Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

:coolfish:
the forums being down was like my iv bag being empty.

i was

d
e
d

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

wow, looks like dare has won. we can't do anything to defend against him.

please dare, don't break the forums anymore. if you don't stop we will have to close down. :(

we are sorry we attacked you with pipes, we didn't know.

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

Jonny 290 posted:

so like, they admit there isnt any reason to buy their own product?

depends on the sophistication of the attack. DDoS on the whole subnet can't really be countered with the traditional null routing. The best thing that can be done is in the aftermath to assess attribution, and ISPs and higher level switches need to do some work on that.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Theophany posted:

We got Dare buying like a hundred accounts a month. :shrug:

I don't think these actually get paid out

• Locked thread