triangle played out against live-acted backdrop of the inception of North American Interdependence and Continental Reconfiguration. PRIVATELY RELEASED ON MAGNETIC VIDEO BY LATRODECTUS MACTANS PRODUCTIONS

“The Universe Lashes Out” - Year of the Whopper. Latrodectus Mactans Productions. Documentary cast w/ narrator Herbert G. Birch; 16 mm; 28 minutes; color; silent w/ narration. Documentary on the evacuation of Atkinson, NH/New Quebec at the inception of Continental Reconfiguration. MAGNETIC VIDEO (LIMITED RELEASE)

“Poultry In Motion” - Year of the Whopper. Latrodectus Mactans Productions. Documentary cast w/ narrator P.A. Heaven; 16 mm; 56 minutes; color; silent w/ narration. Documentary on renegade North Syracuse, NNY, turkey farmers’ bid to prevent toxification of Thanksgiving crop by commandeering long, shiny O.N.A.N. trucks to transplant over 200,000 pertussive fowl south to Ithaca. MAGNETIC VIDEO (LIMITED RELEASE)

“Found Drama IX”

“Found Drama X”

“Mobius Strips” - Year of the Whopper. Latrodectus Mactans Productions. 'Hugh G. Rection’, Pam Heath, 'Bunny Day’, 'Taffy Appel’; 35 mm; 109 minutes; black and white; sound. Pornography-parody, possible parodic homage to Fosse’s All That Jazz, in which a theoretical physicist ('Rection’), who can only achieve creative mathematical insight during coitus, conceives of Death as a lethally beautiful woman (Heath). INTERLACE TELENT FEATURE CARTRIDGE #357-65-32 (Y.W.)

“Wave Bye-Bye To The Bureaucrat” - Year of the Whopper. Latrodectus Mactans Productions. Everard Maynell, Phillip T. Smothergill, Paul Anthony Heaven, Pamel-Sue Voorheis; 16 mm; 19 minutes; black and white; sound. Possible parody/homage to B.S. public-service announcement cycle of Church Of Jesus Christ Of Latter-Day Saints, a harried commuter is mistaken for Christ by a child he knocks over.

“Blood Sister: One Tough Nun” - Year of the Tucks Medicated Pad. Latrodectus Mactans Productions. Telma Hurley, Pam Heath, Marla-Dean Chumm, Dianne Saltoone, Soma Richardson-Levy, Cosgrove Watt; 35 mm; 90 minutes; color; sound. Parody of revenge/recidivism action genre, a formerly delinquent nun’s (Hurley’s) failure to reform a juvenile delinquent (Chumm) leads to a rampage of recidivist revenge. INTERLACE TELENT PULSE-DISSEMINATION 21 JULY Y.T.M.P., CARTRIDGE #357-87-04

“Infinite Jest (IV)” - Year of the Tucks Medicated Pad. Latrodectus Mactans Productions. Pam Heath (?), 'Madame Psychosis’ (?); 78 mm; 90 minutes (?); color; sound. Unfinished, unseen attempt at completion of Infinite Jest (III). UNRELEASED

“Let There Be Lite” - Year of the Tucks Medicated Pad. Poor Yorick Entertainment Unlimited. Documentary cast w/ narrator Ken N. Johnson; 16 mm; 50 minutes (?); black and white; silent w/ narration. Unfinished documentary on genesis of reduced-calorie bourbon industry. UNRELEASED

“No Troy” - Year of the Whopper. Latrodectus Mactans Productions. No cast; liquid-surface holography by Urquhart Ogilvie Jr.; 35 mm; 7 minutes; enhanced color; silent. Scale-model holographic recreation of Troy, NY’s, bombardment by miscalibrated Waste Displacement Vehicles, and its subsequent elimination by O.N.A.N. cartographers. MAGNETIC VIDEO (PRIVATE RELEASE LIMITED TO NEW BRUNSWICK, ALBERTA, QUEBEC) Note: Archivists in Canada and the U.S. West Coast do not list No Troy but do list titles The Violet City and The Violet Ex-City, respectively, leading scholars to conclude that the same film was released under several different appellations.

