Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fighting Elegy
Jan 2, 2007
I do not masturbate; I FIGHT!
That last episode was so good it could have been Walking Dead.

But i think that points to why I've been able to stay interested in this show. It's a continuation of the story and tone we saw in Walking Dead, instead of feeling like a separate spin-off adventure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill

Pillowpants posted:

Fear had a lot of potential, but no one was watching by S4 when it started getting better with mostly a whole new cast. season 8 was pretty terrible though. Very anti climactic.

Really? I thought everybody agreed Fear S3 was the best season by far. S4 has an awkward time skip and killed main characters. Then it went real downhill real fast. The new showrunners AMC hired were terrible, absolute garbage. They made D+D's final seasons GoT look like Shakespeare.

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

ProperCauldron posted:

Really? I thought everybody agreed Fear S3 was the best season by far. S4 has an awkward time skip and killed main characters. Then it went real downhill real fast. The new showrunners AMC hired were terrible, absolute garbage. They made D+D's final seasons GoT look like Shakespeare.

I agree here with the general reception that it was bad after three excellent seasons of television hit their peak. It went from a gritty story of a family that was at least kinda grounded to this weird "everyone is obsessed about this annoying loving child all the sudden, nothing is more important" show where women show up with some documentary schtick that kinda took me out of this show previously about survival, and just adding things like meme vans with guns that would in no way ever be functional ( not even to mention how huge a waste of ammo ).

Me and my wife binged the first golden seasons but even trying to wade through garbage, we couldn't make it beyond Madison's "death".

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
The time jump in the first season ruined the show for me and while I finished the season, I didn’t start back up again until I saw season 4 had started airing and the cast was excellent.

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

A legit tweet from the official FtWD account during season 4:

https://x.com/feartwd/status/1042838261222264832?s=46&t=2aYE4vehLTaJu6OiYlv8LQ

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

This poo poo is ridiculous lmao

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
So it's all over (again), what's next?

Fighting Elegy
Jan 2, 2007
I do not masturbate; I FIGHT!
I'm so mad this wasn't 2 seasons or at least 8-10 episodes. I honestly feel like this show had everything I like about Walking Dead. Interesting and well-acted villain, dystopia, and people finding comfort in one another while the world is crumbling around them but it felt so rushed to me! Episode 4, where people actually stayed in one place and talked stuff out, was my favorite episode of this by far.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
If you haven’t watched it - world beyond basically takes place right before this. Season 2 has Jadis as the big bad setting up the destruction of Portland while watching people at the research facility in Ithaca. It had good world building, just a bad cast.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Fighting Elegy posted:

I'm so mad this wasn't 2 seasons or at least 8-10 episodes. I honestly feel like this show had everything I like about Walking Dead. Interesting and well-acted villain, dystopia, and people finding comfort in one another while the world is crumbling around them but it felt so rushed to me! Episode 4, where people actually stayed in one place and talked stuff out, was my favorite episode of this by far.

Is Ep 4 where they flew a plane into a building purposely, somehow live, find a fully immaculate condo with power 10+ years into the apocalypse?

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Marmaduke! posted:

So it's all over (again), what's next?

they all lived happily ever after

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
So rick just survived a grenade just blowing up on his chest huh?

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
You could tell they were thinking about Glenning that part but luckily not much time to waste so they revealed he survived - as we all knew - within a minute or so.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

mcmagic posted:

So rick just survived a grenade just blowing up on his chest huh?

He rolled it under the zombies and all their bodies absorbed the shrapnel and the explosion, which I can believe

The harder to believe explosion was when they set off all those Phosgene warheads and survived by getting under a flag soaked in water.

I nitpick cause I love. This miniseries was better than it had any right to be and it just makes it sting more that the other spinoff shows will continue to shamble on for more seasons when this woulda been the best ending for the franchise

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
My nitpick is that they're based in Philly - they're wiping out colonies on the West Coast because of large million zombie armies, but they're somehow not aware of the Commonwealth or some evil lady running New York with Negan, or whatever the hell it is they're doing in France?

Extra row of tits
Oct 31, 2020

Pillowpants posted:

If you haven’t watched it - world beyond basically takes place right before this. Season 2 has Jadis as the big bad setting up the destruction of Portland while watching people at the research facility in Ithaca. It had good world building, just a bad cast.

I firmly disagree.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

Pillowpants posted:

My nitpick is that they're based in Philly - they're wiping out colonies on the West Coast because of large million zombie armies, but they're somehow not aware of the Commonwealth or some evil lady running New York with Negan, or whatever the hell it is they're doing in France?

They did say they have spies embedded within a lot of communities. And since they all suck and almost always make Terrible decisions, it could be argued that this is CRM's doing...