Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET

mentholmoose posted:

Going into the last day of this matchup I'm tied with the 8th seed team. I think I hold the tiebreaker, so I might be able to win my first ever LSL playoff match (as long as Devan Dubnyk doesn't get a shutout).

Devan Dubnyk clearly did not get a shutout.

What exactly is the playoff tiebreaker in LSL? I have the tiebreaker if it's head to head record or seeding, but I'm not actually sure if it's either of those.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

genki
Nov 12, 2003

RocktheCaulk posted:

Start or sit Elliot? Try far up in the other goalie categories by Fleurys shut out got me scared. Up 10-3 head to head but on razor margins and a SO could swing it to me.
As a general note, the slim chance of a SO is almost never worth trying to win versus other categories. It's way more likely you'll just lose SV% and/or GAA. In a league with four or five goalie categories, I'm usually happy to keep things tied (2-2-1) if I have a good GAA/SV%. Depends how likely you are to take over other categories (Wins or SVs) and whether the opponent has anyone playing... SO is the riskiest category and I would never play for the SO category if there's a chance I could lose other categories.

Also I'm saying this after knowing Elliott didn't get a SO. Haha.

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

genki posted:

As a general note, the slim chance of a SO is almost never worth trying to win versus other categories. It's way more likely you'll just lose SV% and/or GAA. In a league with four or five goalie categories, I'm usually happy to keep things tied (2-2-1) if I have a good GAA/SV%. Depends how likely you are to take over other categories (Wins or SVs) and whether the opponent has anyone playing... SO is the riskiest category and I would never play for the SO category if there's a chance I could lose other categories.

Also I'm saying this after knowing Elliott didn't get a SO. Haha.

I know but I had to Hail Mary. Thankfully Doughty is a pussy and didn't get a hit after the 1st period and I won 7-6 without having to go to tie breakers. I was WAY up in save percentage and the other goalie cats too so wasn't worried.

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
Also hey whoever a billion pages ago told me trading Parise and Letang for Marchand was bad LOL

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!
Omg I made it just barely

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

mentholmoose posted:

Devan Dubnyk clearly did not get a shutout.

What exactly is the playoff tiebreaker in LSL? I have the tiebreaker if it's head to head record or seeding, but I'm not actually sure if it's either of those.

I believe its H2H.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

If I go 2 weeks without lundqvist I better loving win this thing.

Even if it is T-Bone i'm playing against.

God drat T-bone

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
this is like 5 or 6 seasons in a row of losing in the semis in the LSL (altho I did win the inaugural season).

Looks like I'll be going for a repeat in the HHL, and somehow my poo poo LOL team might get to the second round.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

I think I might finally be going to the LSL finals! :toot:

I'm slowing pulling ahead in the close categories and I'm up 9-4 right now. I'm so happy I'm actually doing something in the LSL playoffs for once!

T-Bone posted:

this is like 5 or 6 seasons in a row of losing in the semis in the LSL (altho I did win the inaugural season).

You say that but I think you can still win that matchup. All you have to do is flip +- to win and you're one off Le-Tang Clan in that right now.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

mentholmoose posted:

I think I might finally be going to the LSL finals! :toot:

I'm slowing pulling ahead in the close categories and I'm up 9-4 right now. I'm so happy I'm actually doing something in the LSL playoffs for once!

You say that but I think you can still win that matchup. All you have to do is flip +- to win and you're one off Le-Tang Clan in that right now.

Is that you I'm playing? I always assumed I'd be undone by my goaltending eventually.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

Ginette Reno posted:

Is that you I'm playing? I always assumed I'd be undone by my goaltending eventually.

I believe so, i'm Dzingel Bells. Frankly I'm amazed my goaltending hasn't imploded; I've been relying on Jonathan Bernier for most of my playoff run.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

mentholmoose posted:

He has too many guys going I think, I don't think I'll hold on to blocks either. Crawford's bad week did me in.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
I was in a league that was a three man race all season, I'm going to lose to the #2 seed by a few GAA and SV% points, 1 PPP and a handful of shots. No Malkin all week and Crawford being poo poo sunk me.

Even all that considered, I'd've beaten the 1 or 4 seed 7-4-1 and the 1 seed laid an egg, so the #2 should moonwalk to a championship after dispatching me, and I'll probably get haymakered and finish in 4th :rip:

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Mar 27, 2017

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE

T-Bone posted:

He has too many guys going I think, I don't think I'll hold on to blocks either. Crawford's bad week did me in.

Yep. Just couldn't keep up with my dynamic duo of Cam Talbot and Thomas Greiss.

Shows you don't really have to fall for the goalie rush in LSL, if you get lucky.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

toe knee hand posted:

Yep. Just couldn't keep up with my dynamic duo of Cam Talbot and Thomas Greiss.

Shows you don't really have to fall for the goalie rush in LSL, if you get lucky.

I somehow finished 4th with a trio of Hellebuck, Elliot, and Darling. Darling was really good but didn't start a ton and the other two...yyyeah. Although Elliot was on a hot streak for a while there.

genki
Nov 12, 2003

T-Bone posted:

Looks like I'll be going for a repeat in the HHL, and somehow my poo poo LOL team might get to the second round.
Bah, I probably could have won HHL if I was willing to gut my team to flip some secondary categories like SOG and BLK, but that's not exactly a smart long term strategy (hello leafs). Oh well.

edit: now that I look, I guess you won by doing some swapping over the last few days? looks like just one or two guys (like five times), not sure it made the final difference. Suppose I could have paid more attention, oh well. If talbot hadn't poo poo the bed I could have had it.

genki fucked around with this message at 09:30 on Mar 27, 2017

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
playing for the championship in HHL! Well, it's the championship of the loser bracket, but whatever.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

Jamwad Hilder posted:

playing for the championship in HHL! Well, it's the championship of the loser bracket, but whatever.

