Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
My dog has fleas. I've been using the same brand of skin poison on her for years and no fleas. But now, fleas. Which means fleas in the house. Pointers (besides suicide or burning everything, they aren't practical)?

Dog in question:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Shave it.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
Maybe if you didn't live in a tenement and didnt have bad hygiene you would quit giving your dog fleas OP

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

I'm pretty tidy down there

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
idk man fleas are loving nothing to sweat over, just get some new poison for you dog and one of those collars and spray some pesticides around.

at least you don't have bedbugs.

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

a bone to pick posted:

at least you don't have bedbugs.

:qq:

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
dude if you have bedbugs just burn the place down and start a new life.

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

a bone to pick posted:

dude if you have bedbugs just burn the place down and start a new life.

i'm afraid to tell anyone irl that i have bed bugs i think i have ptsd

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Dog goes outside and you both get in a kiddy pool to take a flea bath.
Flea bomb da fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuk out of your house. Those little fogger cannisters work really well but you have to leave the house all day.
Go fuckin' do poo poo all day with your dog.
Return to dead flea corpse house.

Having fleas sucks butts. Enjoy not sleeping because bugs are jumping off your face after biting the gently caress out of you.

LT56
Sep 9, 2016

by Smythe
"Despite my best intentions and prevention measures"

Usually after this situation I say stuff like HOLD STEADY BOY and real pirate poo poo to people in real life.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

MiracleWhale posted:

i'm afraid to tell anyone irl that i have bed bugs i think i have ptsd

if you're inviting people to your house and you're not telling them about the bugs that's just as bad as giving someone AIDS

LT56
Sep 9, 2016

by Smythe

a bone to pick posted:

if you're inviting people to your house and you're not telling them about the bugs that's just as bad as giving someone AIDS

What possible alternative future do you live in where this is remotely cool at all? Jesus.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I am not remotely cool at all.

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

<calls friends> listen, this is awkward but... i may as well have given you aids

Khorne
May 1, 2002
Vacuum, spray poison on ground that has IGR in it to make the inevitable thousands of fleas that hatch even post-vacuuming unable to reproduce and feed. I use Zoecon Precor 2000 premise spray. It's excellent and fairly affordable. There are alternative brands. You might have to do this 2-3 times depending on how bad you let it get, but generally 1-2 times is enough.

Fleas aren't too hard to get rid of as long as you eliminate the source. Make sure your dog is properly treated and not trucking fleas around.

Don't do any stupid bullshit home remedies. Don't gently caress around. Yeah, you can put soap in a dish with a light on it and kill a few hundred fleas. Guess what? You still have hundreds more and thousands of eggs that haven't hatched yet, idiot, and they will bite you and lay thousands more eggs for every bite. I guess if your place is small you could just vacuum a whole lot and properly dispose of the vacuum bags and that would eventually work, but I personally prefer better living through pesticides.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Sep 13, 2016

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Khorne posted:

Vacuum, spray poison on ground that has IGR in it to make the inevitable thousands of fleas that hatch even post-vacuuming unable to reproduce and feed. I use Zoecon Precor 2000 premise spray. It's excellent and fairly affordable. There are alternative brands. You might have to do this 2-3 times depending on how bad you let it get, but generally 1-2 times is enough.

Fleas aren't too hard to get rid of as long as you eliminate the source. Make sure your dog is properly treated and not trucking fleas around.

Don't do any stupid bullshit home remedies. Don't gently caress around. Yeah, you can put soap in a dish with a light on it and kill a few hundred fleas. Guess what? You still have hundreds more and thousands of eggs that haven't hatched yet, idiot, and they will bite you and lay thousands more eggs for every bite. I guess if your place is small you could just vacuum a whole lot and properly dispose of the vacuum bags and that would eventually work, but I personally prefer better living through pesticides.

Yeah after Katrina our house was super infested. We vacuumed, bug bombed and repeated four times. But it was really bad so I hope this isnt too bad.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
Veet yourself head to toe and pick em off when they land.

Colgrim
Jul 23, 2009
That's a good looking dog.

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Dog looks dead in that pic. Maybe get a new one?

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
op I've found that being clean prevents bugs

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

most anti-flea products haven't done jack poo poo whenever i've had an infestation. the only thing that's worked is that stuff that you spray onto the carpet/furniture that kills the eggs. then you just wait for the current generation to die off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Despite all my rage
I'm still just a rat in a cage

• Locked thread