Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald

Quick Draw McGraw posted:

Hey nerds I want to replace my Rockbox Sansa Clip+ because the batteries are getting odld. What's a similar cheap small mp3 player with good audio?

Its free, its called your cell phone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spleen merchant
Jul 1, 2007
Fun Shoe

fognl posted:

I don't know about that one, most of the audio sups and engineers I know love to buy nice schoeps, dpa, etc... mics. They definitely carry a hefty pricetag.

I was thinking more SM57/58s etc - point being there are going to be components in the original signal chain that weren't manufactured from unicorn farts - sound that is recorded, mixed and mastered by human hands and ears. They are seeking a level of fidelity that is lost long before it gets to their cable risers.

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
Dynamo hum
Dynamo hum
Cant tell where this sound's coming from

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

fognl posted:

This reminds me, does anyone else remember the audiophile dude with the lovely house that he had shored-up all his ceilings with 4x4's because all the bass was slowly shaking his house apart. He uploaded a few walkthrough videos on youtube of his home as it shook. Someone with better youtube search kung fu please find these.

lmao someone please do, this sounds like audio masaokis

• Locked thread