Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
on my iphone when i am looking at the new GBS the entire screen's worth of posts is stickied posts. do we really need so many stickied posts? i liked the old regime where the only sticky was the rules and maybe a hot active photoshop thread. we dont need multiples in the opinion of this poster. let good posts rise to the top without any sort of artificial controls in place. full posting communism NOW in the opinion of this poster. what does everyone else here think?

i think i have a legitimate fear that if any more threads get stickied (dont get any funny ideas, mods) then we'll be at threat level red and in danger of being taken over by an entire first page of nothing but stickied threads, a hopeless recycling of ideas swirling in dozens of threads that just won't die, a stifling environment where nothing can grow, nothing new can thrive, nothing funny can emerge. i've seen it in a dream, nay, a vision i had during the dark days of yore when old GBS was transitioning into new GBS. god help us all.

the horror... the horror.....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Is there a way to expand the amount of threads that display per page?

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
yeah but's a $10 upgrade

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

it's just in user control panel it doesn't require plat I don't think

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

All the stickied threads are good, go post in them.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
i rock the default settings sorry man we're gonna need a better solution than that can you try thinking OUTSIDE the box

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

FactsAreUseless posted:

All the stickied threads are good, go post in them.

they are good i just dont agree with stickied privilege

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

thathonkey posted:

on my iphone

I think I found your problem, OP.

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

I put it on show all threads but still wish I could do more if that were possible.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
Lol if your SA posting is at such a low level that your eyes don't just glaze over while you automatically scroll past any stickied threads

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

i think stickying threads has a lot of negatives to it. every time i like a thread and it gets stickied, i can't find the thread anymore, because i don't look at the sticky threads at all. i know mods or admins will tell me this is a problem with me, and not with stickied threads, but it makes perfect sense doesn't it?

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

furthermore, it seems like threads that are good don't need to be stickied, because if they are good people will be constantly posting in them, bumping them to the top of the forum. those are my thoughts on sticky threads. thank you gentlemen.

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

i generally assume stickied threads are basic af, like 'new girl' or 'modern family' but in thread form

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

Hell Yeah posted:

i think stickying threads has a lot of negatives to it. every time i like a thread and it gets stickied, i can't find the thread anymore, because i don't look at the sticky threads at all. i know mods or admins will tell me this is a problem with me, and not with stickied threads, but it makes perfect sense doesn't it?

look at this chucklefuck who doesn't have threads he's posted in appear in his user control panel

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

thathonkey posted:

on my iphone when i am looking at the new GBS the entire screen's worth of posts is stickied posts. do we really need so many stickied posts? i liked the old regime where the only sticky was the rules and maybe a hot active photoshop thread. we dont need multiples in the opinion of this poster. let good posts rise to the top without any sort of artificial controls in place. full posting communism NOW in the opinion of this poster. what does everyone else here think?

i think i have a legitimate fear that if any more threads get stickied (dont get any funny ideas, mods) then we'll be at threat level red and in danger of being taken over by an entire first page of nothing but stickied threads, a hopeless recycling of ideas swirling in dozens of threads that just won't die, a stifling environment where nothing can grow, nothing new can thrive, nothing funny can emerge. i've seen it in a dream, nay, a vision i had during the dark days of yore when old GBS was transitioning into new GBS. god help us all.

the horror... the horror.....

It isn't like I read all this stuff but your mother is familiar with sticky

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.
This thread should be stickied, to keep us aware of this threat.

• Locked thread