Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I think you all just miss Krusty's bestest friend in the whole world Mr Black

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.
I think it was a good idea for an episode, but the story was pretty crappy. They dropped the characters from the original to add (yet again) a character way in the back without any prior introduction or setup(or did I miss that). The whole going to therapy thing with the 'masters of sex' crew didn't seem to have any good jokes, same with wiggum and Lou. I dunno, maybe I didn't pay enough attention.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

mrfart posted:

They dropped the characters from the original to add (yet again) a character way in the back without any prior introduction or setup(or did I miss that).

The weird thing is that there were a bunch of random kids in the background of the scenes at Kamp Krusty in the original episode but rather than basing Charlie off one of those they just created a new character. At least, when I went back and watched the old episode last night none I didn't spot Charlie anywhere. There were a few blond kids that were similar but not quite similar enough to be the same character.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
22 for 30

In this parody of a cable sports show, Bart goes from delinquent with detention to the star basketball player at Springfield Elementary. Lisa covers Bart's success for the school paper, and Homer becomes the team's coach. Things go awry when Bart gets involved with the mafia

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
I honestly think this season's been the best since the 20th, so an average "concept" episode like this sticks out as a weaker serving.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
A Father's Watch

Marge consults parenting "experts" for advice when she suspects that Bart is heading down the road to failure. Meanwhile, Homer opens up a trophy store in Springfield; and Grandpa gifts Bart with a valuable watch, one that Homer's had his eye on.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
Only caught up on it. It's not a good one.

I appreciated the mocking of the parenting advice circuit, but it really didn't have anything fresh to say about "everyone gets a trophy". At least they don't blame the kids for that. Then it pivoted too hard to being an episode "with heart" and it was too hard a turn.

So is this first time we've seen Great Great Grampa Simpson? Also, it's been a while since we saw the room behind the garage.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
Caper Chase

Disappointed in Yale, Mr. Burns decides to start his own for-profit university and Homer is hired as a professor.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
This episode's a stinker. Shame. This has been the most solid season for a while.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year
I guess SJWs are just as bad as for profit colleges?

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
HAHAHA MILLENNIALS IN COLLEGE, RIGHT?

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I don't know, I enjoyed most of the side jokes, even if the main plot was a little "haha SJWs"

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
Looking for Mr. Goodbart

Bart gets in trouble on Grandparents Day at school and is forced to hang out with Skinner's mother as punishment. After spending time with various grandmas in the neighborhood, he learns the benefits of hanging out with the elderly, but eventually recognizes the dangers of taking advantage of them. Meanwhile, Peekimon Get has taken over the town of Springfield.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
That B plot already sounds atrocious.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

I wish they would stop doing episodes involving a character narrating the story as a framing device if it has an unrelated side plot. I guess Bart thought his own story was a little thin.

e: okay, so they tied it together at the end.

J-Spot fucked around with this message at 01:26 on May 1, 2017

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
That wasn't too bad. Though, I did turn down the volume once the Pokemon song spoof kicked in.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Pokemon Go is really my only real exposure to Pokemon, so I enjoyed a little bit. I liked Grandpa going "And I thought my stories were long!".

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
Moho House

Homer and Marge's attempt to work on their marriage hits a bump in the form of home wrecker Nigel, who has a bet with Mr. Burns that he can break up the two. But Moe comes up with an unconventional plan to help the couple get back their mojo.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
What if this show had continuity. What then.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
:siren:SEASON FINALE:siren:

Dogtown

The status of all canines in Springfield goes way up after Homer's court case determines that a dog's life is more valuable than a human's. And this new lofty position of power is not lost on man's best friends as they assert their dominance over the humans.

CrimsonAuthor
Nov 14, 2006
Rick and Morty did it.

e: Heh, Poochie in the background.

CrimsonAuthor fucked around with this message at 01:28 on May 22, 2017

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Surprised they ran that couch gag since three people died on Everest today.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/21/world/asia/mount-everest-climbers-died-american-indian-slovakian.html?_r=0

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

What a weird thing to be concerned about.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Well, I'm not too concerned about it., it's just that they've pulled stuff from TV for less. Like I said, weird coincidence and I'm surprised it just wasn't pulled. Especially since it was a strange before the credits one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
Episode was mostly amusing, visual gags. And a nice non-arc for Gil.

Apart from the Ivy League episode, this season was solid.

• Locked thread