Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gene Hackman Fan

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
please be advised: because of a change in our insurance agreement, this year's talent competition will no longer award prizes in the pratfalls category. our thoughts continue to be with charles windom and his family as he continues the road to recovery without the benefits of any planes, trains, or automobiles to speed things along.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gene Hackman Fan

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
change of schedule: the 8:20 panel of SCTV discussion has been postponed until the following evening. eugene levy sends his apologies, owing to a last-minute american pie sequel.

Gene Hackman Fan fucked around with this message at 14:03 on Oct 7, 2016

Gene Hackman Fan

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
reminder: while candycon is an opportunity to network and build friendships, this event is devoted to the business side of looking like john candy. any signs bearing the slogan "I'm in cosplay, and this is my consent" will be confiscated on sight by event organizers. repeat offenders will be banned from event premesises.

Gene Hackman Fan fucked around with this message at 14:04 on Oct 7, 2016

railroad terror

choo choo
Really liking the 2016 Bobsleds this year for Cool Runnings-era Candy lookalikes. You get a free mini bobsled if you stop by the booth before noon

mysterious frankie

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
this year I lost a lot of weight and thought I couldn't go, but I came up with a fun little twist and am now going as John Vegetables.

----------------
Could the universe and starts be an enlarged reflection of the atomic world?

alnilam

*looking into a mirror, practicing* I'm Gus Bolinski, polka k-- *trying a different way* I'm Gus Bolinski, polka king of the Midwest

I'm Gus Bolinski, polka king of the Midwest *gives an affable "maybe you've heard of me?" look*

drat I'm good

Gene Hackman Fan

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
personally, i'm a more than a little troubled by the "expanding waistlines, expanding opportunities" panel. i mean, i'm sure the industry's seen some slowing business in the last few years, but i think it really goes against the spirit off the event in entertaining the idea of opening the door to calling it "candy plus other fat celebrities con"

flavor.flv

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I am really pleased with the turnout today, I'm seeing a lot of faces here that I haven't seen in a long time. I'm sorry for the Chris Farley community's financial losses in recent years, but I'm happy that so many of you have decided to rejoin us.

Manifisto

alnilam posted:

*looking into a mirror, practicing* I'm Gus Bolinski, polka k-- *trying a different way* I'm Gus Bolinski, polka king of the Midwest

I'm Gus Bolinski, polka king of the Midwest *gives an affable "maybe you've heard of me?" look*

drat I'm good

ty nesamdoom!

ghosthorse

...you forget so easily...
This year I'm going as Satan John Candy from Planes Trains & Automobiles again. But with a sexy back cut out to show off my "You wanna hurt me? Go right ahead if it makes you feel any better. I’m an easy target. Yeah, you’re right, I talk too much. I also listen too much. I could be a cold-hearted cynic like you… but I don’t like to hurt people’s feelings. Well, you think what you want about me; I’m not changing. I like… I like me. My wife likes me. My customers like me. ‘Cause I’m the real article. What you see is what you get" Gothic script tattoo I got at the last con.

Gene Hackman Fan

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
philip franker, of campbell hall, new york expressed similar concerns: "it seems like every year there are fewer and fewer overweight celebrities to imitate. i thought gabrielle sidobe and bobby monahan signaled a new wave, but now they're all health conscious and lost a lot of weight." when asked if he intended to follow suit, franker replied that he didn't see a reason as to why.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

mysterious frankie

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
*on stage at open mic stand up night*

so great to see all of you... and I mean allllll *make gutty gutty fatso hands around his stomach, indicating he refers to excessive girth* of you!

*audience silent*

eheh, well it's been nice to see so many old friends around. but I guess there's no other way to see people attending the convention than-

*audience member coughs*

-a round! *makes gutty hand motions again*

*two audience member begin talking loudly*

hey, give me a break you two! I don't go to where you find fulfillment and knock the entire Old Country Buffet out of your mouth!

*begins sweating*

*audience also sweats a lot*

----------------
Could the universe and starts be an enlarged reflection of the atomic world?

Manifisto

mysterious frankie posted:

*on stage at open mic stand up night*

so great to see all of you... and I mean allllll *make gutty gutty fatso hands around his stomach, indicating he refers to excessive girth* of you!

*audience silent*

eheh, well it's been nice to see so many old friends around. but I guess there's no other way to see people attending the convention than-

*audience member coughs*

-a round! *makes gutty hand motions again*

*two audience member begin talking loudly*

hey, give me a break you two! I don't go to where you find fulfillment and knock the entire Old Country Buffet out of your mouth!

*begins sweating*

*audience also sweats a lot*

lol

ty nesamdoom!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The X-man cometh
I'd like to register a complaint that once again, the Great Outdoors section is indoors.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

• Locked thread