Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Speaking of sketching and slice of life, Sketchbook is still somewhat irregularly getting updates, and it's up to Vol 14 - which is the final volume, so there's hope that it'll actually end up completely scanlated at some point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i kind of dig friday at the atelier. during the modeling sessions, they are both all business and it is very unsexy. it is only once they are off the clock that the egotist male lead grapples with his infatuation with the space case female lead.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

BlankSystemDaemon posted:

Speaking of sketching and slice of life, Sketchbook is still somewhat irregularly getting updates, and it's up to Vol 14 - which is the final volume, so there's hope that it'll actually end up completely scanlated at some point.

Hmm, that's one of my favorite anime from back when I was getting into it for the second time. I've occasionally gone back and rewatched it, but never considered looking up the manga. How's it been, long-term?

Also, the coincidence of this being mentioned the day after I come across a Lucky Star YTPMV that reminded me I wanted to hunt down a way to read that manga and see if it's adult aged follow-up ever materialized, is quite something.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Onean posted:

Hmm, that's one of my favorite anime from back when I was getting into it for the second time. I've occasionally gone back and rewatched it, but never considered looking up the manga. How's it been, long-term?

Also, the coincidence of this being mentioned the day after I come across a Lucky Star YTPMV that reminded me I wanted to hunt down a way to read that manga and see if it's adult aged follow-up ever materialized, is quite something.
I've no clue, I haven't read it as it isn't completed yet - the conversation about sketching just reminded me to check on its status, since like you I quite liked the anime and have rewatched it several times.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
New chapter of School Back and while it's not the main point of the chapter. I loathe how social media encourages people to just treat what is clearly something criminal as a spectator sport for their own amusement. It's a terrible permutation of the Bystander effect and you'd think with so many phones, someone would have called the cops or the station attendants but nope. Gotta watch some High Schooler stomp a mudhole in some pervert and put it up with a smarmy comment

doomrider7 posted:

I'm getting sad flashbacks of Rough Sketch Senpai getting axed.

Wasn't it like 3 of his serializations getting cancelled back to back? I feel really bad for Onio

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Brought To You By posted:

New chapter of School Back and while it's not the main point of the chapter. I loathe how social media encourages people to just treat what is clearly something criminal as a spectator sport for their own amusement. It's a terrible permutation of the Bystander effect and you'd think with so many phones, someone would have called the cops or the station attendants but nope. Gotta watch some High Schooler stomp a mudhole in some pervert and put it up with a smarmy comment

Wasn't it like 3 of his serializations getting cancelled back to back? I feel really bad for Onio

Yeah. Sad irony is that with the upsurge of media with gal/gyaru leads, that one would stood more of a chance.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
Latest skip and loafer hits good. Love the author's ability to sketch out these true to life feelings and situations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
I bought the first volume of Adult Picture Book New Edition on a whim and I’m really interested in seeing where it goes.

The premise is that the mc’s old friend from art school suddenly died and leaves his four year old daughter with the mc. When doing his taxes, he meets a lady who looks a lot like his old friend so he suddenly proposes to her, and she accepts.

It’s kinda Spy X Family but without the spy stuff?

Anyways, what’s really interesting to me is how the mc is basically doing everything in an emotional daze—he realizes that it’s all nuts but can’t help himself. He was also explicitly in love with the (male) friend, and the manga does a good job balancing flashbacks of his time with the friend and what’s happening in the modern day.

The kid is also very cute and pretty believably four, although I wish she was more of a handful. She is remarkably chill with her life suddenly turning on its head.

All in all, I really liked the first volume and will definitely read more