Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
On a whim, I recently watched the first Charlie's Angels movie, and Lucy Liu has not aged at all in the intervening 17 (!) years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Yeah it is uncanny.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
She could (and really should) have been a big action star in the 2000s. Pity that Ecks vs Sever was rubbish.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

That is a surprise, I was expecting a 13-ep wrap-up. Should we expect weekly episodes through late May, or will it run into June/July?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
21 seems like a weird number since all the others were 24? If I remember correctly?

Either way, still sounds like a wrap-up and I hope they do it well I love you Elementary

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
At least Shinwell being dead means they won't bring him back.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Shinwell wasn't awful but S4 was probably the best since S1 and it was a hard act to follow with no... really... meaningful players. Moriarty wasn't there, Kitty was barely there, Morland wasn't there, and don't make me miss Mycroft. don't. make. me. miss. mycroft.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I'm just hoping they resolve Watson's rivalry with the one crooked detective she once beat in a boxing match.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

HookShot posted:

At least Shinwell being dead means they won't bring him back.

Too loving soon, boyo.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Wheat Loaf posted:

I'm just hoping they resolve Watson's rivalry with the one crooked detective she once beat in a boxing match.

I'd say the main failing of the arcs in the show is that Watson arcs tend to drop quickly and with little impact. Who remembers the same of her boyfriend who was loving murdered right before her eyes?! Doesn't come up. Same with the boxing cop and her mother's dementia.

Jorghnassen
Oct 1, 2007
Glouton des fjords

Wheat Loaf posted:

On a whim, I recently watched the first Charlie's Angels movie, and Lucy Liu has not aged at all in the intervening 17 (!) years.

I remember from the short-lived sitcom Pearl... She hasn't changed all that much since then.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
Yeah, a couple months ago I re-watched Kill Bill Volume 1 and it was weird and uncanny how exactly the same she looked then, too.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
Season 5 to me is where the show really, really started to feel tired and old; like they'd run out of inspiration and were just going through the motions.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

Season 4 ending with them framing Vickner, roughly 1/3 of season 5 was Sherlock & Watson continuing that trend.
Season 5 was Sherlock/Watson working beyond the system & normal ethics to bring down criminals; which should
lead to a interesting season 6 if Moriarty does return & throw all that back into their faces,
..........along with John Nobles severed head to increase Sherlock's love/hate fixation on Irene Moriarty.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
They expanded Season 6 to a total of 21 episodes.

quote:

"... He'll also find his sobriety regimen 'competing' with a regimen designed to address his prognosis. There will be times he'll question whether he can tackle one problem without succumbing to the other. And, of course, there will be an impact on his work ... The work won't come as easily to him when the new season begins. At least not at first. In the meantime, he'll to have to commit himself to his health and to his partnership in ways that will be very challenging to him," the EP teased.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Just let the man do his loving drugs goddamn.

kimeeri
Mar 2, 2014

The Lord Bude posted:

Season 5 to me is where the show really, really started to feel tired and old; like they'd run out of inspiration and were just going through the motions.
Agreed. This was the first time that I didn't feel impatient about the new season, even though it starts half a year (?) later than usual.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
I'm looking for info so I can work on making a new thread but we apparently still do not have a start date for season 6 :psyduck:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Yep it’s weird. This might be vecause they extended the season

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
So uhhhhh...

http://www.tvguide.com/news/cbs-return-dates-elementary-code-black/

April 30th is our premiere date, apparently. I guess Elementary is a summer show now? :psyduck:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Release date!!! Whoop woop!!

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
I sure wasn't expecting end of April, but hell a date is a date so I'll take it.

I was hoping the Feb 11 speculation I'd seen elsewhere at some point or another was gonna be true so we'd get it immediately after the Super Bowl, though. Ah well.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

CBS All Access requires fresh meat for the months of spring & summer.

LaptopGun
Sep 2, 2006

All I'm going to get out of him is a snappy one-liner and, if I'm real lucky, a brand new nickname.
Day changed again too. I don’t think this bodes well for the prospect of additional seasons

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Good? I love the show but all things in their time.

Jorghnassen
Oct 1, 2007
Glouton des fjords

LaptopGun posted:

Day changed again too. I don’t think this bodes well for the prospect of additional seasons

I was surprised we got one in the first place, and it started as a half-season order. So, yeah, don't think there'll be another season after this one. All I want is to see Moriarty one last time, hopefully for a few episodes. End with a bang, call it a day.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
It's had a good run.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

Looking forward to the new season.

Bring back Clyde, bring back the anti-AI dude, bring back Everyone.

LaptopGun
Sep 2, 2006

All I'm going to get out of him is a snappy one-liner and, if I'm real lucky, a brand new nickname.
You know Everyone will be in a few episodes. It’s easy comic relief when the writers include Everyone.

I agree they need to include Moriarty in whatever the final season ends up being

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
I actually hate Everyone and wish they would go away forever.

But yeah if they bring back Moriarty and Morland that would be amazing.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Bring back everyone, uggo brother included. Go nuts.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I was just thinking about how much I missed this show. Glad to have a date at least.

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
There was a disconcerting lack of Clyde last year. They better make up for it .

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Clyde x Morland :colbert:

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

Anytime the Everyone collective shows up, I try to see if the show tosses in any references to Mr Angelina Jolie the 1st's first hollywood movie Hackers.
Wearing a dress: yes.
rollerblades: not yet.

LaptopGun
Sep 2, 2006

:woop: :yotj:

CBS has started running promos for the season premiere. It’s about time. Probably not the best way to build buzz to wait until like 2 weeks before the premiere, but at least the show will be back on.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

LaptopGun posted:

:woop: :yotj:

CBS has started running promos for the season premiere. It’s about time. Probably not the best way to build buzz to wait until like 2 weeks before the premiere, but at least the show will be back on.

I'M JAZZED AS gently caress

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Pick posted:

I'M JAZZED AS gently caress
:same:

I'm writing up a new OP (which should be less lovely than the current one) and I'll put it up sometime this week.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Don't forget!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Season 6 thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3855426

3 days until the premiere! :woop:

• Locked thread