Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

https://bl2142.co/

whole thing is free and there are two full servers on 2142 right now. also works for BF2, but i care less about that. i'm playing as DongQuixote, look for me on the battlefield, soldiers of imp zone!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the new battlefront should've just been this with a star wars skin

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Is this worth a dl

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

I just had fun for a few matches. I had forgotten how janky it feels compared to contemporary BF games but the cool planes and tanks and Titans and mechs make up for it. Managed to storm the enemy Titan last match and it was cool as heck drop podding on there and coming out guns blazing. Good damage model too, soldiers don't feel like the bullet sponges from BF4 in non hardcore mode

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

I'll def take a look at this come monday. 2142 is my favorite.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

net cafe scandal posted:

Is this worth a dl

it's like an 06 battlefield game, it's some decent fun but it's way slower paced and "stiffer" than the modern ones. i'd say only try it for the nostalgia feels.

theres cool poo poo though, like stealth cloaks and EMPs and big metal gear mechs

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

It's all about the Titan mode or w/e it's called with the massive base ships and drop podding people, and so forth. Also that two person mech ripped straight from Tiberian Sun.

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Let me know when they brung back battlefield vietnam.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's cool how the cargo helicopters drop pod you out instead of parachuting

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Battlefield is slow paced AIDS for wussy clowns, in this gamer's opinion.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Kazvall posted:

It's all about the Titan mode or w/e it's called with the massive base ships and drop podding people, and so forth. Also that two person mech ripped straight from Tiberian Sun.

yeah all the servers that are up are titan mode, thats all anyone cares about i think

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

peak of the series. BFBC2 vietnam is really good but it almost never has any players these days

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I fuckin love 2142. My first match my buds were like, omg orbital strike, get under this bridge, then we were assaulted by orbital cannons and I was in love immediately

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
2142 is the only good game in the series

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

however much it may not have aged well, the final fights for the titans are incredibly rad. i was just posted up in the hallway with my squad, hunkered down with two machine gunners, my shotgun attachment, throwing grenades and ducking behind a mini-forcefield support guys can throw down. i got like 15 kills holding that hallway...then when the titan finally explodes, it's a pretty fantastic moment, with everything going up around you and no way to escape. RIP

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Frog Act posted:

however much it may not have aged well, the final fights for the titans are incredibly rad. i was just posted up in the hallway with my squad, hunkered down with two machine gunners, my shotgun attachment, throwing grenades and ducking behind a mini-forcefield support guys can throw down. i got like 15 kills holding that hallway...then when the titan finally explodes, it's a pretty fantastic moment, with everything going up around you and no way to escape. RIP

I want to play this now

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

the titan mode was the most fun thing ever, especially when you were with a bunch of dudes who actually communitcate. Blasting through the ship like future SWAT made you feel like a badass.

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
helluva game

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Titan mode is basically CTF but instead of the game ending you get to hold out for a Hail Mary at the last second

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Agean90 posted:

the titan mode was the most fun thing ever, especially when you were with a bunch of dudes who actually communitcate. Blasting through the ship like future SWAT made you feel like a badass.

Titan assaults were amazing. The carrier buses that have ejecting pods, hiding a respawn on the enemy titan, breaking through their defenses and barely snatching a victory

gently caress 2142 is good

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CintJYMqCbU&t=97s

seriously undersells how loving hardcore titan fights are

i would be insanely down to reinstall this if i could rock it with a squad on VOIP, i used to shred things back in the day as an engineer or assault

Coolguye fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Sep 24, 2016

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

this game was so cool

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

Frog Act posted:

yeah all the servers that are up are titan mode, thats all anyone cares about i think

peak of the series. BFBC2 vietnam is really good but it almost never has any players these days

bc Vietnam is just a meat grinder.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

HORMELCHILI posted:

this game was so cool

It's still super cool. Like some else said, it's be tight with a coordinated squad on teamspeak or something, I forgot how limiting text comms were in FPS games

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

Same. It was epic

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Le me blasting gooks from my copter while fortune son plays FTw

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

tumor looking batty posted:

/

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

tumor looking batty posted:

Lol

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

really good conquest match, got like 10 kills with one grenade, super satisfying...then a rad tooth and nail fight for our titan, racked up kills in Blue Sector Corridor 1 with the shotgun attachment. me and a support guy set up a crossfire where he would lay into them with the MG and i would shotgun them, took out a few squads that way

if they remade 2142 in Frostbite i'd be extremely stoked

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

Larry Parrish posted:

2142 is the only good game in the series

Desert Combat tho

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

there are still several full servers on EST weeknights. game is really good, i'm trying to unlock everything for every kit, cus right now it seems the default assault class rifles are better than the alternatives. wanna see if that holds true for recon

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

for assault the smg hybrid rifle you unlock is practically cheating

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

I remember one of the support machine guns being an absolute beast

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

This is the best battlefield game ever made

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
thanks for the link op I love 2142

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
it sucks that angels fall first is really close to 2142 and no one plays it

but gently caress it let us go play 2142

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Third World Reggin posted:

it sucks that angels fall first is really close to 2142 and no one plays it

but gently caress it let us go play 2142

angel's fall first seemed, like, really really bad when i tried it. i bought it and got thrust into this hellish world w/like 2002 tier textures and wonky physics and nonsensical gameplay...i returned it like immediately

• Locked thread