Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

SpaceAceJase posted:

I hope take the headphone jack out of the macbook pro next.

lol

I'd happily trade the headphone jack I never use for an extra USB port actually
A USB headset is usually nicer anyway

If they add a lightning port just to support their lovely new ear buds I'll rage pretty hard though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

atomicthumbs posted:

I paid $15 for my Lenovo Thinkpad X220 Tablet.

same tho this x200 tablet was $27, very needs suiting. gov surplus owns

krooj
Dec 2, 2006

jigglemaster7 posted:

the retina macbook pros were actually pretty good in 2013

They really were. I have a MBP 15" of that vintage and I cannot think of a reason to replace it. Its really sad to look at a 2016 15" and literally see and feel zero difference except that the new one runs a little cooler. Its equally funny/sad that the most impressive laptop hardware (12" MB excluded) has been coming out of Dell's XPS line and Lenovo's X1. Either of those machines feel lightyears ahead of the MBP/Air... until you boot them into Windows. YOSPOS, indeed. I guess there's always "Leenucks On The Desktop" if your time is literally worthless.

toxicitysquared
Nov 12, 2007

:jiggled:
Jiggled Again
:jiggled:

krooj posted:

They really were. I have a MBP 15" of that vintage and I cannot think of a reason to replace it. Its really sad to look at a 2016 15" and literally see and feel zero difference except that the new one runs a little cooler. Its equally funny/sad that the most impressive laptop hardware (12" MB excluded) has been coming out of Dell's XPS line and Lenovo's X1. Either of those machines feel lightyears ahead of the MBP/Air... until you boot them into Windows. YOSPOS, indeed. I guess there's always "Leenucks On The Desktop" if your time is literally worthless.

the razer blade is also a pretty good premium laptop

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
work bought me a retinal MacBook Pro and it is very good, I just wish it had a bigger SSD.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

OldAlias posted:

same tho this x200 tablet was $27, very needs suiting. gov surplus owns

I got mine from work. It said "liquid damaged battery, liquid damaged keyboard" on it; I think our laptop tech scrapped it as beyond repair. Turned out the drainage channels saved it from soda, and I installed my spare keyboard, a new extended battery, and a 1tb msata 850 evo, and it owns hard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

same except i buy functioning products that i expect to work flawlessly

• Locked thread