Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Well?

Awful, serial killer chicken scratch? Have you made an effort to improve it? Why?

Any weird quirks in your handwriting you've added or adapted?

I stopped using the top and bottom bars on the capital I a couple years ago (actually almost a decade now).

My handwriting is loving awful though. Sometimes this is cool, a puzzle, but most of the time it's vaguely embarrassing.

"Here's a stylus example of my serial killer wretched writing. It becomes more representative the longer I writing, also, the smaller I write..."

I have a hard time making G distinctive without making it look like a foggy C or over exaggerated G with the hook.

I use open top 4s. I add horizontal crosses to 7 and Z.

I hold my pencil next to my middle fingers nail, applying lateral pressure with the tip of my index finger and opposite pressure with the bottom of my thumb. It creates a triangular hold.

I know some people hold their pencil on their ring finger and use middle and index fingers to apply pressure against their thumb. This is bizarre to me.

I'm Right handed.

Your turn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The smidler I worse. :smug:

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

It's completely illegible chicken scratch like my father's.

Biblical Fucking
Nov 21, 2013

Ask me about where to find fucking in the Bible!

Better Fred Than Dead posted:

I hold my pencil next to my middle fingers nail, applying lateral pressure with the tip of my index finger and opposite pressure with the bottom of my thumb. It creates a triangular hold.

This is how I hold a pencil as well and, like yours, my handwriting is also a horrible, unreadable mess. Maybe that's part of the problem.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Biblical loving posted:

This is how I hold a pencil as well and, like yours, my handwriting is also a horrible, unreadable mess. Maybe that's part of the problem.

It's like we were tricked into this method of holding. As a joke.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
I've been playing video games since the late 80s and jerking it since the mid 90s so my hands are crippled with carpal tunnel. My handwriting is barely legible.

Kuato fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Oct 10, 2016

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

I don't think I've physically written something since maybe sometime in August

It's completely illegible anyway

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
I write in all capital letters. I just make a larger capital letter to start sentences and poo poo

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

my handwriting hasnt changed since i was 10. its not great but its legible

Science Rocket
Sep 4, 2006

Putting the Flash in Flash Man
I found out that I may have dysgraphia when I took a Child Abnormal Psychology Class. The samples from kids that have it contain better handwriting than my own.

my bat mitzvah ROCKED posted:

I write in all capital letters. I just make a larger capital letter to start sentences and poo poo

I do the same thing and it's the only reason anyone can read my handwriting.

dookifex_maximus
Aug 10, 2016

by zen death robot
KNOWYOUTHATCAESARWHENWRITINGATTACHESTOTHEFIRSTLETTEROFEACHWORDASURPERIODTOTHISICANATTESTPERSONALLYFORIHAVEINTHEFORUMOFTHEROMANSSTOODANDSEEN
THEDECREESHAMMEREDINTOWOODENWALLSBEHINDTHEROSTRABYHISMENSIGNEDWITHWAXIMPRESSEDWITHSEALSOFCAESARSOWNRINGITMAKESTHEWORDSEASIERTOPICKOUTONECAN
SURVEYENTIRESENTENCESATONCEANDDISCERNTHEIRMEANINGATAGLANCEITISHALLENDEAVOURTOWRITEMINEOWNMISSIVESTHUSHOWEVEROLDSCRIBEHABITSDIEHARD
MAMERCUSAEMILIUSSCATO
EIDSEXTANNOCAESARDICT

dookifex_maximus fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Oct 10, 2016

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

dookifex_maximus posted:

KNOWYOUTHATCAESARWHENWRITINGATTACHESTOTHEFIRSTLETTEROFEACHWORDASURPERIODTOTHISICANATTESTPERSONALLYFORIHAVEINTHEFORUMOFTHEROMANSSTOODANDSEEN
THEDECREESHAMMEREDINTOWOODENWALLSBEHINDTHEROSTRABYHISMENSIGNEDWITHWAXIMPRESSEDWITHSEALSOFCAESARSOWNRINGITMAKESTHEWORDSEASIERTOPICKOUTONECAN
SURVEYENTIRESENTENCESATONCEANDDISCERNTHEIRMEANINGATAGLANCEITISHALLENDEAVOURTOWRITEMINEOWNMISSIVESTHUSHOWEVEROLDSCRIBEHABITSDIEHARD
MAMERCUSAEMILIUSSCATO
EIDSEXTANNOCAESARDICT

lets be real, latin was pretty badass
LETSBEREALLATINWASPRETTYBADASS

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I heard foreigners say they can't read it but natives don't have any issues.

