Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

if you played when the lab first came out, he was seriously overtuned lol. its hard to gently caress up making a character these days

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

doughvakiin posted:

How they made 6 more acts when it took, a really long time to just do act 4.

More money and more employees.

extremebuff posted:

if you played when the lab first came out, he was seriously overtuned lol. its hard to gently caress up making a character these days

Still possible, you just hit the wall in merciless.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

extremebuff posted:

maybe? it was in the summer of the past year.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

qnqnx posted:

Still possible, you just hit the wall in merciless.

the only wall youll hit is not having resist gear lol unless you do something really dumb like invest into every kind of weapon instead of just swords or something.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

extremebuff posted:

the only wall youll hit is not having resist gear lol unless you do something really dumb like invest into every kind of weapon instead of just swords or something.

Or investing in claws at all, until this last league and it's unique claws and even then idk because they scale off Int.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Or not taking enough life nodes if not going for ES, happens way too often.
Example: some level 81 guy with barely 1.8k life whispering me about +% life jewels.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i posted about it right before i quit, and it seems like the general opinion was that i didn't have nearly enough life.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

idk. theres life nodes everywhere and you grab them lol

i think the problem is that the start of the game is too slow. youre basically invincible until act 3, and by then you're shredding everything with high damage.

then merc comes around and everything hits like a truck and oop you skipped too much life for more offense

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

me watching someone download and play POE for the first time

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
grinding past the lab will now be more organic, since you don't repeat acts

you'll not feel bad for missing the normal lab when you start cruel, you'll just hit it after act 5 instead of after act 3 or whatever

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

qnqnx posted:

Or investing in claws at all, until this last league and it's unique claws and even then idk because they scale off Int.

they just put up the timer for the legacy league (which sounds awesome btw, you can basically equip league bonuses and have the various league events from the past take place in the next room), and some good news

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1834597

quote:

This content update also contains several balance changes, including: improvements to unpopular clusters on the passive tree, more support for cold and elemental builds near the Ranger on the passive tree, mana nodes behind the Mind over Matter keystone, improvements to the claw, staff and sword passive tree clusters, buffs to one-handed weapon base type damage across the board, buffs and modifications to weapon implicit modifiers

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

hype as poo poo for new PoE

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

extremely steampunk posted:

hype as poo poo for new PoE

the legacy league is turning all the past leagues into random loot consumables and it sounds awesome. just a week and a half away..

nier 2 and botw at the same time. march is gonna be a strong gamer month

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

extremebuff posted:

the legacy league is turning all the past leagues into random loot consumables and it sounds awesome. just a week and a half away..

nier 2 and botw at the same time. march is gonna be a strong gamer month

Random loot consumables? loving awesome.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

The hard drive that this game is on should be deleted, and all the servers should be thrown in to the Chessapeake Bay.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

net cafe scandal posted:

The hard drive that this game is on should be deleted, and all the servers should be thrown in to the Chessapeake Bay.

Problem?

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

net cafe scandal posted:

imagine having this much aids..

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

10 Acts??? How can POE have 10 acts?

Sockmafia
Mar 4, 2015

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

10 Acts??? How can POE have 10 acts?

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

net cafe scandal posted:

I'm going to pretend you didn't post this.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

this update dropped like 2 hours ago people need to chill

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

extremebuff posted:

I thought it was really funny when like 2 weeks into a league I was the first person to enter the dread thicket in merciless

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

There is little love for the Dread Thicket.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

extremebuff posted:

Please don't speed shame

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

so the juggernaut ascendancy on marauder has a passive that reads "cannot be slowed", which sounds lame compared to some pretty big damage upgrades but holy poo poo it rules. basically immune to any kind of slow curse, chill, traps, etc. atk speed is also always topped off no matter what. it feels so good im loving unstoppable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

extremebuff posted:

so the juggernaut ascendancy on marauder has a passive that reads "cannot be slowed", which sounds lame compared to some pretty big damage upgrades but holy poo poo it rules. basically immune to any kind of slow curse, chill, traps, etc. atk speed is also always topped off no matter what. it feels so good im loving unstoppable.

I feel like the shorter and boring-sounding a unique buff in PoE is, the more awesome it is in practice

• Locked thread