Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

I know a lot of people get upset sometimes because of something about the state of the forums (feel free to clarify, I don't know much about this), but I wanted to take a moment to thank everyone that made the forums funny and interesting.

HONORABLE MENTION: IMGUR

wow this site's been around for a while. remember waffleimages? imgur's like that except web 2.0d up. they got hearts. they have upvotes. without them, image posting and hosting would be in quite the pickle. no image hosting means no memes, kids! that toad will have to bike his way to your hearts for real.

Feel free to post your own favorites while I take a few screenshots of the outstanding posters and threads that make this forum great!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

HONORABLE MENTION - MOST INFORMATIVE THREAD OF THE DAY: "Does anyone here understand Neon Genesis Evangelion?" BY The Dennis System

I learned a lot. I saw a couple episodes of this show in the 90s, but no prior knowledge is needed. I really enjoyed the ride reading this thread and I hope you feel the same!

Lawrence Gilchrist fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Sep 15, 2016

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
Appreciate the congrats but what we need now is better threads than this one op :smugdon:

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

HONORABLE MENTION - MOST THREAD VIEWS: "Chinese Farmer Discussion Thread" BY angel opportunity

I can't technically give this thread gold because the original idea was from last year, but it has by far the most thread views on GBS.

If you like, hate, or have thought about china at all ever, this might be the thread for you!

• Locked thread