Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

kukrunkarmaskin posted:

Crossposting but in honor of our fallen heroes, I'm making this for the SA Gamedev thingy.

Fructidor: Juicy Fruities, a guilloutine-themed fruit slicing game, set in the French Revolution. (First "gameplay" video in the second link)

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3802279&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=2#post467970233
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3802279&pagenumber=3#post467984112

gently caress I wish OP had Toxx'ed himself with the whole "I'd like to see you assholes make a game huh HUH?!" angle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lalaland
Nov 8, 2012
that game doesnt even have anime

kukrunkarmaskin
Mar 28, 2005

you should see my TMNT® Machinegun
There WILL be anime.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

And where is the crowd funding page in three languages!? How can you be a professional with but a single language.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

kukrunkarmaskin posted:

Crossposting but in honor of our fallen heroes, I'm making this for the SA Gamedev thingy.

Fructidor: Juicy Fruities, a guilloutine-themed fruit slicing game, set in the French Revolution. (First "gameplay" video in the second link)

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3802279&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=2#post467970233
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3802279&pagenumber=3#post467984112
drat, this owns.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

kukrunkarmaskin posted:

work on a crowdfunding campaign and I bet you get more money than thermidor did

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

Palpek posted:

drat, this owns.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
26 December 2016 - $717 USD raised by 19 backers / 0% of $240,000 fixed goal

28 December 2016 - $802 USD raised by 22 backers / 0% of $240,000 fixed goal

31 December 2016 - $802 USD raised by 22 backers / 0% of $240,000 fixed goal

3 January 2017 - $802 USD raised by 22 backers / 0% of $240,000 fixed goal

5 January 2017 - $802 USD raised by 22 backers / 0% of $240,000 fixed goal

Increase in amount raised since the last update - 0

Increase in number of backers since the last update - 0

No. of days left - 24

Shortfall between target and amount raised so far - $239,198

Average amount of new funds per day required to meet target - $9,966.58

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

GunnerJ posted:

I don't think so, which is a MAJOR drawback, but is more in line with their (misguided) policy on guillotines.

eta: Would be happy to learn that I'm wrong and that the role of Eponine could be played by a tsundere guillotine.

Les Miserables was set like 100 years after the french revolution and is famous for its climax being an embarrassingly bad attempt at a revolt in the streets of Paris that lasted two days because literally nobody cared and everyone thought it was dumb.... which I suppose would be an accurate parallel to this indiegogo campaign

Nuns with Guns fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Jan 5, 2017

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

hey OP of the thread, i am a big fan of this game idea -- and i am actually a millionaire sultan of a micronesian island called tuptaluk, you probably have not heard of it but i have like 50 million dollars, and i am considering donating 500 thousand dollars to this game but i need to know if this game is going to have refrigerators in it for storing aged deli meats.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Aged/cured meats don't need to be refrigerated you dumdum!!

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Kelp Me! posted:

Aged/cured meats don't need to be refrigerated you dumdum!!

are you suggesting we just put the meats on the ground like a loving ape?

E: look at me! my name is "kelp me" and i think i am better than the great sultan of tuptaluk! i like to suck up prosciutto off the floor with an extra wide straw because i am just too cultured for refrigerators! :fuckoff:

pog boyfriend fucked around with this message at 07:22 on Jan 5, 2017

avoraciopoctules
Oct 22, 2012

What is this kid's DEAL?!

kukrunkarmaskin posted:

Those fruit slicing vids make me want to play Metal Gear Rising. Lookin' good! :sotw:

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

I'm still away on a trip, but I'm still interested in taking a crack at making a dumb guillotine game, and I'm really looking forward to playing that game jam entry!

Khorne
May 1, 2002
They're probably planning to run another campaign but with a different approach. That's what everyone who wants their pet project to actually get funded does.

It's okay if the first campaign fails because they took an approach that didn't click with their target audience.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Yeah pretty clear they hosed up trying to make it cute.

Khorne posted:

They're probably planning to run another campaign but with a different approach.
That different approach is showing off/explaining more of the actual gameplay beyond saying "state of the art 3D Tactical Japanese RPG with a unique gameplay system"

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

pog boyfriend posted:

E: look at me! my name is "kelp me" and i think i am better than the great sultan of tuptaluk! i like to suck up prosciutto off the floor with an extra wide straw because i am just too cultured for refrigerators! :fuckoff:

what kind of loving monster serves prosciutto cold

I bet you serve your cheeses straight out of the fridge too you shriveled empty husk of a human being

e: and it's Kelp Me! with the exclamation point get it right or pay the price

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

pog boyfriend posted:

I keep my salami in the fridge so my dog doesn't get it, the great sultan of Tuptaluk has the right idea here.

lalaland
Nov 8, 2012

JosephWongKS posted:

26 December 2016 - $717 USD raised by 19 backers / 0% of $240,000 fixed goal

28 December 2016 - $802 USD raised by 22 backers / 0% of $240,000 fixed goal

31 December 2016 - $802 USD raised by 22 backers / 0% of $240,000 fixed goal

3 January 2017 - $802 USD raised by 22 backers / 0% of $240,000 fixed goal

5 January 2017 - $802 USD raised by 22 backers / 0% of $240,000 fixed goal

Increase in amount raised since the last update - 0

Increase in number of backers since the last update - 0

No. of days left - 24

Shortfall between target and amount raised so far - $239,198

Average amount of new funds per day required to meet target - $9,966.58

so what you're saying is we are still on track to make this thing happen

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

kukrunkarmaskin posted:

There WILL be anime.

add busty animes ladies and we will talk

DoctorGonzo fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Jan 5, 2017

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

hey op, you better respond fast... my advisor said to me if i spent 500 thousand dollars american(this is about 24.6 million pesos by the way) on something frivolous like funding a JRPG there would be another peasants revolt. i tried explaining to him that a lot of people in tuptaluk speak and read japanese so this would be really cool to them, but he insisted that the militarys morale simply can not handle suppressing another rebellion like the kind after i dropped 10 million pesos on getting lil wayne to perform here.

basically my budget has been limited to 250 thousand dollars, and that was very tenuous. i would imagine he is going to try to bring it down even more, so you should really reply fast re: the refrigerator issue.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Golden Goat posted:

Yeah pretty clear they hosed up trying to make it cute.

Pretty progressive having a transman in a game set during the french revolution tho.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Some jackass is trying to set up another Thermidor thread to distract people from the crowdfunding campaign! https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3804254 Apparently we're too sassy for the OP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hyperdevbox
Aug 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Some legitimate questions and comments were made here in the past week or so. But finding them among all of the crap posts in this thread, has turned out to be a difficult task and completely time-wasting.
Thus, I have decided to create a new thread for people who actually want to get informed about the development of Thermidor.

We are a small team based in Tokyo, trying our absolute hardest to create this JRPG, and we will continue working hard until it is complete.
I have never in my life dealt with so many insults, and some where just downright hurtful.
But as an adult man, I choose to try and ignore them, and continue with the task in hand.

Anyway, here is some music to chill to - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rP7YArQsDFY
And some music to blow your brains out - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnNPXRsqFx0

Peace.

• Locked thread