Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Dial-a-Dog posted:

I learned that I hate sid

Christ what a day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Ranma Fan Art posted:

Christ what a day

And just think, there are plenty of days ahead of you that are going to be even loving worse.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
im a godless nihilist now its pretty nice/relaxing

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

VendaGoat posted:

And just think, there are plenty of days ahead of you that are going to be even loving worse.

That's not necessarily true; death can happen at any moment.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Thanks to the forums I lost 10 lbs., am two inches taller, and my penis has become both literally prehensile and sentient.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Chinatown posted:

im a godless nihilist now its pretty nice/relaxing

Super chill

Basch lives!
May 31, 2011
Grimy Drawer
Dinosaur Gum
i never used to shitpost thats for drat sure.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
posting on the forums directly led to me being taught how to do a proper dispose call in xna so yeah they affected my life pretty well

i know the memetic sentiment is "eww we're posting on something awful" but i like it here

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Thanks to the forums I lost 10 lbs., am two inches taller, and my penis has become both literally prehensile and sentient.

is this as much of a curse as I think it might be?

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
started making GBS threads my pants on a near daily basis

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Nooner posted:

started making GBS threads my pants on a near daily basis

correlation != causation grandpa

death by computer
Sep 6, 2010

Ever since I started using the forums, I've stopped talking to half my family!

the other half stopped talking to me

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

EngineerSean posted:

is this as much of a curse as I think it might be?

I guess that depends on who you ask.

Stato-Masochist
Aug 22, 2010

the air is fresh, there's plenty of parking, plenty of space to walk around

The forums have affected me in the following ways: THEY ARE ANNOOOOYYYYYYING

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
I got this sweet 20% off coupon for Dorco Razors in Coupons. Got like a years worth for 40 bucks and free shipping. That rocked.

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

before i started posting, i wasn't really using my second monitor for anything when i jerked off

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Falun Bong Refugee posted:

I got this sweet 20% off coupon for Dorco Razors in Coupons. Got like a years worth for 40 bucks and free shipping. That rocked.

ur a real dork-o allright!! :roflolmao:

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Thanks to the forums I was the coolest kid in school for ten nonconsecutive minutes in 2003

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Hector Beerlioz posted:

I get a huge burst of elation and self confidence whenever I am empty quoted.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Almost a decade ago docevil permabanned me and I'm still steamed about it

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Trunko posted:

from permabanned to mod, the true American Dream :patriot:

gheist
Oct 15, 2016

by WE B Boo-ourgeois

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Trunko posted:

At least you didn't get humiliated live in front of hundreds of people and then have the rest of your internet club immediately turn on your dumb chubby rear end.

buckets of buckets
Apr 8, 2012

CHECK OUT MY AWESOME POSTS
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=114&perpage=40#post447051278

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=91&perpage=40#post444280066

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3818944&pagenumber=196&perpage=40#post472627338

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3788178&pagenumber=405&perpage=40#post474195694

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3831643&pagenumber=5&perpage=40#post475694634
my life has become much worse since I signed up to these forums, but whether that is causation or correlation I cannot say

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Nooner posted:

ur a real dork-o allright!! :roflolmao:

:(

HATECUBE
Mar 2, 2007

im p sure browsing records got me laid off. sa is probably unexplainable even if the it nerd that has to deal with you is also a goon

then i spun that place on my resume in a way that got my 4x the pay at the next place. getting me out of there was literally a favor

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

lowtax kissed me on the mouth and turned me straight and i now have a wife and a kid

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

Hell yeah

meet girls at the store
Nov 4, 2002
I briefly dated an admin, AMA

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

meet girls at the store posted:

I briefly dated an admin, AMA

will you ever be clean?

Flagellum
Dec 23, 2011

spurdo av master race so what
I used to be a good kid but now I want everyone to die

yippeekiyaymf
May 16, 2002

You seriously have issues.

Go catch more racoons in a net and step away from the computer.
Back on my day (old), there were post your phone number threads for goons to call. I did, I got a call, and then I hung up.

Thanks somethingawful!

PS1 Hagrid
Sep 17, 2007

I've wasted almost a decade on this dead gay forum.

Basch lives!
May 31, 2011
Grimy Drawer
Dinosaur Gum
was it dead and gay the whole 10 years or did it become that way over tiem?

or did it become dead and gay just after you joined, as a direct result?

wyntyr
Mar 27, 2006

yippeekiyaymf posted:

Back on my day (old), there were post your phone number threads for goons to call. I did, I got a call, and then I hung up.

Thanks somethingawful!

Those threads still exist in e/n. I posted one of those threads back in the day in GBS and still have one good friend out of the deal. Overall it's p cool

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
ive sold a lot of stuff on SA. while ive had something like 15 bans across maybe 5 accoutns now id sold like... thousands of dollars in stuff so its ok

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

penus penus penus posted:

ive sold a lot of stuff on SA. while ive had something like 15 bans across maybe 5 accoutns now id sold like... thousands of dollars in stuff so its ok

So you're permabanned SA mart seller? I guess we'll see you on your new account soon.

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??
I laugh uncontrollably whenever I see an image of someone with photoshopped sausage arms.

I wish that thread would get resurrected

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald

Falun Bong Refugee posted:

So you're permabanned SA mart seller? I guess we'll see you on your new account soon.

No my SA mart transactions have been 100% good and cordial. It's literally he only subforum where I don't get into any poo poo of any kind lol. In fact a lot of the time if I behave unusually well its because I have things for sale and don't want to get probated or banned until it sells

• Locked thread