Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Visual GNUdio
Aug 27, 2003

i have no idea wtf you're tlaking about but you sure do sound mad about it. have you considered maybe switching to Microsoft Windows? i use it and i'm totally relaxed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
coding for windows is bad and you shouldn't do it.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
I trust the sarcastic guy

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

I think zfs is good and it's the OP who is terrible

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

The Management posted:

coding for windows is bad and you shouldn't do it.
Coding for windows is fun & awesome

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

Only in the sense that no matter how garbage your code is, it is valid and usable in one or more of the 100 different legacy windows APIs and languages you have at your disposal

Tankakern
Jul 25, 2007

lol who resurrected this thread

btrfs raid56 has got a fix for that scrub issue now! dont use it in production just yet though

http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-btrfs/msg60595.html

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
don't worry, it will be stable in another five to ten years, just in time for Linux to move on to another future file system.

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe
i'm still in awe of how an opinion can be this wrong

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

The Management posted:

don't worry, it will be stable in another five to ten years, just in time for Linux to move on to another future file system.

xfs is still the recommended filesystem

has been for more than ten years

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

Tankakern posted:

btrfs raid56 has got a fix for that scrub issue now! dont use it in production just yet though

i am not convinced btrfs will ever be done

or maybe it will be "done" just in time for xpoint and high-speed nvme designs to render it irrelevant

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe
zfs is so good apple took a bunch of its features for apfs

what say you now, op

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
apfs is really basic compared to zfs.

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

The Management posted:

apfs is really basic compared to zfs.

apfs is designed for systems that weigh less than a single disk that zfs wants like six of

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Cocoa Crispies posted:

apfs is designed for systems that weigh less than a single disk that zfs wants like six of

no arguments here. zfs is for servers and requires a fuckload of ram, apfs is for much smaller devices that don't need many of these features. I'm just saying that if you're comparing capabilities, zfs is far more advanced.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Tankakern posted:

"scrub race" lol

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

akadajet posted:

"scrub race" lol

You're winning

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

Fun Shoe

Captain Foo posted:

You're winning

:thurman:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

suffix
Jul 27, 2013

Wheeee!

abraham linkedin posted:

zfs is so good apple took a bunch of its features for apfs

what say you now, op

steve jobs sat up in his grave and proclaimed in a dry, croaky voice "actually, you don't need checksums when you never have any hardware or software errors", and thus apfs was born

• Locked thread