Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me
I just start bustin some caps

shoophobo posted:

the smart thing would be to save it, like with a CD or and Roth or something. Pay off debt etc..

But gently caress that go buy a new tv or a some other creature comfort.

Even at 10% RoI (which he won't get) that's $150/yr before taxes. Who cares. If you can't blow a free $1500 in college when can you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Ryoshi posted:

no mans sky is actually way fun and awesome if you didn't go into it with the mindset of someone who kickstarted star citizen, its a cool game to have installed so you can just chill out and explore planets after a long day at work

like of course there aren't giant fleet vs fleet space battles and poo poo lol smdh at these idiots who were all daydreaming about features like kids talking at recess

shhhhh don't let the mods hear!

Don't get my wrong, i like the game but for what it is but there isn't much too it. I only paid $20 for it though so I don't really mind.

NomChompsky
Sep 17, 2008

Give it to me so I can use it as a down payment on a new car my current one is fuckin dying op it's dying!

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.
Buy me a new set of tires, and I will name one of them after you.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
it really depends on ur personal financial situation at the moment, however savings or investment is never an incorrect answer to such a question. Now if you frequently find your self tired, stressed out, or feeling down then certainly consider something like a vacation, a new car, or perhaps a little home improvement to be an investment in yourself by improving your own mental wellbeing which will pay for itself then some!

1st_Panzer_Div.
May 11, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Red Suit posted:

I didn't realize when I paid my dues for college that it included the health insurance cost. I waived the insurance and was surprised today to see an extra $1500 in my checking account. What should I do with it?

Serious post, do you have health insurance? If not, the IRS is gonna put a fine out on you. They do it clever too, they just withhold that money from your tax return. If you don't have one this year, they'll do it next year until eventually they get their money.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Frankenstyle posted:

Buy me a new set of tires, and I will name one of them after you.

even getting ur front brakes done can provide u with that confidence boost u need!

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
Buy 1500 bucks worth of cocaine and sell it in grams. That's huge returns if you can keep your nose out of it. Aw gently caress it buy 1500 bucks worth of cocaine. Call me

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
gently caress practical, just dump it all on a sweet rear end VR capable computer and Headset, man

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
ill take plat OP thanks

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Hire a $1000 hooker, then a $10 one and see if the extra money is really worth it. Spend the remaining $490 on bleach to clean your genitals.

Bob James
Nov 15, 2005

by Lowtax
Ultra Carp
Time to try some krokodil.

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich

Red Suit posted:

nope, explain

who is dare

H O T D A M N!!!

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

my brother died today so give me the 1500 dollars so I can bury him lol

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
Do you have a nice bed, OP? If not, get a nice bed.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender
Put a hit out on somebody.

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Gtx 1080 and a copy of doom.

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

jonathan posted:

Gtx 1080 and a copy of doom.

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Buy a discount horse. If you get bored of it, just eat that horse. Win win.

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Though it sounds like you didn't get money so much as misplaced some.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
I recently came into that much. I gambled $1485, spent $5 on an AV and a $10 on a custom title for ROFLburger, after which he changed his back to normal. Money well spent IMHO

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
you should save it. then one day when you need $1500 you will have it

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Rutibex posted:

you should save it. then one day when you need $1500 you will have it

yes especially if u suddenly decide u need to be doing a lot more drugs...very handy!

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

ROFLburger posted:

buy yourself an avatar you jackass

Frisky
Apr 2, 2012

What turtle?
buy your parents something nice. not with all of it of course, but get something decent.

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Bitcoin!

the ol pump-n-bump
Jul 27, 2004

by Smythe
drugs or savings

naem
May 29, 2011

Save it as an emergency fund, anyone said that yet

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

just give me it please

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

Buy me a pony

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Buy Moon Atari a pony

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

strippers

DONKEY SALAMI
Jun 28, 2008

donkey? donkey?

Buy moon atari a pony stripper

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Hire thirty 50 dollar whores for an hour

Orkin Mang posted:

buy a first edition of the dictionary then look up gaylord & enjoy the photo of u thats there

Holy poo poo lol wrecked op

Has anyone ever seen a worse ownage than this

Just quit GBS while you're ahead OP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret