Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

inflatable fish posted:

log in between today and Monday the 9th to get a heap of free poo poo for AR's 1-year anniversary \o/

Thanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Hello dead Atlas Reactor thread, a game I still play and love. Pretty much everything in the store is 50% off for the rest of the year, so just FYI. Try this game if you haven't, well bye.

Nickiepoo
Jun 24, 2013
Oh yeah this is a thing that exists.

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

I just rediscovered it as well, forgot how great it is.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Every other month I play several dozen matches, really enjoy it and then just suddenly don't play more of it. I'm fine with that but I also wish it weren't the case, because it's probably the best MP strategy game in a very long time.

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Anyone have some good effort posting about strategy in this game? Either general or hero-specific would be great.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I love this dead game, I bought the "unlock all heroes forever" thing and have yet to pplllay a hero I didn't enjoy. Bomb dudes are my favorite.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Turtlicious posted:

I love this dead game, I bought the "unlock all heroes forever" thing and have yet to pplllay a hero I didn't enjoy. Bomb dudes are my favorite.

Grem has the best taunts. And I feel like the game suffers do to the glyph launcher. The population is healthy and has gone up, but it looks terrible on steam charts because it can't see the people playing it.

Signal posted:

Anyone have some good effort posting about strategy in this game? Either general or hero-specific would be great.

Tiggarius has some nice guides

My basic tips would be:

1) staying alive is just as important as getting kills
2) do not be shy about using your dash/catalyst to accomplish #1, even if it's turn 3
3) Frontliners aren't "tanks", their job is to provide vision to the rest of the team, try to stay in cover and minimize damage.
4) Actually, always be in cover if you can, cover is important which is why slow is better than root, it gets people out of cover when they move.
5) don't sticky bomb on turn 20.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
I am bad at realtime MOBAs but this sounds awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Eltoasto posted:

Grem has the best taunts. And I feel like the game suffers do to the glyph launcher. The population is healthy and has gone up, but it looks terrible on steam charts because it can't see the people playing it.

Tiggarius has some nice guides

My basic tips would be:

1) staying alive is just as important as getting kills
2) do not be shy about using your dash/catalyst to accomplish #1, even if it's turn 3
3) Frontliners aren't "tanks", their job is to provide vision to the rest of the team, try to stay in cover and minimize damage.
4) Actually, always be in cover if you can, cover is important which is why slow is better than root, it gets people out of cover when they move.
5) don't sticky bomb on turn 20.

Great, thank you!

• Locked thread