“Valuable Coupon Has Been Removed” - Year of the Tucks Medicated Pad. Poor Yorick Entertainment Unlimited. Cosgrove Watt, Phillip T. Smothergill, Dianne Saltoone; 16 mm; 52 minutes; color; silent. Possible Scandinavian psychodrama parody, a boy helps his alcoholic-delusional father and disassociated mother dismantle their bed to search for rodents, and later he intuits the future feasibility of D.T.-cycle lithiumized annular fusion. CELLULOID (UNRELEASED)

“Baby Pictures Of Famous Dictators” - Year of the Tucks Medicated Pad. Poor Yorick Entertainment Unlimited. Documentary or uncredited cast w/ narrator P.A. Heaven; 16 mm; 45 minutes; black and white; sound. Children and adolescents play a nearly incomprehnsible nuclear strategy game with tennis equipment against a real or holographic (?) backdrop of sabotaged ATHSCME 1900 atmospheric displacement towers exploding and toppling during the New New England Chemical Emergency of Y.W. CELLULOID (UNRELEASED)

“Stand Behind The Men Behind The Wire” - Year of the Tucks Medicated Pad. Poor Yorick Entertainment Unlimited. Documentary cast w/ narrator Soma Richardson-Levy; Super-8 mm; 52 minutes; black and white/color; sound. Shot on location north of Lowell, MA, documentary on Essex County Sheriff’s Dept. and Massachusetts Department Of Social Services’ expedition to track, verify, capture, or propitiate the outsized feral infant alleged to have crushed, gummed, or picked up and dropped over a dozen residents of Lowell in January, Y.T.M.P. INTERLACE TELENT CARTRIDGE #357-12-56

“As Of Yore” - Year of the Tucks Medicated Pad. Poor Yorick Entertainment Unlimited. Cosgrove Watt, Marlon Bain; 16/78 mm; 181 minutes; black and white/color; sound. A middle-aged tennis instructor, preparing to instruct his son in tennis, becomes intoxicated in the family’s garage and subjects his son to a rambling monologue while the son weeps and perspires. INTERLACE TELENT CARTRIDGE #357-16-09

“Good-Looking Men In Small Clever Rooms That Utilize Every Centimeter Of Available Space With Mind-Boggling Efficiency” - Unfinished due to hospitalization. UNRELEASED

“Low-Temperature Civics” - Year of the Tucks Medicated Pad. Poor Yorick Entertainment Unlimited. Cosgrove Watt, Herbert G. Birch, Ken N. Johnson, Soma Richardson-Levy, Everard Maynell, 'Madame Psychosis’, Phillip T. Smothergill, Paul Anthony Heaven; 35 mm; 80 minutes; black and white; sound. Wyler parody in which four sons (Birch, Johnson, Maynell, Smothergill) intrigue for control of a sandwich-bag conglomerate after their CEO father (Watt) has an ecstatic encounter with Death ('Psychosis’) and becomes irreversibly catatonic. NATIONAL DISSEMINATION IN INTERLACE TELENT’S 'CALALCADE OF EVIL’ SERIES - JANUARY/YEAR OF TRIAL-SIZED DOVE BAR - AND INTERLACE TELENT CARTRIDGE #357-89-05

“(At Least) Three Cheers For Cause And Effect” - Year of the Tucks Medicated Pad. Poor Yorick Entertainment Unlimited. Cosgrove Watt, Pam Heath, 'Hugh G. Rection’; 78 mm; 26 minutes; black and white; sound. The headmaster of a newly constructed high-altitude sports academy (Watt) becomes neurotically obsessed with litigation over the construction’s ancillary damage to a V.A. hospital far below, as a way of diverting himself from his wife’s (Heath’s) poorly hidden affair with the academically renowned mathematical topologist who is acting as the project’s architect ('Rection’). CELLULOID (UNRELEASED)

“(The) Desire To Desire” - Year of the Tucks Medicated Pad. Poor Yorick Entertainment Unlimited. Robert Lingley, 'Madame Psychosis’, Marla-Dean Chumm; 35 mm; 99 minutes (?); black and white; silent. A pathology resident (Lingley) falls in love with a beautiful cadaver ('Psychosis’) and the paralyzed sister (Chumm) she died rescuing from the attack of an oversized feral infant. Listed by some archivists as unfinished. UNRELEASED

