Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
oliveoil
Apr 22, 2016
So I'm a late twenty-something with slightly yellow teeth. I use whitening strips every few months they make a slight improvement, but overall I've never been satisfied with them. How do I get them whiter without being creepily white?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum
You go to a dentist to have it done professionally. And to get perfect movie star teeth - those are veneers.

oliveoil
Apr 22, 2016
Hm. Googling for veneers shows that a lot of people had weirdly-sized and weirdly-positioned teeth first, but mine are actually naturally of good size, position and orientation. All I want to change are the color. But it looks like veneers can help with that, so seeing a dentist is still a good idea. Thanks!

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
If your teeth are a good shape and no fillings you can get good success with having a dentist "whiten" them but they can't whiten fillings.

oliveoil
Apr 22, 2016
No fillings but I've had a few dentists suggest I get fillings in my molars.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

I wonder if the big movie stars still use Ajax and Comet before the big events.

Carbon Copy
Jul 4, 2007
In the image of the Lord.

oliveoil posted:

No fillings but I've had a few dentists suggest I get fillings in my molars.

Then I'd take care of this first. Wouldn't be good to start losing teeth, it gets you on the path to losing more teeth.

As for whitening, if your teeth are yellow then can usually be whitened pretty significantly, greyish teeth ate harder to whiten. Most dental professionals think the bright white teeth look fake, usually the white of your eye is a good goal for teeth whiteness.

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
It's such a goony thing. Suggest I get fillings in my molars. Any normal person would have had them right then, who walks around with holes in their teeth? But no, let me consult the Internet and my Steam Wallet and I'll get back to you on that.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
Move the UK OP, you'll be treated like a king with your slightly off-white teeth

Kim Jong ill
Jul 28, 2010

NORTH KOREA IS ONLY KOREA.

Tony Montana posted:

It's such a goony thing. Suggest I get fillings in my molars. Any normal person would have had them right then, who walks around with holes in their teeth? But no, let me consult the Internet and my Steam Wallet and I'll get back to you on that.

OP is probably talking about fissure sealants as opposed to actual fillings. Pretty big difference.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

green chicken feet
Nov 5, 2015

spray-paint the vegetables
dog food stalls
with the beefcake pantyhose
Grimey Drawer
Go for the whitening. To put on veneers, they have to drill down your teeth. It's permanent damage. Veneers are also way more expensive.

• Locked thread