Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Toledo goalie Jeff Lerg has signed with some French team for next year. Godspeed, you! Tiny goaltender :911:

let us remember the good times

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
This plan seems to be more ambitious than intelligent but lets see how it works out.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/cwhl-unveils-chinese-expansion-franchise-2017-18/

quote:

The Canadian Women’s Hockey League has reached the Far East.

The league announced on Monday that it has reached a five-year deal to expand into China, with the formation of the Kunlun Red Star (KRS), which will begin play in the 2017-18 season.

As a result, the CWHL schedule will see a 24 to 30 game increase with the five North American teams travelling to play a three-game series with Kunlun.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
https://twitter.com/WojtekWolski86/status/872891064427872256

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Grand Rapids Griffins beat the Syracuse Crunch 4-2 to win the Calder Cup.

Somebody in the NHL hire Todd Nelson as your head coach. He's cool and good.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
https://twitter.com/wyshynski/status/877151744853123072

RussianBear
Sep 14, 2003

I am become death, the destroyer of worlds

stltoday.com posted:

The Blues have a new affiliate in the American Hockey League, although it will be another year before the club actually takes control of the minor-league organization.

The Blues are soon expected to announce a five-year agreement with the San Antonio Rampage, a deal that will take effect beginning with the 2018-19 season, according to multiple NHL and AHL sources.

The Rampage, who are owned by Spurs Sports & Entertainment (SS&E), are currently the top affiliate of the Colorado Avalanche. But the AHL has announced that it will expand by one team in 2018-19, and according to a report in the Denver Post, the Avs are in discussions with the ECHL’s Colorado Eagles for the Eagles to become the expansion franchise.

The Blues’ alignment with San Antonio will end a two-year search for a new AHL affiliate after a relationship with the Chicago Wolves turned sour and efforts to place an expansion club in Kansas City or Indianapolis came up short. The Blues will operate without an affiliate in 2017-18 because the addition of the expansion Vegas Golden Knights will give the NHL one more franchise than the AHL, and with the Knights collaborating with the Wolves, it will leave the Blues as the odd team out. But that will change the following year when the AHL expands.

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/hock...cfa839594a.html

As a Rampage fan I'm excited. It's not fun being the worst team in the AHL.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

That's awesome. That should be a big help for the league

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

This hotdog is about as real as your story Steve Simmons

Planning an AHL filled vacation this year. Going to go visit my sister near Charlotte in March and go to the two Checkers/Pens games, then come back home that Friday just in time for the St. Patrick's day game in WBS. It's cool to see new teams, and to have an excuse to go visit my sister. (Plus it's a cheap vacation since she and her husband have a spare bedroom.)

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Mage_Boy posted:

Planning an AHL filled vacation this year. Going to go visit my sister near Charlotte in March and go to the two Checkers/Pens games, then come back home that Friday just in time for the St. Patrick's day game in WBS. It's cool to see new teams, and to have an excuse to go visit my sister. (Plus it's a cheap vacation since she and her husband have a spare bedroom.)

If you are in/near Cleveland want to go to a Monsters game, let me know.

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

This hotdog is about as real as your story Steve Simmons

Hockles posted:

If you are in/near Cleveland want to go to a Monsters game, let me know.

If I ever get that way I definitely will. Wish I had paid more attention to SAS when I worked for Sheetz and I was doing their register rollouts. I was all over the place back then. I probably could have met a lot of NHL and AHL fans.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Just renewed my Winterhawks season tickets, it's almost hockey season!

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Did I miss Champions Hockey League chat yet?

E: Stop Zurich, they're already dead.

Boomer The Cannon fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Aug 26, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...
Bright and shiny new thread!

• Locked thread