Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
b0ner of doom
Mar 17, 2006
October 1st snow ftw. Can't wait for winter activities imo. post about whatever winter recreation things you're looking forward to.

I'm looking forward to cross-country skiing soon myself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I like ice skating, but not indoors or on a rink or anything. It has to be out on a real pond or lake somewhere. Or even snowshoeing on a lake. I just like frozen lakes.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

I'm combining your interests, I ordered some cross country skate skis yesterday.

Epitope
Nov 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Snowmans. Glissading. Tackling u into that drift :q:

meselfs
Sep 26, 2015

The body may die, but the soul is always rotten
I guess I'll start by walking through snowy woods, and if I can stay focused enough despite such beauty climb a mountain? Yep, I'm excited too!

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Snow makes everything look dead. May as well walk in a gym imo

b0ner of doom
Mar 17, 2006
It's minus 7 c and snowing lots today. Love walking on fresh snow

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Cumslut1895 posted:

The gym has people which are generally less enjoyable than dead things so I'll stick to the forest.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Cumslut1895 posted:

What... Snow is beautiful. Like everything got a fresh coat of paint.

Epitope
Nov 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Sledding report.
Fresh snow after a very dry start to the season. Many boulder and bush hazards obscured by beautiful fluff. Most plastic sleds destroyed in one run. Blood, bruises, maybe a torn rotator cuff.
Summary: Excellent

mAlfunkti0n
May 19, 2004
Fallen Rib

Epitope posted:

Sledding report.
Fresh snow after a very dry start to the season. Many boulder and bush hazards obscured by beautiful fluff. Most plastic sleds destroyed in one run. Blood, bruises, maybe a torn rotator cuff.
Summary: Excellent

That sounds like a normal sledding adventure! If someone isn't a little injured at the end, was it actually any fun?

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

I recently ruined sledding for my two-year old. He went down a small slope for the first time and enjoyed the hell out of it, so I cranked up the difficulty and put him on a slightly bigger small slope. It was juuuust enough for him to lose his balance and fall face first into snow now and now whenever he sees the sled he 'll go "no sled, I just walk today". The one time we put him on it he just covered his face with his hands protectively.

Sorry babby, maybe we can try again next year :(

Anachronist
Feb 13, 2009

I rented snowshoes this past weekend and I just bought some on Craigslist! I'm excited to clamber up slopes with no regard for paths soon. It's been snowing a lot here too so even the small trail complexes right next to town have enough snow to make wearing seem snowshoes worthwhile.

Has anyone else gone snowshoeing this year? Did you do it to ski down or just for the fun of it?

b0ner of doom
Mar 17, 2006
i've done it just for the fun of it a few times this year so far

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squalid
Nov 4, 2008

Guest2553 posted:

I recently ruined sledding for my two-year old. He went down a small slope for the first time and enjoyed the hell out of it, so I cranked up the difficulty and put him on a slightly bigger small slope. It was juuuust enough for him to lose his balance and fall face first into snow now and now whenever he sees the sled he 'll go "no sled, I just walk today". The one time we put him on it he just covered his face with his hands protectively.

Sorry babby, maybe we can try again next year :(

I bet if you had a toboggan big enough for you to sit in with him in your lap he'd start feeling comfortable again.

• Locked thread