Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

JediTalentAgent posted:

All cash currency has a barcode of its serial number and date of production and value, and all transactions must use a scanner to identify the bill. The barcode will be poorly incorporated with a stylized American flag logo.

The government can then track the progress of every note of cash from bank, to consumer, to business and back. Bills can be flagged remotely or used to track the movement of suspicious individuals and their purchases.

Only if this means I can send my dealer drug money via android app.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug

reignofevil posted:

This is honestly not too bad of an idea.

Actually if you try to put cash in a new copier or scanner it will refuse to do it and bitch at you about it.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
All drug deals will be done with coinage, now, to hide from 'paper trail'. Transactions go down with a roll of dollar coins that can also double as a makeshift weapon.

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
i wonder if anyone has tried to poop and pee on a dolalr bill before using it

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

Smash it Smash hit posted:

i wonder if anyone has tried to poop and pee on a dolalr bill before using it

word on the street is most dollar bills come pre-pooped

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

future dollars bills will be sentient and raised in tightly knit communities with a scientifically constructed culture of xenophobia and toxic masculinity, guaranteeing that when a counterfeit dollar is placed in a cash register with a real dollar, the real dollar pretty much has to put the counterfeit's rear end in the hospital or he's never gonna get laid again

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016

Parallax Scroll posted:

starting in 2018, dollar bills will no longer come with Flash pre-installed

:golfclap:

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.
Make the bills from lunchmeat. This will boost the economy by encouraging spending, as people will be constantly be playing a game of financial hot-potato in the hope that they won't be left holding the bill when it goes bad. Also, counterfeit bills will have a short shelf life.

Or just switch to a sexual favors barter economy.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Frankenstyle posted:

Or just switch to a sexual favors barter economy.

*emerges from dumpster behind 7-11 covered in cum and garbage* wayyy ahead of you buddy

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.

Smythe posted:

*emerges from dumpster behind 7-11 covered in cum and garbage* wayyy ahead of you buddy

I fell for that trick a couple times too. But I found out that if you just hide and wait for the cashier to go back inside, you can totally snag that trash bag of day old donuts for free!

Color me embarrassed.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Trade all currency in the form of account upgrades.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Don't let anyone see what money looks like and then when someone tries to counterfeit it they won't know how.

• Locked thread