Build-a-Boar
Feb 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Cringe whenever I have to actually handwrite things

Macasaurus
Oct 12, 2012

my handwriting has only gotten worse over the years but i've also gotten much better at jerking off over that same time period so you win some you lose some

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.
I started off with utter poo poo handwriting and its only gotten immeasurably worse over the years. Partly from neglect and partly (presumably) from the tendancy of evil to grow and evolve when youre not looking at it. If I live a few more decades I will be able to pull a Sutter Cane.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

My handwriting is pretty drat good.

Robzilla
Jul 28, 2003

READ IT AND WEEP JEWBOY!
Fun Shoe
My handwriting is pretty good as long as I'm not signing my name since I make that as illegible as gently caress.

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

i have the handwriting of a doctor

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

more than one teacher used the term 'chickenscratch' to describe my writing so I'd like to think that even chickens can appreciate it

Theokotos
Jan 22, 2015

Fallen Rib
I hold my pen between my middle and ring finger on my dominant hand, but if I write with my secondary hand it's the normal way, between index and middle. I am a freak, but my handwriting is okay.

PantsandCola
Aug 17, 2013

you did good... you did good
I don't write with my jerk off hand, so that probably explains why I can't write for poo poo.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I'm so loving angry that they made me learn handwriting in school

didn't they know everything would be typed in the future?

I could have spent that time learning calculus or evolution or something useful

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Macnult posted:

can you forge a script for me

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer
You tell me OP:

I'm told my longhand is good, though

A lot of longhand habits like the rounded M's and N's sneak into shorthand. And with longhand, I've learned to stop at points like the tops of i's and t's to lift and replace my hand to help stop smearing.

I secretly enjoy high-flow ink pens, but as a lefty, it usually ends up smeared on the paper and on my hand as well. Current ink gel is a glorious, smooth, thick line that looks great, but it's bad for fine writing.

I once hand-wrote two pages of notes on the half-o-an index card(3"x5", so 3"x2.5") a teacher allowed with a superfine pen, quite a few were thoroughly impressed.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Macnult posted:

I have the handwriting of a nazi doctor writing scripts for zyklon-B

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Mistle posted:

You tell me OP:

I'm told my longhand is good, though

A lot of longhand habits like the rounded M's and N's sneak into shorthand. And with longhand, I've learned to stop at points like the tops of i's and t's to lift and replace my hand to help stop smearing.

I secretly enjoy high-flow ink pens, but as a lefty, it usually ends up smeared on the paper and on my hand as well. Current ink gel is a glorious, smooth, thick line that looks great, but it's bad for fine writing.

I once hand-wrote two pages of notes on the half-o-an index card(3"x5", so 3"x2.5") a teacher allowed with a superfine pen, quite a few were thoroughly impressed.

Thank you. I also like gel pens, but I'm not a left freak.

That's good handwriting imo.

My sister teaches first grade and can tell which students came from the lovely kindergarten teacher cause they lift their pencils on the tail for a capital A and sometimes create a non Q. RIP IN pieces

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I just assume most people like me that learned cursive in it's useless years smashed it together with printing to form a powerful combination of fast as gently caress and utterly illegible.

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004
My handwriting is loving terrible so I write in all caps because then it's still really bad but other people can read it.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
I have a bad habit of writing words with swollen letters and then trying to cram more letters at the end of the line, so you get a really abnormal case of massive letters that start shrinking to dust particles left from right.

And God forbid you try to make me write with a mouse.

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

Better Fred Than Dead posted:

Well?

Awful, serial killer chicken scratch? Have you made an effort to improve it? Why?

Any weird quirks in your handwriting you've added or adapted?

I stopped using the top and bottom bars on the capital I a couple years ago (actually almost a decade now).

My handwriting is loving awful though. Sometimes this is cool, a puzzle, but most of the time it's vaguely embarrassing.

"Here's a stylus example of my serial killer wretched writing. It becomes more representative the longer I writing, also, the smaller I write..."

I have a hard time making G distinctive without making it look like a foggy C or over exaggerated G with the hook.

I use open top 4s. I add horizontal crosses to 7 and Z.

I know some people hold their pencil on their ring finger and use middle and index fingers to apply pressure against their thumb. This is bizarre to me.

I'm Right handed.

Your turn.

Mines almost as bad as your but not quite. I haven't made my first kill yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
Dad's penmanship was impeccable; mom's was worse than prescription scrawl. Mine's really bad but my sister got the impeccable gene.
Oddly enough I could write Russian cursive pretty well, when i was taking the classes.

• Locked thread