If I win 3rd this year it'll feel much better than losing first to T-Bone. Fuckin t-bone man he knows how to loving auction with the best of them.

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE
I'm in the finals in both LSL and HHL, would be nice to get a win finally. I've finished 2nd or 3rd in each of them since I joined.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

toe knee hand posted:

I'm in the finals in both LSL and HHL, would be nice to get a win finally. I've finished 2nd or 3rd in each of them since I joined.

GL in HHL.

God drat T-Bone I'm really upset how good his team was.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

genki posted:

Bah, I probably could have won HHL if I was willing to gut my team to flip some secondary categories like SOG and BLK, but that's not exactly a smart long term strategy (hello leafs). Oh well.

edit: now that I look, I guess you won by doing some swapping over the last few days? looks like just one or two guys (like five times), not sure it made the final difference. Suppose I could have paid more attention, oh well. If talbot hadn't poo poo the bed I could have had it.

I think I probably had it won anyway, but yeah I swapped a bit at the end. An entire week Malkinless and then Ekblad/Rask going down was rough though. I may not win this thing if he doesn't come back this week.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

Man, this LSL final was a bloodbath. :smith:

Maybe next year I'll get the gold. Congrats to Toe Knee Hand on it.

Good news is I won Malkin by a single buck in HHL. I don't know that keeping him for like $98 is gonna be worth it though.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Another HHL year down the toilet :mad:

Gaudreau and Fosberg go back into the draft pool next year too. I can't keep them anymore. Luckily I drafted well so I'll have some good keepers to replace them.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Back to back in the HHL with the luckiest draft of all-time, woo.

I think McDavid is actually probably worth keeping at $125 or whatever next year, too.

I'm in the LOL finals somehow, I feel bad for beating Pronger Physics, his team was actually good.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I'll take 4th considering my keepers were probably the worst in the entire league.

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE

mentholmoose posted:

Man, this LSL final was a bloodbath. :smith:

Maybe next year I'll get the gold. Congrats to Toe Knee Hand on it.

Thank you. I would like to dedicate this victory to Cam Talbot and *shudders* Brad Marchand.

LSL was close this year, no real dominant team.

toe knee hand fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Apr 3, 2017

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Looks like I have 2nd locked down in one of my keepers. 300$ payout takes care of all three pools for next year and leaves me with enough to buy a case of beer.

That's two years a row in the money! Finally starting to get some consistency. And with the core I've built up this team is good enough to be back here next year too.

genki
Nov 12, 2003
I'm happy with third in HHL. My team played way above its potential to take me that far. Really happy about my Talbot pickup, he's a keeper for sure.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.

Twin Cinema posted:

I am in a league where you select one player from five, and stick with them for the whole year. However, the scoring is a bit weird. You get 2 points for a goal (1 point for an assist), then an additional point for a PP goal, 2 additional points for a SH goal, an additional point for a shootout winner, an additional point for a game winning goal and then 3 additional points for a hat trick. In the past, I haven't had much issue picking players, but it seems like the dude running the league has finally wised up, and made some really difficult categories. I am just wondering if anyone has any opinions about this category.

Well, I finished in 6th out of 53 teams in this league. That may sound impressive, but I was 170 points behind the leader. If I only I would have taken Draisaitl over Duclair, I would have finished in 3rd.

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

Congratulations to me on winning the LOLHL, the league where 3 of the 14 teams showed up to draft.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

Technetium posted:

Congratulations to me on winning the LOLHL, the league where 3 of the 14 teams showed up to draft.

I feel less good about making it to the finals with my autodrafted team.

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

T-Bone posted:

I feel less good about making it to the finals with my autodrafted team.

The non-autodrafts should feel worse.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

Technetium posted:

The non-autodrafts should feel worse.

I mean, I do work the gently caress out of the waiver wire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Summer is basically still 2016/17.

I'm doing a draft in one of the keeper leagues I'm in right now. Traded a decent but expensive player (Martinez), a great player (Atkinson), and what will hopefully be a late 1st round pick next year, for Suzuki and Trocheck. And clearing out a roster spot to bring up Guentzel from my farm team and a couple million in cap space.

I figure Trocheck is a better long term keeper Atkinson: he's a bit more physical, didn't just come off a high sh% year, and is on a pretty good cap deal for quite a while, even if he costs more this year.

Losing Martinez sucks because of the pt / hit / block combo but if he was just having a great year and will come down to earth it's a move I'm happy to make. The extra cap space should help me keep Phaneuf, who brings that + PIMs.

Calling up Guentzel is obviously helpful, and I'm a big Suzuki booster. Real young, plays hard, scores a ton, might get called up early because Vegas sucks (this could be a negative, tough to say this early). More likely puts up insane points in the OHL and is worth a lot more than I paid for him this time next year.

I think I'm well positioned to finish in the money again this year, or even win if things fall my way (Marner, Guentzel, Buchnevich having big years + Crosby not getting hurt), but the thing that worries me is goaltending. It's so tough to gauge what good goaltending will be. I have Rask and Bob with the Subban and Korpisalo handcuffs and Grubeaur as a third. CLB is going to do worse. Maybe Rask and Grubeaur can pick up the slack.

Not even sure who I could target in a trade. Price isn't a lock given his upcoming raise + Montreal sucking. Murray is basically untouchable. Lehner is available but buffalo might be terrible again. Same for Mrazek.

Anyway I just really want to talk fantasy hockey. Is anyone else in this deep?

• Locked thread