Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tek_munk
Feb 10, 2007
Problem description: I recently upgraded multiple parts. The motherboard, processor, ram, psu, and case. When I'm on the desktop and just web-browsing, I'm fine. But if I'm in a game, whether it's world of warcraft, overwatch, or league of legends, I am able to play for maybe 10-30 minutes before my computer locks up and freezes, requiring a hard reboot. I've also received the blue screen "A clock interrupt was not received on a secondary processor within the allocated time interval" twice.

Attempted fixes: WI've tried turning off power saver mode in Windows, re-installing the games, re-installing motherboard drivers/chipsets, re-installing gpu drivers, upgrading to Win10, and running Memtest (100% with no errors).

Recent changes: The motherboard, processor, ram, and psu are all new. GPU is about a year and a half old, HDD maybe two.
--

Operating system: Win10 64-bit

System specs:
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6600K CPU @ 3.50GHz.

Memory: Kingston Technology HyperX FURY Black 16 GB Kit CL15 DIMM DDR4 2400 MT/s Internal Memory.

MOBO: Gigabyte LGA 1151 Z170 2-Way SLI UEFI DualBIOS ATX DDR4 ATX DDR4 NA GA-Z170XP-SLI

Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660

Case: DIYPC Solar-M1-R Black/Red SECC ATX Mid Tower USB 3.0 Gaming Computer Case w/ 2 x 120mm Red Fans

HDD: Toshiba 1TB internal

PSU: Thermaltake TOUGHPOWER 750W 80 PLUS GOLD Semi Modular Power Supply

I have Googled and read the FAQ: Yes. I wanted to check here before I took it to a tech. One of the many things I've read it could be is a faulty processor chip, but I wanted to check before I take it in.

tek_munk fucked around with this message at 12:48 on Sep 4, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Did you reinstall the OS after changing motherboards? If not, that can cause a lot of stability issues.

tek_munk
Feb 10, 2007

Zogo posted:

Did you reinstall the OS after changing motherboards? If not, that can cause a lot of stability issues.

Yup, HDD was wiped clean and Win7 was reinstalled.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Some initial things to do:

-Check CPU temperatures when playing a game using:
https://www.hwinfo.com/download.php

-Make sure you're on the latest motherboard BIOS.

-Run the portable zip edition of CDI to check HD health:
http://crystalmark.info/download/index-e.html

If CPU temperatures, HD health are okay and you're on the latest BIOS and still having the freezing/BIOS errors I'd try using onboard video temporarily.

• Locked thread