Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FactsAreUseless

Can't believe Christopher Columbus found a new route to India, and then it turned out to be an entirely undiscovered continent. That's loving insane. Do you remember that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless

Remember when Catherine de Medici got into that drunken fight in The Real World, which isn't a TV show because that doesn't exist yet and is instead just the actual real world.

Love Stole the Day
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you
Francisco de Miranda was so cool back then. He totally banged all the female monarchs and was friends with literally everybody who was anybody back then. Here's a thing Mike Duncan did about him and how he was everywhere back then.

free Trapt CD

*~:coffeepal:~*
I've got plenty of java
and Chesterfield Kings

*~:h:~*
crazy times. i remember watching them knock down hadrian's wall on mtv

~sig~

I Was The Fury

Always stop to smell the flowers, just in case they're weeds

Happy 20th anniversary America! They said we wouldn't even last a decade, but we've already lasted two!

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
only 90s kids will remember this as everyone else got their brains surgically removed by the cyborgs

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

SIDS Vicious

I was in grade 8 when 9/11 happened a D we watched it at school

Piso Mojado

Only 90s kids remember Jean Benet - lmao, rite?

joke_explainer

• You can't forget how awkward it was when Emperor Nerva got slapped down by the Praetorian Guard and was forced to accept Trajanus as his successor.
  • Namibia gets its independence from South Africa! Hooray! Only early 90s kids will get this.
  • You remember your dad couldn't stop talking about when England and Portugal entered the Anglo-Portugese Alliance
  • You remember when Aikenhead was executed for blasphemy outside of Edinburg XD
  • Ole' Genghis Khan was up to his old tricks when he defeated the Jurkins.
  • Three words: Pope Celestine V. Oh my god.
  • I bet you can recall exactly where you were when the Chinese gov reestablished the Protectorate of Western Regions.
  • You saw the fall of the the Yodit Era, though were probably didn't know why everybody was freaking out about it.
  • Uda shuts down commercial trade only to be succeeded by Daigo like three years later...
  • Remember when Iceland adopted Christianity? Who would have guessed!
  • You probably remember when Tycho Brahe's stipend for research was ceased and he had to leave for Farvergården. Bye bye, you sharp-eyed bastard.

nvm no cake

Celluloid Sam posted:

I was in grade 8 when 9/11 happened a D we watched it at school

me too. i remember everyone saying you're going to remember where you were when it happened and guess what i do so i guess they were right

joke_explainer

thepiratebae.se posted:

me too. i remember everyone saying you're going to remember where you were when it happened and guess what i do so i guess they were right

i was kind of hoping you would say 'and guess what, I don't. what were we talking about'

free Trapt CD

*~:coffeepal:~*
I've got plenty of java
and Chesterfield Kings

*~:h:~*

joke_explainer posted:

• You can't forget how awkward it was when Emperor Nerva got slapped down by the Praetorian Guard and was forced to accept Trajanus as his successor.
  • Namibia gets its independence from South Africa! Hooray! Only early 90s kids will get this.
  • You remember your dad couldn't stop talking about when England and Portugal entered the Anglo-Portugese Alliance
  • I bet you can recall exactly where you were when the Chinese gov reestablished the Protectorate of Western Regions.
  • You saw the fall of the the Yodit Era, though were probably didn't know why everybody was freaking out about it.
  • Uda shuts down commercial trade only to be succeeded by Daigo like three years later...
  • You probably remember when Tycho Brahe's stipend for research was ceased and he had to leave for Farvergården. Bye bye, you sharp-eyed bastard.

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
All the rich kids had steam cars and I didn't even get to see them much being in the textile mill 16hrs/day

FactsAreUseless

joke_explainer posted:

A Tin Of Beans

remember when the muzzafarid empire rebelled.. fuckin lmao like they could beat the timurid.. idiots!! ha good riddance persia's better without them

Music Theory

I remember when

I remember

I remember when I lost my mind

Stool Sample

EVERYONE Poops!?

Remember when that Sherman Antitrust Act was passed? Man those robber barons were PISSED.

weed cat

weed cat is back, and he loves to suck dick

:sueme:
It's crazy to think we all came to California for gold 30 years before the 90s. I keep thinking 1849 was 20 years ago

zimboe

FIRST EBOLA GOON AVOID ALL POSTS SPEWING EBLOA SHIT POSTS EVERWHERE
I'm literally retarded
I remember way back in the Old Stone Age when Thag Simmons squatted down next to the holy fire and discovered farts can burn.

All: THAG SHOOT HOLY FIRE FROM rear end! HE IS NEW CHIEF!
You know it had to have happened at least once.
Then later he got thagomized.
RIP, Thag.

E: ref Gary Larson.

zimboe fucked around with this message at 11:58 on Sep 9, 2016

Dammit.

social vegan

*in rocking chair talking to great grandkids*: ah yes, back then it was First Eye Blind

zimboe

FIRST EBOLA GOON AVOID ALL POSTS SPEWING EBLOA SHIT POSTS EVERWHERE
I'm literally retarded
Really.
Now at some point , about 2 million years ago, really stupid short hairy fuckers about as smart as a 4 year old modern Homo Sap discovered fire, and how to use it to cook food, more or less.

Probably, soon after, they discovered the problem of out of control bush fires, but that is secondary to our discussion.

But, they found that a bush fire could drive the game right onto their ranked spears for a pre- cooked meal.
This set the tone for enormously destructive methods of human hunting.
We are destructive to our environment.
But so are elephants, who over the depths of time have modified the course of rivers.
But let's get back to poor Thag, the first man to discover that fire can come from the rear end.
There must have been thousands of ugly explosive and hilarious ( by Caveman standards) accidents over the eons. I figure your basic caveman was pretty prole in his humour.
Gags we will never know- lost to the depths of time.
Refute my reasoning.

Dammit.

Piso Mojado

please leave byob and seek professional help for whatever mental illness makes you post so bad.

social vegan

ah yes, back then they were just slowball and marcy's playpen

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

Music Theory posted:

I remember when

I remember

I remember when I lost my mind

ikr? there was so much acid around back then

as a catalyst in bromine production. tainted my fish pond! drove me crazy!

:argh: HERBERT DOW!!!

Love Stole the Day
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtNZrf-kzww

MrWillsauce

drat that mouse got a big rear end

social vegan

MrWillsauce posted:

drat that mouse got a big rear end

he has a name ok and ya it's minnie, ironically

MrWillsauce

goddamn!

Business Gorillas

:harambe:

My great grandpa saw that Jesus guy go up on the cross and now they're throwing themselves into lion pits. I don't freaking get it. It apparently wasn't even that big of a deal

AAB

bill clinton

Lawrence Gilchrist

Back in the gay nineties there would be ads in the paper talking about "robots" putting live artists out of work. Well it's four score later and the phonographs haven't taken over.

Hector Beerlioz

aw, hec
I was gonna post a picture of my Yikes! pencil that I still have but I think I might be missing the point of the thread....maybe later, idk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

social vegan

Hector Beerlioz posted:

I was gonna post a picture of my Yikes! pencil that I still have but I think I might be missing the point

that's ok the eraser is the cool part!

• Locked thread