Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Solar Tornado

A true fool keeps on fighting, even when there is no more glory to be gained
Seeing as how you write endings i need help ending my play, in which there is a man monologing on his death-bed how his life was wasted pining for a girl that works as a secretary to one of his colleagues. Wanting her as his secretary, he murders his old one(described as a middle aged gossipy lady that is thrice divorced), and proceeds to poison the coffee of his colleague. But in an ironic twist of fate is accidentaly given to the secretary to drink, and later die.

I want to give this play a nice twist ending. Not something completely random, but more of an "a-ha" moment that could've been forseen if you were to watch it a second time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alnilam

He actually drank the poisoned coffee himself and the whole rest of his life was a hallucination of his guilty dying mind in the last moments of his life

alnilam

I call it the "it was all a dream" ending and i don't think it's ever been done before

Ahundredbux

The right to bear arms
the secretary had a girlfriend

Ace of Baes

FactsAreUseless posted:

Captain America turns to the camera. "Do you think Nick Fury survived? Text FURY to 99163."

omg lol

Ace of Baes
(shadowy figurd with a robotic arm tied to a wooden chair)
UNKNOWN MAN: Ill wip you apawt!!
Nick Fury: Welcome back, Denisov.

misty mountaintop

by Hand Knit

Solar Tornado posted:

Seeing as how you write endings i need help ending my play, in which there is a man monologing on his death-bed how his life was wasted pining for a girl that works as a secretary to one of his colleagues. Wanting her as his secretary, he murders his old one(described as a middle aged gossipy lady that is thrice divorced), and proceeds to poison the coffee of his colleague. But in an ironic twist of fate is accidentaly given to the secretary to drink, and later die.

I want to give this play a nice twist ending. Not something completely random, but more of an "a-ha" moment that could've been forseen if you were to watch it a second time.

The secretary he was pining for knew the coffee was poisoned, but drank it anyway because she had an undisclosed terminal illness and was in love with the man but knew they could never be together.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

weed cat

weed cat is back, and he loves to suck dick

:sueme:

Solar Tornado posted:

Not sure but it should definitely close with Tubthumpin by Chumbawumba

Ahundredbux

The right to bear arms

garbage owl posted:

Not sure but it should definitely close with Tubthumpin by Chumbawumba

Palpek

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

"Tubthumping" was voted as the second-best single of 1997 on The Village Voice's Pazz & Jop annual critics' poll, after Hanson's "MMMBop" [citation needed]

FactsAreUseless

For the first time in ten years, Sgt. Al Powell reached for his pistol. The world felt slow, oozing, as he saw the man with the rifle step out from the crowd. His friend John was in trouble. He pulled the gun from its holster. In his head, he could hear music. Quietly, hidden behind the rush of blood in his ears. Then louder, fading in as he pulled the trigger.

Cue: Tubthumping by Chumbawumba. Powell and McClane high-five while Holly Genero-McClane sings the backup bit, about "pissing the night away." Argyle DJs.

google THIS

"That's a noise," grinned the Grinch, "that I simply must hear!"
He paused, and the Grinch put a hand to his ear.

And he did hear a sound rising over the snow.
It started in low, then it started to grow.

I get knocked down, but I get up again
You are never gonna keep me down
I get knocked down, but I get up again
You are never gonna keep me down...

But this sound wasn't sad!
Why, this sound sounded glad!

Every Who down in Whoville, the tall and the small,
Was singing, without any winning at all!

And what happened then? Well, in Whoville they say
That the Grinch's small liver grew three sizes that day!

Solar Tornado

A true fool keeps on fighting, even when there is no more glory to be gained
I have another story that needs an end, seeing as how I like writing stories but never get around to finishing them this thread is perfect for me :D

It's a whodunit thriller about an alcoholic city detective called to a small town to solve a murder of a teenaged girl. This is played up because the girl resembles the detective's long lost daughter, thought to have been lost in the woods - and later declared dead. The townspeople all have different personal relationships with the girl, some lewd, some exploitive, some violent - painting the girl as deeply disturbed, and the town as unsettling.

I want the end to have a disturbing vibe to go with the rest of the story, but would rather not have it end as "the whole town's a cult" thing because that has a cheap feel to it.

I Was The Fury

Always stop to smell the flowers, just in case they're weeds

Solar Tornado posted:

I have another story that needs an end, seeing as how I like writing stories but never get around to finishing them this thread is perfect for me :D

It's a whodunit thriller about an alcoholic city detective called to a small town to solve a murder of a teenaged girl. This is played up because the girl resembles the detective's long lost daughter, thought to have been lost in the woods - and later declared dead. The townspeople all have different personal relationships with the girl, some lewd, some exploitive, some violent - painting the girl as deeply disturbed, and the town as unsettling.

I want the end to have a disturbing vibe to go with the rest of the story, but would rather not have it end as "the whole town's a cult" thing because that has a cheap feel to it.

A group dance breaks out to Tubthumping, obviously.

On a more serious note, you can have it be that the girl never actually died but was using microwave radiation being broadcast from her ~hacked~ cellphone to mind control everyone in the town to d her bidding and to make then seem like gross scum

Music Theory

Solar Tornado posted:

The detective gets possessed by a demon and the story ends.

misty mountaintop

by Hand Knit

Music Theory posted:

The detective gets possessed by a demon and the story ends.

A subsequent movie just makes things more confusing.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

google THIS

Solar Tornado posted:

the detective has followed the killer's trail deep into the woods. his heart pounds, and he jumps at the slightest noise. finally he comes upon a clearing lit by a huge bonfire, and there he sees his long-lost daughter, together with all of the townspeople...and ashton kutcher.

"you got punk'd!" he shouts, and everyone laughs. the detective stands with his hands on his hips, shaking his head and wearing a sportsmanlike "you got me good" smirk. then everyone starts jamming to the closing credits song, which is, of course, "wannabe" by the spice girls

alnilam

google THIS posted:

the detective has followed the killer's trail deep into the woods. his heart pounds, and he jumps at the slightest noise. finally he comes upon a clearing lit by a huge bonfire, and there he sees his long-lost daughter, together with all of the townspeople...and ashton kutcher.

"you got punk'd!" he shouts, and everyone laughs. the detective stands with his hands on his hips, shaking his head and wearing a sportsmanlike "you got me good" smirk. then everyone starts jamming to the closing credits song, which is, of course, "wannabe" by the spice girls

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

google THIS posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boomzilla

The DHs swarms the office block! They storm past the unoccupied frint desk with the big Huffington Post lsign behind it into a darkened open plan office. On the far end, a head of bright red hair lifts, cats eye glasses gleam, and a few chins are illuminated by the bluish light of a monitor. Her mouth stretches into an enraged 'OOOOO" as guns are drawn.

View shifts to outside the windows, then zooms, excitingly, through san fransisco to a suburban oakland home. View shifts again as the drone lands on the roof, then pans to and thru a basement window, where our hero removes his drone goggles and hacker gloves, smirks, takes a drink of Mountain Dew Livewire, runs his fingres thru his lixuriant neckbeard, and falls back onto his futon, clutching his waifu, a Kaname body pillow, close. "Score one for the rights of men everywhere" he mutters all gravelly and loving rad, as he falls into a much deserved slumber

• Locked thread