Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

What chu gonna do BAYbay BAYbay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

Tiny Lowtax posted:

What chu gonna do BAYbay BAYbay

you are... A ROBOT

dookifex_maximus
Aug 10, 2016

by zen death robot

Inzombiac posted:

she took it away to begin with because she thought it would be funny.

lol owned

skeletonotherkin
Sep 26, 2014

dookifex_maximus posted:

i hold it on very good authority that la sexorcisto is a much better album because Thunderkiss 65 is their best song by an incredible margin

Who cares, rob and his bro both owe a sit load of cred to Foetus and Wiseblood.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Iron Prince posted:

they did a cover of relax for hit Ben stiller film zoolander

unironically, no loving poo poo

Serak
Jun 18, 2000

Approaching Midnight.
I have my 15-year sobriety chip from having purchased Powerman 5000 albums

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

ive been drinking beers, and i googled "free powerman 5k." idk if i regret it or not

Murray Mantoinette
Jun 11, 2005

THE  POSTS  MUST  FLOW
Clapping Larry

amityville anus posted:

RIP Slim Jim guy

You either die a Wayne Static or you live long enough to see yourself become a Powerman.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches
Don't they sing When Worlds Collide, based off that Seinfeld episode?

Jesustheastronaut!
Mar 9, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
Ooooooo I'm so mad. You'd better watch the sky for me OP

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
Suck my 5000 dicks you power man

- Lovey Banh

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.
I liked that one song, worlds collide. I think it was one of their singles? Anyway loud, intense music helps me concentrate and I was once doing debate pairings (figuring out who debates who) for our anual debate tournament we hosted in high school. It is somewhat complex. There are all these rules like kids from the same school cant debate each other but you need to stick as close as you can to the prelims seed values blah blah blah. I'd crank some metal or goth industrial or w/e up to max on my ipod and just utterly destroy that poo poo.

My coach came up to me and her lips were moving. Worlds collide was on. I took off my headphones and was like, "im working here. What." and she was all like "the rest of the room can clearly hear your lovely music its TOO LOUD." So I turned it down a little and continued my pairings. :smug: "wake up" came up on the playlist after that. RIP rage against the machine.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
THey kNow whO YOu ArE!

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

ROFLburger posted:

powerman 500. lol. im not gonna touch you

Not gonna touch a Power Fan? What are you, some kinda pretty girl without major mental illness?

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Booblord Zagats posted:

Not gonna touch a Power Fan? What are you, some kinda pretty girl without major mental illness?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fan_death

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
meshuggah is clearly the epitome of metal u see :fuckoff:

Mahuum Aqoha
Jan 15, 2004

SHEPARD!
Do it for the universe!
Fun Shoe

Inzombiac posted:

REAL STORY TIME

I bought their CD on a while when I was a kid. My mom saw that it had an Explicit Language warning. She took it away immediately and did not offer to return it or give me cash. Needless to say, my little kid brain was furious at her.

Jump cut to 15 years later or so and I'm helping her move. I'm cleaning out a cabinet and I find this stupid CD still in the cellophane.
I asked why she still had it and she had forgotten it was there.
Also, she took it away to begin with because she thought it would be funny.

IIRC there was exactly one instance of the word "gently caress" on that album. There was an Aerosmith album called "Just Push Play" that came out roughly the same time as PM5K's album that had about 10 fucks on the second track and no parental advisory sticker. Some record labels were a lot more paranoid about it than others.

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum
I saw them open for some other band back in the day and Spider seemed happy to be surrounded by excited female fans outside afterwards until every single thing they wanted to talk to him about was questions re: Rob Zombie :swoon:

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

st1LL_51ngl3 posted:

You either die a Wayne Static or you live long enough to see yourself become a Powerman.

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006
more like piss man 500

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark

Alan_Shore posted:

This is what it's like when WORLDS COLLIDE #DBZ #AMV #REALMEDIAPLAYER

Excuse me sir I think you will find Powerman is best known for their entry in Princess Mononoke music videos, not the vastly inferior DBZ.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

They got super mad and called out Video Games People because a video game had a song that kind of sounded like Worlds Collide:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdV_bzJgRxE

it really does sound very similar :laugh:

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
I'm only happy when it rains was their only good song

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

PK loving SUBBAN posted:

I see what you did there.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
But actually, "Creep" is their only good song.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

drunk asian neighbor posted:

They got super mad and called out Video Games People because a video game had a song that kind of sounded like Worlds Collide:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdV_bzJgRxE

it really does sound very similar :laugh:

That sounds like every song from when they were popular and also every KMFDM song ever

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

KMFDM didn't have a public meltdown over it tho:

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker
they were pretty good in that dracula movie

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

ROFLburger posted:

more like piss man 500

legit :lol:

how could i have missed it? bing bing bong so simple

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

drunk asian neighbor posted:

KMFDM didn't have a public meltdown over it tho:

Lol that song sounds nothing like When Worlds Collide. I'd believe Mitsuda stole Never Gonna Give You Up for Robo's Theme over this nonsense.

Best Rickroll ever

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark
I'm sorry, I liked them a lot better the first time around when they called them Monster Magnet.

(to be fair that FFXV song is exactly When Worlds Collide but with different lyrics and music)

PK loving SUBBAN posted:

:vince:

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I saw Alien Ant Farm once. They were pretty good.

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

GRANNYS PEACH TEA posted:

(to be fair that FFXV song is exactly When Worlds Collide but with different lyrics and music)

the different music and music is the key part

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

PostNouveau posted:

I saw Alien Ant Farm once. They were pretty good.

Didn't they get in a bad bus accident or something? I really only remember their Smooth Criminal cover, the singer's weird reverse-mohawk haircut thing, and the bass player using a 6-string despite it being a super simple bassline.

mdm posted:

the different music and music is the key part

Agree or disagree the real :laffo: part is that the band themselves made an angry facebook post about it

• Locked thread