Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

it's hilarious that in order to avoid the colored menace going into suburbia, racist white people are moving into the bayou and other undesirable places to live. way to ensure a future for white children

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

naem
May 29, 2011

Y-Hat posted:

it's hilarious that in order to avoid the colored menace going into suburbia, racist white people are moving into the bayou and other undesirable places to live. way to ensure a future for white children

It's not just white people, everyone wants to fit in with their peers and worries about perception and pretends to be above/below the cultural norms around them to like, maximize their apparent station in life

naem fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Sep 13, 2016

naem
May 29, 2011

In CA for example, houses cost $2 million as often as not. People with decent incomes still live in apts, so to show wealth and success they all try to drive luxury cars (bmw, Mercedes etc).

But they still have to park on the street; so wealthy Asian trophy wives have to go move the Beemer for street cleaning day and fight over parking spots.

Less well off people see luxury cars and think they have to have one too; but they'll buy an entry level bmw and put a spoiler on it and paint it purple or orange and put GIANTS decals on it.

Then wealthy people's kids want to fit in with the cool kids in their neighborhood and do the spoiler/rims thing too, then you'll see nice young Hispanic/Asian/other couples with young children driving a luxury car with those playboy bunny sticker things all over it proud as peacocks, never mind they're working 3 jobs each for an embarrassing $100k car, and have to fight the trophy wives for parking on Thursday

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
in england sugar used to be something only the rich enjoyed in their tea but with the slave trade more people gained access and pretty soon it became common

circle of life

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

naem posted:

In CA for example, houses cost $2 million as often as not. People with decent incomes still live in apts, so to show wealth and success they all try to drive luxury cars (bmw, Mercedes etc).

But they still have to park on the street; so wealthy Asian trophy wives have to go move the Beemer for street cleaning day and fight over parking spots.

Less well off people see luxury cars and think they have to have one too; but they'll buy an entry level bmw and put a spoiler on it and paint it purple or orange and put GIANTS decals on it.

Then wealthy people's kids want to fit in with the cool kids in their neighborhood and do the spoiler/rims thing too, then you'll see nice young Hispanic/Asian/other couples with young children driving a luxury car with those playboy bunny sticker things all over it proud as peacocks, never mind they're working 3 jobs each for an embarrassing $100k car, and have to fight the trophy wives for parking on Thursday

please tell me more about these trophy wife parking MILFs

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

People who put a YETI sticker on their car. Great, you bought a dumb cooler, better let EVERYONE know because they care.

naem
May 29, 2011

Slanderer posted:

please tell me more about these trophy wife parking MILFs

They're EVERYWHERE

Probably going to end up marrying a divorced one if I stay here long term

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

How do I meet these only a little rich people so I can eat their cheese?

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Chief McHeath posted:

People who put a YETI sticker on their car. Great, you bought a dumb cooler, better let EVERYONE know because they care.

do the coolers come with the stickers like apple does with their products or were they smart enough to make their customers pay extra

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
I thought cargo shorts was the hot newness ??

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

FrankieGoes posted:

Business hugs.

naem
May 29, 2011

FrankieGoes posted:

Useless masters degrees, borderline autistic obsessive focused Martha Stewart-eque hobbies, various church congregations, buy a modestly priced home near one of the remaining Midwestern money enclaves etc etc

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

MullardEL34 posted:

I troll yard sales for metal Coleman coolers, clean them up, and give them to friends to use as babbys first cigar humidor.

This is a pretty boss idea and way cooler then my current mason jar one.

Also my experience with "fake rednecks" is like 100% guys who grew up poor and now have well paying construction/trade management jobs who feel super lame about living in the burbs and overcompensate with redneck poo poo.

My bro and I were out hiking on Labor day and got a little lost cuz lol stoners. We ran into some actual rednecks (an oddly racially diverse group too) who were out muddin. They got us pointed in the right direction and after chatting about bass fishing for a bit they gave us some beers out of their cooler, which was a doubled up garbage bag full of ice and Bud Lite.

personable decorum
Sep 7, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
ALways wanted to see a real Yeti. I believe they are real and just keep to themselves because they don't want to deal with the bullshit three ring circus sideshow of other ape culture.

shoophobo
Aug 30, 2013

"shoophobo? more like shittyposter!" :grin:

Fallen Rib
does anyone know how long a YETI cooler can keep a large piece of poo poo warm and steamy?
tia

personable decorum
Sep 7, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

shoophobo posted:

does anyone know how long a YETI cooler can keep a large piece of poo poo warm and steamy?
tia

this is exactly what I'm looking for in a cooler, I'm gonna look at YETI coolers now, go forth and flourish.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

shoophobo posted:

tia

That depends, are you going to open it to check?

shoophobo
Aug 30, 2013

"shoophobo? more like shittyposter!" :grin:

Fallen Rib

notZaar posted:

That depends, are you going to open it to check?

you mean it doesn't have a viewing window???
no sale.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

shoophobo posted:

tia

it's a lot better at keeping things cold, sorry

• Locked thread