“Safe Boating Is No Accident” - Year of the Tucks Medicated Pad (?) Poor Yorick Entertainment Unlimited/X-Ray and Infrared Photography by Shuco-Mist Medical Pressure Systems, Enfield, MA. Ken N. Johnson, 'Madame Psychosis’, P.A. Heaven. Kierkegaard/Lynch (?) parody, a claustrophobic water-ski instructor (Johnson), struggling with his romantic conscience after his fiancee’s ('Psychosis’s’) face is grotesquely mangled by an outboard propeller, becomes trapped in an overcrowded hospital elevator with a defrocked Trappist monk, two overcombed missionaries for the Church Of Jesus Christ Of Latter-Day Saints, an enigmatic fitness guru, the Massachusetts State Commissioner for Beach and Water Safety, and seven severely intoxicated opticians with silly hats and exploding cigars. Listed by some archivists as completed the following year, Y.T.-S.D.B. UNRELEASED

“Very Low Impact” - Year of the Tucks Medicated Pad. Poor Yorick Entertainment Unlimited. Marla-Dean Chumm, Pam Heath, Soma Richardson-Levy-O'Byrne; 35 mm; 30 minutes; color; sound. A narcoleptic aerobics instructor (Chumm) struggles to hide her condition from students and employers. POSTHUMOUS RELEASE Y.W.-Q.M.D.; INTERLACE TELENT CARTRIDGE #357-97-29

“The Night Wears a Sombrero” - Year of the Tucks Medicated Pad (?) Ken N. Johnson, Phillip T. Smothergill, Dianne Saltoone, 'Madame Psychosis’; 78 mm; 105 minutes; color; silent/sound. Parody/homage to Lang’s Rancho Notorious, a nearsighted apprentice cowpoke (Smothergill), swearing vengeance for a gunslinger’s (Johnson’s) rape of what he (the cowpoke) is secretly in love with, loses the trail of the gunslinger after misreading a road sign and is drawn to a sinister Mexican ranch where Oedipally aggrieved gunslingers are ritually blinded by a mysterious veiled nun ('Psychosis’). Listed by some archivists as completed the preceding year, Y.W. INTERLACE TELENT CARTRIDGE #357-56-51

“Accomplice!” - Year of the Tucks Medicated Pad. Poor Yorick Entertainment Unlimited. Cosgrove Watt, Stokely 'Dark Star’ McNair; 16 mm; 26 minutes; color; sound. An aging pederast mutilates himself out of love for a strangely tattooed street hustler. INTERLACE TELENT CARTRIDGE #357-10-10 withdrawn from dissemination after Cartridge Scene reviewers called Accomplice! ’…the stupidest, nastiest, least subtle and worst-edited product of a pretentious and wretchedly uneven career.’ NOW UNRELEASED

“Dial C For Concupiscence” - Year of the Trial-Size Dove Bar. Poor Yorick Entertainment Unlimited. Soma Richardson-Levy-O'Byrne, Marla-Dean Chumm, Ibn-Said Chawaf, Yves Francouer; 35 mm; 122 minutes; black and white; silent w/ subtitles. Parodic noir-style tribute to Bresson’s Les Anges du Peche’, a cellular phone operator (Richardson-Levy-O'Byrne), mistaken by a Quebecois terrorist (Francouer) for another cellular phone operator (Chumm) the FLQ had mistakenly tried to assassinate, mistakes his mistaken attempts to apologize as attempts to assassinate her (Richardson-Levy-O'Byrne) and flees to a bizarre Islamic religious community whose members communicate with each other by means of semaphore flags, where she falls in love with an armless Near Eastern medical attache’ (Chawaf). RELEASED IN INTERLACE TELENT’S 'HOWLS FROM THE MARGIN’ UNDERGROUND FILM SERIES - MARCH/Y.T.-S.D.B. - AND INTERLACE TELENT CARTRIDGE #357-75-43

“Insubstantial Country” - Year of the Trial-Size Dove Bar. Poor Yorick Entertainment Unlimited. Cosgrove Watt; 16 mm; 30 minutes; black and white; silent/sound. An unpopular apres-garde filmmaker (Watt) either suffers a temporal lobe seizure and becomes mute or else is the victim of everyone else’s delusion that his (Watt’s) temporal lobe seizure has left him mute. PRIVATE CARTRIDGE RELEASE BY POOR YORICK ENTERTAINMENT UNLIMITED

