Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

Excuse my worthless shitposting because all I can ever hope to accomplish in life is to rot away the braincells of strangers on the internet with my irredeemable brainworms.

DancingShade posted:

Every broken eve player hates eve and quits then complains constantly every other game they try isn't more like eve. Fact.

Bah! Eve is cool and good, the communities are just catty as hell. Makes sense given that it's older than some of my family members at this point.

e: uh SweetBro why did you spend 10 more bux just to change text

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Did you read that sister?
Yes, truly a shitposter's post. I read it, Rem.

DancingShade posted:

Every broken eve player hates eve and quits then complains constantly every other game they try isn't more like eve. Fact.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Kirby Superstore! posted:

I really enjoy EVE. I'm not broken yet.

second statement contradicts the first

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

I really enjoy EVE. I'm not broken yet.

For starters why the gently caress did you get your name changed? Second. You are a moderator of Something Awful posting in the MMO HMO subforum. You were broken long ago.

Also I checked out this other game and saw something scroll by real quick and caught it. https://www.nationstates.net/nation=goondalini

Which one of you is trying to emulate this forum.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

I used a trial for EVE, but the first goon I met was a combination of smug + helpful, and I never played again.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Drinkfist posted:

For starters why the gently caress did you get your name changed? Second. You are a moderator of Something Awful posting in the MMO HMO subforum. You were broken long ago.

Also I checked out this other game and saw something scroll by real quick and caught it. https://www.nationstates.net/nation=goondalini

Which one of you is trying to emulate this forum.

Well I posted in the GBS rename me thread because FAU is awesome at naming things and I wanted to see what he'd come up with. I am very happy, it's funny. I will go back to VideoGames at some point, but for now I am keeping it.

Secondly, someone's got to mod Games, PGS and MMO-HMO! And I'm sure it's better to have someone who enjoys the topic moderating than someone who hates and is easily offended and just hands out probations for getting their feelings hurt. I think we're all doing a bang up job!

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

I disagree, the best moderators hate the topics they're moderating. Look at how great GBS was when Abe moderated it, and he hated loving everything.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

I disagree, the best moderators hate the topics they're moderating. Look at how great GBS was when Abe moderated it, and he hated loving everything.

And now they're both dead.

A cautionary tale.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Abicarus flew too close to the sun (fyad)

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

Was it great though? Really???? I honestly don't know.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

It was great in the same way the star wars 9/11 thread was great: everyone watching it happen and thinking nervously "how far are we gonna go" and then suddenly it ends and you found out how far you went. Turns out it was probably a little too far.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Was it great though? Really???? I honestly don't know.

It was a golden era which eventually fell to corruption and decay, the last few embers of its humor flickering in the dying light.

I hope we're able to spell obscenities on planets with orbital bombardments.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

mike12345 posted:

I used a trial for EVE, but the first goon I met was a combination of smug + helpful, and I never played again.

A good strategy for enjoying EVE is not being in goonswarm. :v:

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Kimsemus was a diplomat booted out of goonswarm because he pissed off some high up goonsperg, then goonswarm got poo poo on by the entire rest of the game banding together and sent back to delve or w/e the gently caress their base state of being is. COINCIDENCE?!?!?!

i am tim!
Jan 5, 2005

God damn it, where are my ant keys?! I'm gonna miss my flight!
Look at what this fishing pact hath wrought.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Secondly, someone's got to mod Games, PGS and MMO-HMO!

Here we have a sack of rabid ferrets hanging from a rope making god awful noises and trying to kill one another. Here take this bat and smash it a few times a day. Why? Because someone has to!

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

Another space MMO that promises everything conceivable and also to blow my dog?
WHere do I buy the $400 collectors edition preorder with founders bonuses?
And how many voxel-based memes will be created when this eventually burns to the ground??

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Polio Vax Scene posted:

Another space MMO that promises everything conceivable and also to blow my dog?
WHere do I buy the $400 collectors edition preorder with founders bonuses?

You're like 2 years late. They already caught the $400 founder edition whales.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Drinkfist posted:

Here we have a sack of rabid ferrets hanging from a rope making god awful noises and trying to kill one another. Here take this bat and smash it a few times a day. Why? Because someone has to!

Is that like those black and white dramatizations in tv commercials?

THERE'S GOT TO BE A BETTER WAY!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Drinkfist posted:

Oh I really don't think of you guys as rabid ferrets! More, excitable rabbits with typing skills.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
glass half empty (of ferrets), glass half full (of rabbits) :shrug:

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."

Oh I really don't think of you guys as rabid ferrets! More, excitable rabbits with typing skills.

Thus all the horrific shrieking.

Arsten
Feb 18, 2003

We don't breed nearly that much.

Loan Dusty Road
Feb 27, 2007

Arsten posted:

We don't breed nearly that much.

Thank god.

Arsten
Feb 18, 2003

Dustoph posted:

Thank god.

The cat passively acknowledges your presence, but your thanks are not enough.

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

With this magnificent aircraft,
and my magnificent facial hair,
the British Empire will never fall!

FWIW, the kickstarter ends today and they've hit their funding goal but not the stretches.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Kirby Superscare! posted:

2) Too many people are breaking the "Don't Tell People to Kill Themselves Rule". Especially in the Pokémon Go thread. The punishment is no longer a day. It's 3. Let's be courteous to each other and not resort to poor name slinging please!

gently caress you you fuckman. Go kill yourself. Pikachu.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Drinkfist posted:

gently caress you you fuckman. Go kill yourself. Pikachu.

:(

• Locked thread