“It Was A Great Marvel That He Was In The Father Without Knowing Him” - Year of the Trial-Size Dove Bar. Poor Yorick Entertainment Unlimited. Cosgrove Watt, Phillip T. Smothergill; 16 mm; 5 minutes; black and white; silent/sound. A father (Watt), suffering from the delusion that his etymologically precocious son (Smothergill) is pretending to be mute, poses as a 'professional conversationalist’ in order to draw the boy out. RELEASED IN INTERLACE TELENT’S 'HOWLS FROM THE MARGIN’ UNDERGROUND FILM SERIES - MARCH/Y.T.-S.D.B. - AND INTERLACE TELENT CARTRIDGE #357-75-50

“The Film Adaptation Of Peter Weiss’s 'The Persecution And Assassination Of Marat As Performed By The Inmates Of The Asylum At Charenton Under The Direction Of The Marquis de Sade’” - Year of the Trial-Size Dove Bar. Poor Yorick Entertainment Unlimited. James O. Incadenza, Disney Leith, Urquhart Ogilvie Jr., Jane Ann Prickett, Herbert G. Birch, 'Madame Psychosis’, Marla-Dean Chumm, Marlon Bain, Pam Heath, Soma Richardson-Levy-O'Byrne-Chawaf, Ken N. Johnson, Dianne Saltoone; Super-8 mm; 88 minutes; black and white; silent/sound. Fictional 'interactive documentary’ on Boston stage production of Weiss’s 20th-century play within play, in which the documentary’s chemically impaired director (Incadenza) repeatedly interupts the inmates’ dumbshow-capering and Marat and Sade’s dialogues to discourse incoherently on the implications of Brando’s Method Acting and Artaud’s Theatre of Cruelty for North American filmed entertainment, irritating the actor who plays Marat (Leith) to such an extent that he has a cerebral hemorrhage and collapses onstage well before Marat’s scripted death, whereupon the play’s nearsighted director (Ogilvie), mistaking the actor who plays Sade (Johnson) for Incadenza, throws Sade into Marat’s medicinal bath and throttles him to death, whereupon the extra-dramatic figure of Death ('Psychosis’) descends deus ex machina to bear Marat (Leith) and Sade (Johnson) away, while Incadenza becomes ill all over the theater audience’s first row. 8 MM SYNC-PROJECTION CELLULOID. UNRELEASED DUE TO LITIGATION, HOSPITALIZATION

“Infinite Jest (V?)” - Year of the Trial-Size Dove Bar. Poor Yorick Entertainment Unlimited. 'Madame Psychosis’; no other definitive data. Thorny problem for archivists. Incandenza’s last film, Incandenza’s death occurring during its post-production. Most archival authorities list as unfinished, unseen. Some list as completion of Infinite Jest (IV), for which Incandenza also used 'Psychosis’, thus list the film under Incandenza’s output for Y.T.M.P. Though no scholarly synopsis or report of viewing exists, two short essays in different issues of Cartridge Quarterly East refer to the film as 'extraordinary’ and 'far and away [James O. Incandenza’s] most entertaining and compelling work.’ West Coast archivists list the film’s gauge as '16…78 mm’, basing the gauge on critical allusions to 'radical experiments in viewers’ optical perspective and context’ as IJ (V?)'s distinctive feature. Though Canadian archivist Tete-Beche lists the film as completed and privately distributed by P.Y.E.U. through posthumous provisions in the filmmaker’s will, all other comprehensive filmographies have the film either unfinished or UNRELEASED, its Master cartridge either destroyed or vaulted sui testator.

:yeah: that's not from broom though

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Squashing Machine
Jul 5, 2005

I mean boning, the wild mambo, the hunka chunka
DID YOU KNOW?: If you stacked copies of David Foster Wallace's Infinite Jest one on top of the other, you would only have to stack 493 copies before someone from Salon.com would write an op-ed about how you're one of those "lit-bros"

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

E1M1 posted:

“Found Drama I”

“Found Drama II”

“Found Drama V”

“Found Drama IX”

“Found Drama X”

:same:

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich
I'll take none.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Gatekeeper posted:

And a lil house for them, a lil two story fuzzy rug covered house with scratchy boards and jinglers and kookadoos and menalopeas

you are my new favorite cat lady.
Don't tell my great aunt mae :ssh:

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
I'm workin in an epic piece called "The Bible" boy is it gonna cause some pranks!

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy
in all seriousness writing fiction is gay and pointless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE
Does the Broom of the System do any butt pounding?
If so, you might be on to something.

• Locked thread